Windows 10: AFR language keeps getting added to the keyboard input methods after restart even when removed

Discus and support AFR language keeps getting added to the keyboard input methods after restart even when removed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; the problem started after an update I think during the last 3 months, I have 2 input methods English and Arabic, now whenever I try to switch language... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mahmoud Radwan, Jan 25, 2021.

1. AFR language keeps getting added to the keyboard input methods after restart even when removed

the problem started after an update I think during the last 3 months, I have 2 input methods English and Arabic, now whenever I try to switch language using the shortcut or from the taskbar I find 3 languages English, Arabic, and Afrikaans, it happens like 3-5 times a week when I log in to my account, also when I go to the language settings I can't find the Afrikaans language anywhere it only appears in the shortcut or when I cycle between languages the only way to remove it is to install the AFR language then remove it but it always comes back after the next restart

please help it is very annoying

thanks

:)

Mahmoud Radwan, Jan 25, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Zacchi4k Win User
    Zacchi4k, Jan 25, 2021
  4. AFR language keeps getting added to the keyboard input methods after restart even when removed

1803: Cannot change/remove input methods/languages?

Hello everyone,

I have 4 languages installed, but only want 2 of them as input methods (keyboard). In previous Windows 10 versions, there was a Language section in the Control Panel where input methods could be removed.

This section has been removed in 1803, and there's "Advanced Keyboard settings" in Settings, but I cannot find anything useful there:

AFR language keeps getting added to the keyboard input methods after restart even when removed [​IMG]

(not sure what are those hidden settings)

If I go to Region & language, select a language then Options/Keyboard, the keyboard cannot be removed (greyed out):

AFR language keeps getting added to the keyboard input methods after restart even when removed [​IMG]

I know I can remove the languages entirely but this will also remove the text-to-speech files, which I want to keep and use. If I type "input methods" on the start menu, a "Change input methods" entry appears, probably a remnant from the previous version. An error will appear when clicked: Windows cannot find 'Microsoft.Language'.

What an unnecessary mess...

AmigaRoots, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

AFR language keeps getting added to the keyboard input methods after restart even when removed

1. AFR language keeps getting added to the keyboard input methods after restart even when removed - Similar Threads - AFR language keeps

2. Can't remove keyboard input language !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove keyboard input language !: Hi,I want to DISABLE COMPLETELY a keyboard input language from my OS. I never want any other KB layout than US ANSI. OS keep switching kb layouts... it seem to happen due to some hotkey combination, or a Windows update. It just now happened when I updated PowerToys to latest...
  3. To remove unwanted language input methods.

in Windows 10 Customization
    To remove unwanted language input methods.: Hi all, I have a Windows 10 Home, version 20H2. I've seen similar problems on the posts that posted 2 years ago on older version of Windows 10. There's still nothing I can do to remove the extra input languages. My question is how to remove those extra input methods?...
  4. Need to remove languages in input method that still show up, even when removed from...

Need to remove languages in input method that still show up, even when removed from...: I'm using Windows 10 2004. I only have these two languages as preferred. [ATTACH] But in language input, it shows a lot: [ATTACH] I did add Vietnamese, and Greek before to type some characters like alpha, beta, gamma, .... And when I removed them, the input method also...
  5. The Afiikaans keyboard layout is automatically adding to the input methods

The Afiikaans keyboard layout is automatically adding to the input methods: I noticed that the AFR keyboard layout added to my input methods here: [ATTACH] While in the Language preferences it isn't in the list of my languages: [ATTACH] I've deleted this language from the registry several times: [ATTACH] but it keeps adding every time I reboot...
  6. Additional keyboard input method automatically added -- can't be removed!

Additional keyboard input method automatically added -- can't be removed!: I am running Windows 10 Pro 1909, OS build 18363.657. I am primarily using 2 languages when I type on my computer, one of which English. Despite living in the UK, I don't like the English UK layout of the special characters e.g. the @ and " are swapped and I never use this...
  7. Adding Chinese Keyboard Input Method by Group Policy

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding Chinese Keyboard Input Method by Group Policy: Hi, As part of a recent rollout of Windows 10 computers for my client I was asked to include additional keyboards. I did this through group policy user preferences registry keys by adding a new key for each keyboard identifier; for example, 0000040c for French AZERTY...
  8. Remove Input Methods

Remove Input Methods: Hey everyone, I'm running into a bit of a difficulty attempting to remove input methods. I've already removed the languages and restarted a few times, but the input methods still remain. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've attached a screenshot of the issue below....
  9. New keyboard input method randomly added

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New keyboard input method randomly added: Hello, for many many years I use two keyboard layouts on all my PC's. CES - Czech Qertz layout for texts in Czech language, and ENG - Czech keyboard layout for programmers for writing code. I routinely switch between these two by Alt+Right SHIFT. Now in random intervals...
  10. Remove input method without removing language?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove input method without removing language?: I have an Italian installation of Windows 10 Pro 1511, and I also have the Japanese IME and, thus, Japanese language installed in the control panel, BUT I needed to install English (UK) too, because all the Store apps that didn't support Italian used Japanese instead of...