Windows 10: After 1803 update, from cursor drag select jump bug to freeze.

Discus and support After 1803 update, from cursor drag select jump bug to freeze. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Previously had this issue: Drag selection cursor jumps down right after 1709 16922 update. After 1709 update, when trying to drag select files, cursor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by black, Jun 13, 2018.

1. black Win User

After 1803 update, from cursor drag select jump bug to freeze.

Previously had this issue:
    Drag selection cursor jumps down right after 1709 16922 update.
    After 1709 update, when trying to drag select files, cursor would jump to the screen end.

Now just updated to 1803, first thing wanted to check if this bug is fixed.
    It is fixed, I can drag select without cursor jump, but while drag select, cursor would stuck with popping sound when I try to move my mouse/cursor.
    Keyboard buttons doesn't respond as well, till I press "Start" on keyboard. 5 seconds later it would unfreeze.
    When this issue occur "Desktop window manager" usage spikes CPU at 100%
    Video for the issue:
    https://youtu.be/VfY_liPCziM

*Sigh* Microsoft...

:)

black, Jun 13, 2018
  2. MicroZo Win User

Cursor freezes and then jumps to where it should be

Ever since I connected a TV to my laptop for the first time, my cursor has been acting up. Even when I disconnect the TV, it still does it. What happens is every few seconds my cursor freezes, and then jumps to the spot it should be. This can get fairly
    annoying. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Windows 10 Home 62 bit

4 GB RAM

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz 2.09GHz

MicroZo, Jun 13, 2018
  3. Cursor jumps around

Hi,

My cursor jumps around and is causing all kinds of typing errors in Word, Web apps (i.e., Facebook) and desktop apps (i.e., Evernote). Here's an example:

It's driving me cray ! No, I did not intentionaly mispell these words. y cursor did it for me. Mslz

Do you notice all the mis-spelled words? I typed it perfectly and Windows did the rest. Whenever I type the letter "y", my cursor jumps back a space (before the 'y'). It pushes the letter before the y to the end of my typing. Do you notice the "Mslz" at
    the end?

• The 'z' is from cra(z)y
    • The 'l' is from intentional(l)y
    • The 's' is from mis(s)pell
    • The 'M' is from (M)y

Sometimes the cursor jumps to the next line and elsewhere on the page. This example above is just one instance and it's driving me insane! Can someone please help?

MarkSeward617, Jun 13, 2018
Thema:

After 1803 update, from cursor drag select jump bug to freeze.

1. After 1803 update, from cursor drag select jump bug to freeze. - Similar Threads - 1803 update cursor

2. Jump back to top and cursor freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jump back to top and cursor freezing: When i open a file in laptop or even anything in google chrome or any browser and scroll down after few seconds it jumps back to the top of the page automatically plus the cursor also freezes. Once i press scroll down/Scroll up button from the keyboard cursor works back to...
  3. Jump back to top and cursor freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jump back to top and cursor freezing: When i open a file in laptop or even anything in google chrome or any browser and scroll down after few seconds it jumps back to the top of the page automatically plus the cursor also freezes. Once i press scroll down/Scroll up button from the keyboard cursor works back to...
  4. Jump back to top and cursor freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. cursor jump

cursor jump: I use Windows 10. I have an HP notebook with touchscreen and Bang & Olufsen Keyboard with keypad. My cursor often jumps when I am typing. I try to type Microsoft Community and sometimes I will get something like MicrosCommuoft unity. That is the worst part. Next worst...
  6. Cursor freezes and/or jumps around erratically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor freezes and/or jumps around erratically: Ever since I downloaded the most recent Microsoft upgrade in Sept or Oct 2019, my cursor using my touchpad freezes all the time and/or jumps around closing tabs and opening tabs. I have tried every "fix" suggestion online that I could find but nothing has helped. Please...
  7. Cursor Jumping around after an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cursor Jumping around after an update: After an update on my Surface Pro 4 Windows 10 device my cursor is jumping around. Has anyone experienced this and got a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-jumping-around-after-an-update/0e3a0a11-8583-40e8-9918-a8ce6cd96fc2
  8. Cursor jumps

Cursor jumps: Hi, My cursor jumps to the top of the screen, taking me out of windows etc. Four Microsoft people have remotely tried to fix it and no success. Any ideas? Thank you!...
  9. Jumping cursor

Jumping cursor: Why does my cursor keeping jumping, sometimes my text gets highlighted then deletes. This happens in all programs that have text writing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/jumping-cursor/17c969aa-8caf-4ef7-99de-7b2740648855
  10. Drag selection cursor jumps down right after 1709 16922 update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag selection cursor jumps down right after 1709 16922 update.: After the latest update. When I try to drag select files in a folder that has scroll bar, as soon as I click Ctrl + cursor drag. My mouse jumps instantly to the down right corner of the screen, selecting everything in the folder. If you didn't understand what I mean and...