Windows 10: AES2501B Device - "Device Disconnected" sound every ten seconds or so

Discus and support AES2501B Device - "Device Disconnected" sound every ten seconds or so in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since installing Windows 10 I've been bothered by "Device Disconnected" sounds about every 10 seconds or so. I just turned off the sound until I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by perdrix, Aug 23, 2015.

1. perdrix Win User

AES2501B Device - "Device Disconnected" sound every ten seconds or so

Since installing Windows 10 I've been bothered by "Device Disconnected" sounds about every 10 seconds or so.

I just turned off the sound until I could investigate further.

I found that the AES2501B fingerprint reader device is the culprit as disabling it stopped the Device Disconnect sounds, but this prevents me from using the fingerprint reader to log in to Windows.

Further digging lead me to discover that this was power management related, but Windows 10 no longer seemed to offer the ability to turn off power management on a device basis.

Update: I found that adding a DWORD entry in the registry appears to resolve this. I got the "Driver key" for the device by checking the device properties in Device manager, going to the Details tab, and selecting "Driver key". This had the value:

{53d29ef7-377c-4d14-864b-eb3a85769359}\000

I then went into regedit, and opened the location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{53d29ef7-377c-4d14-864b-eb3a85769359}\0000

I then added a new DWORD, giving it the name PnPCapabilities with a value of 0.

This appears to have stopped the Device disconnects, and strangely, it also has brought back the Power Management tab (but just for this device).

However, I'm not 100% convinced that the value of zero is the best/correct solution, please could someone who knows this stuff better than I please contribute.

Cheers
    Dave

:)

perdrix, Aug 23, 2015

2. Windows 10 AES2501B Device - "Device Disconnected" sound every ten seconds or so

Hi Jeremy,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: Perform a Clean Boot and find out which application/service is causing this issue.

A clean boot helps to eliminate software conflicts and to determine what is causing the problem. Perform a clean boot on the computer by following the steps given in the link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the game in compatibility mode.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on the setup file and select Properties.

2. Select Compatibility tab.

3. Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

4. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Aug 23, 2015
  3. Windows 10 AES2501B Device - "Device Disconnected" sound every ten seconds or so

Hi Dave,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Update the Windows 10 Drivers and check if it help.

Please refer to the below article “How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10”by Mr. Andre Da Costa to update the drivers:

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

I also suggest you to refer to the article “Fix Sound Problems” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Thank you for sharing the information in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your contribution towards Microsoft Community.

Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 23, 2015
Thema:

AES2501B Device - "Device Disconnected" sound every ten seconds or so

1. AES2501B Device - "Device Disconnected" sound every ten seconds or so - Similar Threads - AES2501B Device Device

2. Constant disconnecting sound every second

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Constant disconnecting sound every second: So, I arrived home today and got onto my PC. I kept having Bluetooth problems last time I used it, which was Tuesday, but I did fix it by reinstalling the Bluetooth driver. Now, when I came home today, my computer started acting up by constantly playing the "disconnecting...
  3. Device Disconnect sound keeps playing every 30 seconds. No pop ups. No indicators of why

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device Disconnect sound keeps playing every 30 seconds. No pop ups. No indicators of why: Device Disconnect sound keeps playing every 30 seconds. No pop ups. No indicators of why. I did a windows reinstall and it is still occurring. Very annoying....
  4. System Makes Device regularly makes device disconnect sound at screen sleep with second...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Makes Device regularly makes device disconnect sound at screen sleep with second...: I have a new up to date system HP Envy AiO with an external monitor also HP Envy. Recently purchased. When the system goes into screen sleep Windows repeats the device disconnect sound and sometimes device connect. The system was returned to HP, they put new motherboard...
  5. Disconnected device sound keeps happening every few seconds

Disconnected device sound keeps happening every few seconds: This is literally driving me to insanity. I'm just using the pc normally and i keep hearing the sound that you hear when you disconnect a usb device. It happens every few seconds. I opened up device manager, nothing abnormal there, but when ever i hear the disconnected...
  6. Incessant Device Disconnect Sound but not USB device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Incessant Device Disconnect Sound but not USB device: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/g8trtim [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eh2vnw/incessant_device_disconnect_sound_but_not_usb/
  7. DEVICE DISCONNECT CONNECT SOUNDS

DEVICE DISCONNECT CONNECT SOUNDS: I removed my device by the safely remove the device, & still get the disconnect-connect sounds, I do not want to take the computer apart or have someone look @ it to say it cost? I guess I can always wile not using it put it in sleep mode? Bob Thanks & God bless...
  8. Disconnected device sound keeps happening every time

Disconnected device sound keeps happening every time: This is literally driving me to insanity. I'm just using the pc normally and i keep hearing the sound that you hear when you disconnect a usb device. It happens every few seconds. I opened up device manager, nothing abnormal there, but when ever i hear the disconnected...
  9. Disconnected device sound keeps happening every few seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Disconnected device sound keeps happening every few seconds: This is literally driving me to insanity. I'm just using the pc normally and i keep hearing the sound that you hear when you disconnect a usb device. It happens every few seconds. I opened up device manager, nothing abnormal there, but when ever i hear the disconnected...
  10. Unknown Device Disconnected sounds

Unknown Device Disconnected sounds: I am getting numerous Device Disconnected sounds and occasionally Device Connected sounds. I am trying to trace the source of these and started looking in the event logs. There does not appear to be any events with Critical or Error tags showing. Should the Device...