Windows 10: afp file extension?

Discus and support afp file extension? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; During cleaning up old personal documents I found documents with an afp file extension. These documents are 12 years old, made in the XP period. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PiKo, Mar 14, 2017.

1. PiKo Win User

afp file extension?

During cleaning up old personal documents I found documents with an afp file extension. These documents are 12 years old, made in the XP period. In view of the file names they should be normal text documents, made in Word or pdf. Maybe also in Outlook or Pagemaker.
    With my current programmes (Word, Acrobat, Notepad) I cannot open these or. when opening, text is without any sense.
    Searching on the Web, I find that it could be IBM related, but I never used an IBM programme. Further, converters are available, but I am not really interested in converting since the documents are outdated and not relevant any more.
    My big question is: anybody an idea what could have happened that standard documents now show an afp extension?

:)

2. Adobe Flash Player in Windows 10

Hi,

AFP has been pre-installed on Windows OS since Windows 7, but

You should run Windows Updates regularly to keep the installed version of AFP up to date. There have been 3 critical security updates for IE involving AFP in late 2016.

IECUSTOMIZER, Mar 14, 2017
  3. July 12th 2017 Windows Build kills explorer.exe

So if I were to uninstall AFP that could make the issue disappear?

Ryan McClellan, Mar 14, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

afp file extension?

afp file extension? [​IMG]

Edwin, Mar 14, 2017
  5. Plankton Win User
    From what I could find out.....an AFP file could be a few things. 1 is a file format developed by IBM. 2 that it's part of some encryption software. 3 it's some port of a printer protocol.

As to how it happend....who knows. If they are not relevant and outdated as you say....just delete them and not worry about them anymore.

Plankton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

afp file extension?

1. afp file extension? - Similar Threads - afp file extension

2. file extensions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file extensions: Hello İ have win 11 installed and first thing I see is i can't open files like .iso .py etc.when I look at these files types it says like Windows.IsoFile for iso files and Python.File on .py files and it's really annoyingcan anyone help me how to fix it i put some examples on...
  3. file extensions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file extensions: Hello İ have win 11 installed and first thing I see is i can't open files like .iso .py etc.when I look at these files types it says like Windows.IsoFile for iso files and Python.File on .py files and it's really annoyingcan anyone help me how to fix it i put some examples on...
  4. Files with no extension

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files with no extension: Hello, I have several files with no extension. Under file type, it just says "file". I'm not sure what happened tom change that. I recently downloaded Windows 11, if that means anything. My question is, is there any way I can add an extension to a file that would make it...
  5. Files with no extension

Files with no extension: Hello, I have several files with no extension. Under file type, it just says "file". I'm not sure what happened tom change that. I recently downloaded Windows 11, if that means anything. My question is, is there any way I can add an extension to a file that would make it...
  6. File extensions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File extensions: My antivirus software kaspersky has changed some file extensions in outlook - pptx has become ppt_ and xlsx has become xls_ I have resolved this but it has changed file extensions on many email attachments that I still need. I want to open these attachments but cannot...
  7. File extensions

File extensions: I downloaded some files from the internet and it won't allow me to change their file extensions note: i already tick the unhide file extension under folder options. The files are just greyed out and changing the file extensions just reverts them back to their original file...
  8. File extensions.

File extensions.: Can someone please tell me what extension I need to add to a screenshot of an "Administrator: Command Prompt" file in order to get it to upload? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-extensions/9f112de0-bf26-4c53-b0c0-7847c4503296"
  9. file extension

file extension: hi, i don't know why but when i'm trying to set .pas extension by PASCAL app it is not sett, i'm trying again and again but nothing is received https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-extension/9a8a6899-ad06-4c39-a55d-06371f2ec60d
  10. File extension

in Windows 10 Support
    File extension: How can I add a new file extension windows 10 Don Cole 73899