Windows 10: After 1809 update BSOD

Discus and support After 1809 update BSOD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After updating my win 10 to 1809 - BSOD. Tried clean installation same result. And now I can`t back to old build. How I'm tired of these nasty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VanRaf, Dec 5, 2018.

1. VanRaf Win User

After 1809 update BSOD

After updating my win 10 to 1809 - BSOD. Tried clean installation same result. And now I can`t back to old build. How I'm tired of these nasty surprises from microsoft...

:)

VanRaf, Dec 5, 2018
  2. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    After 1809 update BSOD [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Dec 5, 2018
  3. greenbug Win User
    1809 bsod +

At first bsod while playing a game, didn't look at the error file.. loaded windows mouse and keyboard were not working. Restarted again. Got in to windows fine clicked on settings looked at updates, no new updates. Looked at my phone, not doing anything
    on my computer and bsod... this time had only a second to look at error file (nvl something) before my computer turned off. !!! Restarted frozen windows loading screen. Restarted and the computer and windows gave me prompt to fix/restart.. I couldn't rollback
    to previous windows version so I did a reset.

Fyi, this isn't the first bsod I've experienced with 1809. Last few weeks I have had two others one associated with my graphics card driver as soon as I installed 1809. The second while trying to get that fixed.

I've had windows sense 1989 windows 3.1... I've never experienced as many blue screens with any other version or update. I am a bit disappointed in Microsoft.

greenbug, Dec 5, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

After 1809 update BSOD

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond After 1809 update BSOD :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

After 1809 update BSOD

1. After 1809 update BSOD - Similar Threads - 1809 update BSOD

2. Constant BSOD - Before and after updating from 1809 to 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSOD - Before and after updating from 1809 to 1903: Hello, I have been getting constant BSOD's on a fairly important machine. We use it for Editing and post production. The symptoms are like this: The system works fine for a day, then throughout using it will start to get slow (takes longer to open files, or even explorer...
  3. BSOD when updating Nvidia after Updating Win10 1809

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD when updating Nvidia after Updating Win10 1809: Hello there, my previous thread wasn't gained any answers so I'm here again. I am currently a LENOVO THINKPAD t440p user. I updated my laptop to win10 1809 then after the update, the Nvidia Cpanel was lost and there's an error at Cpanel showing nvidia Display Settings are...
  4. BSOD when updating Nvidia after windows 10 1809 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD when updating Nvidia after windows 10 1809 update: this happened after the update. the nvidia control panel was lost and then when updating the nvidia driver, it always BSOD and showing the page fault etc. I've tried all the steps on Youtube and in the MS community. Nothing works even the changing in Virtual memory. Hope...
  5. After update 1809

After update 1809: Hi From time to time I get BSOD with the text: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ☹ Your PC ran into as problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info, and then we’ll restart for you XX complete...
  6. BSOD after downloading January 2019 updates 1809

BSOD after downloading January 2019 updates 1809: Has anyone else had their PC utterly killed by the latest updates? And Microsoft doesn't seem to be able to fix it. I'm a freelancer and every day without my computer is lost money and disappointed or angry clients. I can't afford to keep mucking around with "customer...
  7. BSOD after downloading January 2019 updates 1809

BSOD after downloading January 2019 updates 1809: Has anyone else had their PC utterly killed by the latest updates? And Microsoft doesn't seem to be able to fix it. I'm a freelancer and every day without my computer is lost money and disappointed or angry clients. I can't afford to keep mucking around with "customer...
  8. After 1809 update BSOD

After 1809 update BSOD: After updating my win 10 to 1809 - BSOD. Tried clean installation same result. And now I can`t back to old build. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-1809-update-bsod/68ddc64a-fcb4-494a-8f52-93a8d35d0735
  9. Random BSOD After October update 1809

Random BSOD After October update 1809: Hello I have a dell Inspiron 15 3567 running windows 10 1709 with last updates, i did an upgrade the last few days to 1809 October update, But since the upgrade i had a random BSOD all with the same msg «PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA ", Note that all my drivers are update....
  10. BSOD bad_pool_header after update 1809

BSOD bad_pool_header after update 1809: Hello, after update windows 1809 and cleanup older version of W10 /windows.old/, today it was 4x BSOD.NTB-BLAZEK-10_12_2018_134648,87.zip 123208