Windows 10: Afraid I must ask again how to stop EDGE and/or BING from over riding my settings.

Discus and support Afraid I must ask again how to stop EDGE and/or BING from over riding my settings. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have gone into settings and set things so that Chrome would be my browser but from time to time I will click on a link not noticing anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TemporaryUser0101, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Afraid I must ask again how to stop EDGE and/or BING from over riding my settings.

I have gone into settings and set things so that Chrome would be my browser but from time to time I will click on a link not noticing anything indicating it goes to Microsoft and then suddenly everything I try to link to ends up in Edge and then Bing becomes my search engine even though it is set at DuckDuckGo.How, since my settings are being ignored can I keep Edge and Bing out of my workings?

:)

TemporaryUser0101, Feb 27, 2024

2. Edge keeps asking to change default search engine to bing

Hello John,

I think that what Padipoo is asking, is that Windows itself suggest from time to time to reset our default search back to Bing. It doesn't comes from an extension but from some sort of "Windows Experience" thing I guess. It usually happen after a Windows Update - I'm not sure. If for some users it could be useful to get rid of a bad search engine that been pushed to them from a malicious way, I'd wish that if I choose something okay, like Google or DuckDuckGo, that we'd be excluded from changing back to Bing.

Best regards,

Bernard

PotatoKarl, Feb 27, 2024
  3. Remove Bing from Microsoft Edge

Hi Bonnie,

Bing is design to work with Microsoft Edge and cannot be removed. Do you just want to change the default search engine used on Microsoft Edge? If yes, follow the steps below on how to change the default search engine on Microsoft Edge:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the "..." icon at the upper right hand of the window and select
      Settings.
    • Select View advanced settings.
    • Select Change search engine.
    • Select a different search engine and Set as default.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Feb 27, 2024
  4. Jerry8A Win User

Afraid I must ask again how to stop EDGE and/or BING from over riding my settings.

Bing Chat - How to Delete

Hello I followed instructions in attachment Bing Chat 1 and tried the last two steps. It took me to attachment Bing Chat 2. However, Bing Chat was not listed. Do you suppose it’s not listed for my Windows 10 version? I use Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge Jerry
    Afraid I must ask again how to stop EDGE and/or BING from over riding my settings. 400131d1699232580t-bing-chat-how-delete-bing-chat-1.png

Afraid I must ask again how to stop EDGE and/or BING from over riding my settings. 400132d1699232620t-bing-chat-how-delete-bing-chat-2.png

Jerry8A, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

Afraid I must ask again how to stop EDGE and/or BING from over riding my settings.

1. Afraid I must ask again how to stop EDGE and/or BING from over riding my settings. - Similar Threads - Afraid must ask

2. Afraid I must ask again how to stop EDGE and/or BING from over riding my settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Afraid I must ask again how to stop EDGE and/or BING from over riding my settings.: I have gone into settings and set things so that Chrome would be my browser but from time to time I will click on a link not noticing anything indicating it goes to Microsoft and then suddenly everything I try to link to ends up in Edge and then Bing becomes my search engine...
  3. Afraid I must ask again how to stop EDGE and/or BING from over riding my settings.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Afraid I must ask again how to stop EDGE and/or BING from over riding my settings.: I have gone into settings and set things so that Chrome would be my browser but from time to time I will click on a link not noticing anything indicating it goes to Microsoft and then suddenly everything I try to link to ends up in Edge and then Bing becomes my search engine...
  4. Must I now open Edge and Bing to get through the wallpaper?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Must I now open Edge and Bing to get through the wallpaper?: Oh Redmond, You think you are so freakin' clever manipulating your captive audience, when all you are doing is reminding your users how annoying and arrogant you are. I am stuck with you much of the time, but I avoid you whenever I have a choice....
  5. Problem setting/over-riding file/folder permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem setting/over-riding file/folder permissions: I have a problem with a program that routinely copies files from one network drive to another. After much work, it appears the problem is due to file permissions that prevent the copy. All files are my own and I need a way of forcing permissions on all files as a means of...
  6. HOW DO I REMOVE BING FROM THE NEW EDGE ?

in Cortana
    HOW DO I REMOVE BING FROM THE NEW EDGE ?: I HAVE DELETED IT IT IN SETTINGS, ELEVATED GOOGLE IN INSTEAD, YET EVERY TIME I SEARCH M ITS THAT BLANKETY BLANK BING ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-bing-from-the-new-edge/492c2fd3-588b-4811-a400-c8165a2b5de8"
  7. How do I stop M$ from disabling my LAN over and over and over....

How do I stop M$ from disabling my LAN over and over and over....: Every single time there's any kind of update, my LAN gets disabled. See details here: Network Computers are Not Visible in Windows 10 All I have to do is open Winaero Tweaker and click a box (instead of opening services and scrolling down to "Function Discovery Resource...
  8. How do I stop M$ from disabling my LAN over and over and over....

How do I stop M$ from disabling my LAN over and over and over....: Every single fucking time there's any kind of update, my LAN gets disabled. See details here: Network Computers are Not Visible in Windows 10 I all have to do is open Winaero Tweaker and click a box (instead of opening services and scrolling down to "Function Discovery...
  9. How do I stop edge from asking me to install Chrome???

in Browsers and Email
    How do I stop edge from asking me to install Chrome???: EVERY SINGLE TIME I open the wonderful Edge browser, i get asked if I want to install Google Chrome; I've told it 20 times I am NOT INTERESTED, but it still keeps up this stupid behavior.. How long until the "so called browser" works properly? It STILL doesn't save any of...
  10. Edge popup tips over and over and over again

in Browsers and Email
    Edge popup tips over and over and over again: How do I get Edge to stop with the constant barrage of pop-up tips showing the "make a note" feature and "reading" tips? If I wanted to use these I would use them! What do I need to do? Do I need to stop using Edge and use Chrome instead??? 25296