After 1803 update, from cursor drag select jump bug to freeze.

Discus and support After 1803 update, from cursor drag select jump bug to freeze. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Previously had this issue: Drag selection cursor jumps down right after 1709 16922 update. After 1709 update, when trying to drag select files, cursor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by black, Jun 13, 2018.

1. black Win User

Previously had this issue:
    Drag selection cursor jumps down right after 1709 16922 update.
    After 1709 update, when trying to drag select files, cursor would jump to the screen end.

Now just updated to 1803, first thing wanted to check if this bug is fixed.
    It is fixed, I can drag select without cursor jump, but while drag select, cursor would stuck with popping sound when I try to move my mouse/cursor.
    Keyboard buttons doesn't respond as well, till I press "Start" on keyboard. 5 seconds later it would unfreeze.
    When this issue occur "Desktop window manager" usage spikes CPU at 100%
    Video for the issue:
    https://youtu.be/VfY_liPCziM

*Sigh* Microsoft...

:)

black, Jun 13, 2018
  2. MicroZo Win User

Cursor freezes and then jumps to where it should be

Ever since I connected a TV to my laptop for the first time, my cursor has been acting up. Even when I disconnect the TV, it still does it. What happens is every few seconds my cursor freezes, and then jumps to the spot it should be. This can get fairly
    annoying. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Windows 10 Home 62 bit

4 GB RAM

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz 2.09GHz

MicroZo, Jun 13, 2018
  3. MarkSeward617 Win User
    Cursor jumps around

Hi,

My cursor jumps around and is causing all kinds of typing errors in Word, Web apps (i.e., Facebook) and desktop apps (i.e., Evernote). Here's an example:

It's driving me cray ! No, I did not intentionaly mispell these words. y cursor did it for me. Mslz

Do you notice all the mis-spelled words? I typed it perfectly and Windows did the rest. Whenever I type the letter "y", my cursor jumps back a space (before the 'y'). It pushes the letter before the y to the end of my typing. Do you notice the "Mslz" at
    the end?

• The 'z' is from cra(z)y
    • The 'l' is from intentional(l)y
    • The 's' is from mis(s)pell
    • The 'M' is from (M)y

Sometimes the cursor jumps to the next line and elsewhere on the page. This example above is just one instance and it's driving me insane! Can someone please help?

MarkSeward617, Jun 13, 2018
Thema:

1. After 1803 update, from cursor drag select jump bug to freeze. - Similar Threads - 1803 update cursor

2. Windows blocking app from running

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows blocking app from running: Hi, I have been having problem w/ window 10 pro 64 bit problem every few months on my Nuc7i5. it would block me from running a downloaded app from https://pacs.garfieldmedicalcenter.com/novaweb/ Normally, this works and there is an option to let it run. but every few...
  3. services policy naming conventions in WIndows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    services policy naming conventions in WIndows 10 updates: recently I had to re-install windows 10 due to some issues I was having. After doing so, I noticed and documented several services that had a new naming convention. Specifically, the new suspicious services had names that included a series of lowercase alpha numeric...
  4. Last Thuesday's Win10 Update stops MS Wireless Display from working

in Windows 10 Support
    Last Thuesday's Win10 Update stops MS Wireless Display from working: I used last Saturday my MS Wireless Display Adaptor watching a movie on my TV stored on my PC. On Wednesday morning my PC automatically updated with KB 4343909, and since then Miracast/MS Wireless Display Adapter no longer worked, even though I have seen the following on my...
  5. Windows 10 restarts after being idle for more than 5 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 restarts after being idle for more than 5 minutes: This issue started to happen this afternoon. My power setting had always been high performance, 5 mins before display off and never go to sleep. And starting this afternoon, everytime my computer is idle for 5 mins and the display turns off, the computer restarts itself....
  6. print from phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    print from phone: How can I print the .LQM files from my LG phone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/print-from-phone/33da2194-f03c-470b-a3a6-27452b01468b
  7. Windows update 1803 took 3 hours , is it normal ? :)

Windows update 1803 took 3 hours , is it normal ? :): Hey guys , i recently cleaned the download folder ( which is located in the software distribution folder ) , because i was always getting an error when i was trying to do this update 1803 , now i cleaned this folder and the update took 3-4 hours to finish downloading . Is...
  8. SCRIPT errors after Java update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SCRIPT errors after Java update: I recently did a Java update, now I'm getting SCRIPT errors, CSP errors HTTP errors. I'm running Windows 10, most recent, all updated. I need HELP!!! I dont have a clue how to fix this....
  9. Error: 0x800f0922 Windows 10 for Cummulative Update to August 14, 2018—KB4343909 (OS Build...

Error: 0x800f0922 Windows 10 for Cummulative Update to August 14, 2018—KB4343909 (OS Build...: HELP ME!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/error-0x800f0922-windows-10-for-cummulative-update/486459e3-6c33-40a4-ba16-b8bf66e0055b
  10. Intel Wireless Bluetooth Driver Error 10 Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intel Wireless Bluetooth Driver Error 10 Windows update: I just bought this Desktop in July 2018 and everything works perfectly till 8/14/18 I did a Windows update, next day when I using my PC I start to realized my Bluetooth is not on, I try to turn it on but the button was missing and then I look more into it and figure out my...