Windows 10: After 17692 update, desktop font not scaling

Discus and support After 17692 update, desktop font not scaling in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After Insider Preview 17692 installed, my desktop font will not scale. This appears to effect the desktop, any system prompts and non windows store... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MattSuderman, Jul 16, 2018.

1. After 17692 update, desktop font not scaling

After Insider Preview 17692 installed, my desktop font will not scale. This appears to effect the desktop, any system prompts and non windows store apps, like chrome.

You can see here the menu of the file explorer is sized....but the text INSIDE is not.

After 17692 update, desktop font not scaling 9687b64f-c1ae-4bd0-9613-2953c8845be3?upload=true.png

You can see below...even after applying "Make Everything Bigger" the font is still tiny.

After 17692 update, desktop font not scaling 8214e24d-3115-4638-9c24-cae4c90489fc?upload=true.png

:)

MattSuderman, Jul 16, 2018

2. Change the font of my desktop icons

Hi Domi,

Windows 10 make it easier for you to personalize your computer by going to the Settings app. Some options from Control Panel has been moved to the Settings app just to bring all the settings under one roof.

To change your desktop font, you may follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Select Themes.
    • Under Themes, select Theme settings.
    • On the left pane, click Change desktop icons.
    To change the font size of the icons on your desktop, refer to these steps:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Click View.
    • Select the font size you prefer for your desktop icon.
    Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jul 16, 2018
  3. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Vijay B Win User

After 17692 update, desktop font not scaling

Desktop Icon Font Change

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction to fix the issue. However, I would appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down the issue in order to provide
    you with better assistance.

• Is the issue specific to some apps or web browser?
    • Are all the device drivers and Windows updates are updated?
    As per the issue description you are facing issue with fonts which get messed up.

In Windows 10, you can now set DPI (Dots per Inch) scaling to make text and other items, such as icons, fonts, and windows, to display larger or smaller for all displays or per-display.

Windows 10 DPI scaling improvements are primarily focused on:

• Optimizing the usability and readability of high-DPI displays
    • Providing a uniform experience multi-display systems
    • Empowering developers to optimize app-specific scaling based on display DPI
    If you are running a screen resolution of 1366x768 on a tablet, chances are that UI will look good at 100% DPI settings. But what about when you connect that tablet to an external high resolution display? In Windows 8 you can choose either 100% to
    optimize the UI on the tablet display or up to 150% to optimize the UI on the external display. You have to compromise.

Windows 10 takes care of this issue by supporting
    per-display DPI scaling to address. By default, Windows 8.1 will choose the optimum DPI scaling value for each display based on the value chosen for overall scaling in the control panel.

You can change Modern UI text size by following the steps provided below.

• Press Windows key
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Click on Display.
    • Now change the font size according to your choice.
    Also refer these Microsoft articles:

Get the best display on your monitor

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/make-text-screen-larger-smaller/?v=t

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Vijay B, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

After 17692 update, desktop font not scaling

1. After 17692 update, desktop font not scaling - Similar Threads - 17692 update desktop

2. How to change Desktop Fonts after latest update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Desktop Fonts after latest update?: Hopefully I can attach an image but the fonts on my desktop files, folders, etc. are smaller and have a shadow after todays update. Tried running thru the True type settings but no luck....
  3. How to change Desktop Fonts after latest update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change Desktop Fonts after latest update?: Hopefully I can attach an image but the fonts on my desktop files, folders, etc. are smaller and have a shadow after todays update. Tried running thru the True type settings but no luck....
  4. Is there any way to scale fonts and graphics down?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to scale fonts and graphics down?: In settings, I can scale fonts and graphics up, which would be handy if I lost my glasses. But is there any way to scale them down? I found an old TV lying around that I thought I'd try using as a monitor and now everything is huge, and I was thinking I could make better use...
  5. Text scaling / Blurry font

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Text scaling / Blurry font: Hey guys, I assembled a new machine and in the fresh W10 install I'm having some blurry font issues, it's weird because I had the same settings (125%) in the previous install and it didn't happen. It only seems to happen in some dialogs, always on software installers...
  6. Desktop fonts changed to gibberish after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop fonts changed to gibberish after update: Desktop fonts changed to gibberish after 2020-07 cumulatuve update - KB4562899 this morning. Its all the icons, date, and pop up when highlighting any app in task bar at bottlm. Start menu is fine. help!? [IMG]...
  7. Desktop scaling display problems.

Desktop scaling display problems.: Hello, I desperately need help with ridiculous scaling problems on my desktop. For no apparent reason my desktop icons are now stacked on top of each other and they have large highlight boxes as depicted in the screen shot. I have reverted all my scaling settings backed to...
  8. Desktop fonts

Desktop fonts: I am having trouble seeing the fonts on my desktop. Is there a way these can be changed to say, black? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-fonts/9712dee9-10b4-4f42-9440-3406416a9725
  9. Desktop font

Desktop font: How do I change font for desktop icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-font/cc2f3ce2-3a33-462c-ba26-53f483066ebd
  10. Font scaling issues are back after the recent update!

in Windows 10 Support
    Font scaling issues are back after the recent update!: If I remember correctly, the scaling issues with non-high-DPI-aware Windows applications being displayed as "blurry" were fixed in 1511 update (or around that time). My laptop has been set for 200% scaling and everything was working perfectly since 1511. The recent update...