After 1803, AV system is microstuttering every few seconds

Discus and support After 1803, AV system is microstuttering every few seconds in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I installed the 1803 update a few days ago, and as soon as it had rebooted, I found that YouTube videos would "stutter" every few seconds. For a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stevethepocket, May 24, 2018.

1. stevethepocket Win User

I installed the 1803 update a few days ago, and as soon as it had rebooted, I found that YouTube videos would "stutter" every few seconds. For a fraction of a second, everything freezes up and the audio makes a buzzing sound, like a cell phone on vibrate but lower pitched. What I think is happening is that the computer is doing the Max Headroom stutter (remember when computers did that when they tried to play videos?) but extremely fast. I've experienced that before, playing games on a computer whose video card was failing. I then attempted to play a game and listen to an MP3 in Winamp, and they both had the same issue. It's not just the audio; by smooth-scrolling a long webpage while an MP3 was playing, I've confirmed that the screen also freezes during these hiccups. It's almost as if something is stealing CPU clock cycles, but that sounds ridiculous even to me.

I know the issue is specific to Windows somehow, because this computer is a dual-boot with Linux, and I'm able to watch videos, listen to music, and play games in Linux just fine.

:)

stevethepocket, May 24, 2018
  2. RobertGibson1949 Win User

System logs out after a few seconds

No matter what Power & Sleep settings I use my computer screen goes blank after a few seconds and I have to log on every time. Is this a known problem?

RobertGibson1949, May 24, 2018
  3. Snodove4u Win User
    flashing box every few second

I have problem with a flashing box every few seconds since I installed windows 10

Snodove4u, May 24, 2018
  4. Fred Winograd New Member

I have exactly the same problem after 1803 install. I spent over an hour with Microsoft telephone support. The tech kept insisting the sound issues was because the HP system on board sound system was not supported on Win10. I pointed out I was using a USB sound device but he would not listen and wanted to close the ticket.

I think something is pulling large amounts of CPU and that the issue was NOT the sound system at all but just a visible result of the root cause. I would not close the ticket and will try going back to previous build. I will call Microsoft again to see if they can help me solve the issue.

Fred Winograd, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

1. After 1803, AV system is microstuttering every few seconds - Similar Threads - 1803 system microstuttering

2. WIN10 1803 system backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIN10 1803 system backup: After upgrade to WIN10 1803 Build 17134.165 my system backup is not longer available Remark: 1/ only the item "make a system repair disk" is shown 2/ message : system backup is not available in an environment for portable workstations (translated in dutch: dit onderdeel...
  3. windows 10 - 1803 - cannot make a system image

windows 10 - 1803 - cannot make a system image: The create system image app rejects both thumb drives and network drive - two of the MOST!!!!!!!! logical places to use for storing a system image. Just how is a person supposed to create a system image?...
  4. 1803 update crashes every few hours system service exception

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    1803 update crashes every few hours system service exception: Laptop is 5 month old. Windows 10 pro x64. Never had a problem before 1803. I was stupid enough to delete old OS, so no roll back for me......
  5. Why does Windows 10 1803 system image creation fail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Windows 10 1803 system image creation fail?: Error code 0x8078012D and the following is shown after a failed attempt to Backup to my second hard drive, s: The operation failed due to a device error encountered with either the source or the destination. If the source or destination volume is on a disk, run CHKDSK /R on...
  6. 2018-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4338819) -...

2018-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4338819) -...: The Malicious Software Removal Tool for July updated on the 1st try. The Adobe Flash Player KB4338832 updated on the 2nd try, but the KB4338819 has failed twice. Is there a problem with the update, or possibly with my PC? Dell XPS-8100 i5 CPU 8GB Ram...
  7. Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems upgrade makes reboot and wakeup take forever

Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems upgrade makes reboot and wakeup take forever: Ever since the Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems upgrade was pushed to my system, I have had nothing but issues with my laptop. Now, it is taking up to 30 minutes for me to get my computer to reboot or wake up once the lid has been closed. I am being forced to...
  8. WTF?!?! - 2018-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems...

WTF?!?! - 2018-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems...: WTF?!?! - 2018-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4284848) - Error 0x800f081f https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/wtf-2018-06-cumulative-update-for-windows-10/e8023f24-3757-46aa-ac0b-68c2bec43c89
  9. More 1803 woes - system loop on restart

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    More 1803 woes - system loop on restart: I downloaded 1803 yesterday; at the completion of the download (option to update). I shut down the PC (normally) with a view to complete the update today. There is virtually nothing on the PC apart from Chrome. Today when I boot up all I get is a loop with the date screen,...
  10. Microsoft is aware of issues with Windows 10 version 1803 and IObit Advanced System Care

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is aware of issues with Windows 10 version 1803 and IObit Advanced System Care: Microsoft recently released Windows 10 April 2018 Update and cumulative update with fixes but some users claim that the update is causing a black screen when booting up the PCs. It is worth noting that not everyone is seeing this problem but the number of systems impacted by...