Windows 10: Afraid this is a Scam

Discus and support Afraid this is a Scam in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; My friend got an email from this company, offering her Office Pro Plus for $39.00. She thought it was a good deal, so went for it. I'm not so sure it's... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Wynona, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Wynona Win User

Afraid this is a Scam

My friend got an email from this company, offering her Office Pro Plus for $39.00. She thought it was a good deal, so went for it. I'm not so sure it's legit, since the product key doesn't seem to work. Also, I've never heard of Microsoft Softwares LTD.

Here's a screenie of the confirmation.

Thanks for any information y'all can provide.

:)

Wynona, Jun 21, 2020
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Smeed Win User

Afraid this is a Scam

Smeed, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Afraid this is a Scam

1. Afraid this is a Scam - Similar Threads - Afraid Scam

2. Afraid I must ask again how to stop EDGE and/or BING from over riding my settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Afraid I must ask again how to stop EDGE and/or BING from over riding my settings.: I have gone into settings and set things so that Chrome would be my browser but from time to time I will click on a link not noticing anything indicating it goes to Microsoft and then suddenly everything I try to link to ends up in Edge and then Bing becomes my search engine...
  3. Afraid I must ask again how to stop EDGE and/or BING from over riding my settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Afraid I must ask again how to stop EDGE and/or BING from over riding my settings.: I have gone into settings and set things so that Chrome would be my browser but from time to time I will click on a link not noticing anything indicating it goes to Microsoft and then suddenly everything I try to link to ends up in Edge and then Bing becomes my search engine...
  4. Afraid I must ask again how to stop EDGE and/or BING from over riding my settings.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Afraid to upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Afraid to upgrade to Windows 11: This may be a small issue but the Snipping tool in W 11 basically does not work. Instead of saving an image as a JPG or PNG file in the Pictures folder, the image is saved in Clipboard in a format that can't be uploaded or shared as a proper media file. Small issues portend...
  6. Afraid to upgrade to Windows 11

Afraid to upgrade to Windows 11: This may be a small issue but the Snipping tool in W 11 basically does not work. Instead of saving an image as a JPG or PNG file in the Pictures folder, the image is saved in Clipboard in a format that can't be uploaded or shared as a proper media file. Small issues portend...
  7. I am afraid that PhotosService.exe is malware or a trojan? is is a legit sofware or false...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am afraid that PhotosService.exe is malware or a trojan? is is a legit sofware or false...: the file location isC:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_2024.11010.10002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\PhotosServicewhole folder has 4 files in it with Virustotal resultsPhotosService.exe...
  8. I am afraid that PhotosService.exe is malware or a trojan? is is a legit sofware or false...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am afraid that PhotosService.exe is malware or a trojan? is is a legit sofware or false...: the file location isC:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_2024.11010.10002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\PhotosServicewhole folder has 4 files in it with Virustotal resultsPhotosService.exe...
  9. I am afraid that PhotosService.exe is malware or a trojan? is is a legit sofware or false...

10. I was installing windows 10 on Lenovo IdeaPad 3 and it's on 34% after 3 hrs I am afraid to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I was installing windows 10 on Lenovo IdeaPad 3 and it's on 34% after 3 hrs I am afraid to...: I was installing windows 10 on Lenovo IdeaPad 3 and it's on 34% after 3 hrs I am afraid to stop it because I don't want to go through it again what should I do?...