Windows 10: After 1803 version feature update ALL my desktop icons have disappeared 2018 October

Discus and support After 1803 version feature update ALL my desktop icons have disappeared 2018 October in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After the latest windows feature update on my Toshiba laptop ALL of my desktop icons have gone and Firefox wont work. I am so pissed off. Something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RolyTK, Oct 29, 2018.

1. RolyTK Win User

After 1803 version feature update ALL my desktop icons have disappeared 2018 October

After the latest windows feature update on my Toshiba laptop ALL of my desktop icons have gone and Firefox wont work.

I am so pissed off. Something goes wrong with Microsoft Updates almost every week.

***Windows 10 / Windows Update, recovery & backup***

:)

RolyTK, Oct 29, 2018

2. Windows Update does it again: Disappearing Desktop Icons

Hello

After I updated a ton of security updates with care to only update the certain critical ones no anything else.

The hardcoded icons have disappeared during reboot, those icons that you drag out of start menu and it automatically creates it, and the network icon that you right-click in the start menu and select "show on desktop"

But there was also a freeze during the update process, when rebooted it re-do the stuff that it does at boot so i think it was fine , but the icon thing happend, it always has to be something.

I so hate the windows update, I haven't updated for half a year and now i did a manual careful update and I think i will never do it again for win7 EVER on this PC.

Icons keep disappearing after a certain period of days while several sessions passed. Let's say every 5 days or a week, 3 times now. I want to have my system stuff out like Control panel, add remove programs, all the sys stuff.

EDIT: Exact icons are "network" "sound" and "programs and features"

Found something it can be certain settings for icon cleanup

http://social.technet.microsoft.com.../thread/ada5d392-2af7-43c3-9191-08baf63f0098/

Stupid updates messing with my settings*Mad After 1803 version feature update ALL my desktop icons have disappeared 2018 October :mad:

RuskiSnajper, Oct 29, 2018
  3. Clipboard history feature in Windows 10 October 2018 update missing (not listed/show/appear) in Settings > System

Thanks Greg. Now I understand that the feature isn't available in standard updates yet.

My hope were raised by this article:

Clipboard History In Windows 10 October 2018 Update

Clipboard History In Windows 10 October 2018 Update (Windows 10 Version 1809) – Cloudeight InfoAve

However, upon checking I see that my Win 10 update is version 1803, and the author of article has version 1809.

CrazyChester1, Oct 29, 2018
  4. After 1803 version feature update ALL my desktop icons have disappeared 2018 October

Desktop Icons disappeared

Hi Kinsley,

• Are you referring to the desktop icons?
    • When did the icons disappear? Did you make any changes to the system Settings?

It's possible that your device is in Tablet mode. I suggest you to turn it off and check if the icons appear. To do so, select the
    Action center icon on the taskbar (the little message box next to the date and time), and then select
    Tablet mode to turn it on or off.

Also refer the following thread which discusses about a similar issue.

Windows 10 - Desktop icons disappeared - I may have hit something that is causing my problem

Hope this helps. Keep us updated with the status of the issue to continue assisting you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

After 1803 version feature update ALL my desktop icons have disappeared 2018 October

1. After 1803 version feature update ALL my desktop icons have disappeared 2018 October - Similar Threads - 1803 version feature

2. All desktop icons disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All desktop icons disappeared: Hi, After latest Windows 10 update, at first, I realized my desktop icons are being backed up to OneDrive. Then in a few days they, after I am not sure what action, they were all gone from the screen. All I can see now is one icon at the top of the screen, permanently...
  3. All desktop icons missing after feature update to W10, version 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    All desktop icons missing after feature update to W10, version 2004: The computer is a Surface, but I don't know which model. It belongs to a friend. It's the obvious obvious question, how to I recover the icons?...
  4. windows feature update October 2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows feature update October 2018: the windows feature update October 2018 thread is already closed but I got this update yesterday - e.g. in April 2019 - OK running cleaning program after this update 8707 fragments 540 registry entries 458 MB junk files nobody takes care about clearing after the work is...
  5. Icons on the desktop disappeared after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icons on the desktop disappeared after update: My Laptop got updated a couple of months ago and all the icons that were on the desktop went missing. There are still available under the desktop folder though. I am not able to bring them back to the desktop screen....
  6. Feature Update To 1803 Version

Feature Update To 1803 Version: Hi! I am Windows 10 Pro Education user and my current version is 1607.I can`t update to 1803 although update assistant download the latest version but it can`t istall After a restart windows shows that "WORKING ON UPDATES" but when it completed then it shows that "RESTORING...
  7. After 1803 version feature update ALL my desktop icons have disappeared 2018 October

After 1803 version feature update ALL my desktop icons have disappeared 2018 October: After the latest windows feature update on my Toshiba laptop ALL of my desktop icons have gone and Firefox wont work. I am so pissed off. Something goes wrong with Microsoft Updates almost every week....
  8. After 1803 version update ALL my desktop icons have disappeared 2018 October

After 1803 version update ALL my desktop icons have disappeared 2018 October: After the latest windows feature update on my Toshiba laptop ALL of my desktop icons have gone and Firefox wont work. I am so pissed off. Something goes wrong with Microsoft Updates almost every week....
  9. My Desktop Icon Labels are missing after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update,...

My Desktop Icon Labels are missing after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update,...: I notice, the text below icons are missing after upgrading to Windows 10 1809. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/my-desktop-icon-labels-are-missing-after-upgrading/f0c806a9-488e-4fad-b938-45c96ae59ce6
  10. Feature Update To 1803 Version

Feature Update To 1803 Version: Hi! I am Windows 10 Pro Education user and my current version is 1607.I can`t update to 1803 although update assistant download the latest version but it can`t istall After a restart windows shows that "WORKING ON UPDATES" but when it completed then it shows that "RESTORING...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. all apps including on off feature disappeared from my laptop 2018

2. applications missing icons after windows updated to 1803