Windows 10: Aero snapping betwen multiple monitors

Discus and support Aero snapping betwen multiple monitors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have read multiple threads about this issue and it looks like Microsoft could not care less about Windows 10 users. These said threads are as old as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SebastienCécire, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Aero snapping betwen multiple monitors

I have read multiple threads about this issue and it looks like Microsoft could not care less about Windows 10 users. These said threads are as old as 2015 and the issue is still not fixed.

Long story short, I am using Windows Areo Snapping feature but when I want to move any window to my second monitor, Areo snap thinks I want to snap the window to the side of my first monitor. A simple fix as ''hold window for one second to snap'' instead of having the users to drag the windows with their mouse as fast as possible to snap. You guys know it's not a hardware issue or software updates. This problem exists only in Windows 10. This problem is the tool itself.

And before you try to direct me on how to disable it, that is not what I need. I want to snap my windows and use the feature, but it's outraging that I have to move the mouse as fast as possible while dragging a window between my dual monitors. I am an advanced user and currently a programming student and even I know it should be an easy fix. So I ask you, in 2019, Microsoft, fix it!

:)

SebastienCécire, Apr 15, 2019

2. Disable aero snap between monitors

Hello.

I have had windows 10 for about a year now and are useing a multi monitor setup. I found out the first day after I installes windows 10 that the aero snap was going to be realy annoying so I did a lot of searching to try and disable the problem or work around
    it. I found that I cud disable it but that also ment that I cud no longer grab and drag maximized windoes like I can with aero snap active. I can also not snap the windows to the top of the screen like I want to keep. So I desided to keep the snap on and see
    if I cud get used to it, as you might guess I am not used to it and are about to go mad.

So what I want is to ask is if there is a way to disable aero snap between monitors and sticky corners, but keep the snap to the top of the screens like we had in windows 7.

RubenRotmo, Apr 15, 2019
  3. CodyKowa Win User
    Neep Help to Disable Aero Snap Between Monitors Only on Windows 10

I understand that i can completely disable aero snap, but i want to be able to use aero snap, i just don't want it between my monitors.

CodyKowa, Apr 15, 2019
  4. CodyKowa Win User

Aero snapping betwen multiple monitors

Neep Help to Disable Aero Snap Between Monitors Only on Windows 10

Is there anyway to disable the aero snap feature between monitors. I am really enjoying windows 10 so far, but it is extremely frustrating when my windows are constantly snapping to my monitors when i just want them to go on to my 2nd monitor.

I have tried the registry fix that work with windows 8 but it didn't do anything on 10.

I've also tried changing resolutions, swapping my monitors, and reinstalling my graphics driver just in hopes that something silly would fix it.

If there currently is no fix for this, is there anyone or group of people looking into this problem?

I've been searching all over google and i couldn't find any solutions as of me typing this out.

And yes I even tried the guide to set up multiple monitors in case there was something special i would have had to do for windows 10.

CodyKowa, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Aero snapping betwen multiple monitors

1. Aero snapping betwen multiple monitors - Similar Threads - Aero snapping betwen

2. Is there a way to snap a window across multiple monitors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to snap a window across multiple monitors?: Adobe Premiere Pro takes up a lot of screen space so I typically run it on both monitors 24" x2. Is there a way to lock it across both? Currently it's floating in order to stretch across. I have marked the approximate location of the split point between monitors with a green...
  3. Is there a way to snap a window across multiple monitors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to snap a window across multiple monitors?: Adobe Premiere Pro takes up a lot of screen space so I typically run it on both monitors 24" x2. Is there a way to lock it across both? Currently it's floating in order to stretch across. I have marked the approximate location of the split point between monitors with a green...
  4. "Snap to" with multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Snap to" with multiple monitors: Hi I am loving Windows 11 great job. I am a graphic designer and use a multiple monitor setup. How "snap to" works is great, but I use a laptop and an external monitor to extend the screen, it would be nice if I try to snap an open window there are no options to snap it to my...
  5. "Snap to" with multiple monitors

"Snap to" with multiple monitors: Hi I am loving Windows 11 great job. I am a graphic designer and use a multiple monitor setup. How "snap to" works is great, but I use a laptop and an external monitor to extend the screen, it would be nice if I try to snap an open window there are no options to snap it to my...
  6. Snap to window is buggy for multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snap to window is buggy for multiple monitors: I have 5 monitors arranged thus: 1 2 345 If that doesn't come out right it's 3 along and 2 up, with the top middle one missing there's a stereo there. Snapping to windows works perfectly apart from one application which I want to run across the right two monitors 2...
  7. snap with multiple monitors in portrait deisplay mode

snap with multiple monitors in portrait deisplay mode: How can we use snap features in Windows 10 if our multiple monitors are in portrait display mode? One idea was: "You can assign new hotkeys (like Ctrl + Alt + Up/Down) on the Settings > Functions tab. The functions you're looking for are called "Size and Move Window to...
  8. Windows snapping between multiple monitors.

Windows snapping between multiple monitors.: I have read multiple threads about this issue and it looks like Microsoft could not care less about Windows 10 users. These said threads are as old as 2015 and the issue is still not fixed. Long story short, I am using Windows Areo Snapping feature but when I want to move...
  9. Recommend a good Aero-Snap Program

Recommend a good Aero-Snap Program: Preferably freeware. Looking for something that allows for more customization than the native Win10 Snap feature allows. Maybe pre-defining certain zones, or being able to snap to 25% width/height as well as the default 50%? Anyone have any personal recommendations? 86084
  10. Turn On or Off Aero Snap in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Aero Snap in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Snap Windows in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Snap Windows in Windows 10 Your screen can get cluttered if you have a lot of opened app windows. The Snap windows (aka: Aero Snap) feature includes Snap Assist and 2x2 snapping to help you organize...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. aero snapping between monitors