Windows 10: after 1809 update i can't adjust windows 10 brightness after waking up

Discus and support after 1809 update i can't adjust windows 10 brightness after waking up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; after last update when my laptop wakes up screen is dim and i can't change it till i restart pc and even after i restart my laptop it comes with dim... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sinfulslave, Oct 12, 2018.

1. after 1809 update i can't adjust windows 10 brightness after waking up

after last update when my laptop wakes up screen is dim and i can't change it till i restart pc

and even after i restart my laptop it comes with dim screen also and i should after that edit it

when shall microsoft fix this bug

:)

sinfulslave, Oct 12, 2018

2. Brightness can not be adjusted.

Hi Sirajudeen,

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Adjust brightness settings in Windows 10

Hi Vicky,

I understand that you want to adjust the brightness of the computer. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. From where exactly are you trying to adjust the brightness?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Settings in the Search bar and then Enter.
    • Click on the System and then Notifications and Actions which is available on the Left pane.
    • Click on Add or Remove quick Actions.
    • In the make sure that the Brightness is ON.
    • Then click on the Action Center and adjust the Brightness according to your preference.
    Hope this helps. Please get back to us with more information if the issue persists, or if you have any queries related to Windows. We are here to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Oct 12, 2018
  4. after 1809 update i can't adjust windows 10 brightness after waking up

laptop won't sleep can't adjust brightness

Hi,

As you are unable to get the option for sleep in the Start menu, I suggest you to follow the steps provided by
    John T in the link provided below and check:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...leep-and/a55ebbea-6952-4225-aab5-55977234387f

Also, follow the steps provided below and check if you are able to adjust the brightness.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

after 1809 update i can't adjust windows 10 brightness after waking up

1. after 1809 update i can't adjust windows 10 brightness after waking up - Similar Threads - 1809 update can't

2. Auto brightness doesn't adjust after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto brightness doesn't adjust after waking up from sleep: I have a laptop Asus Vivobook K6602V that has an auto brightness feature. When the ambient light changes while the laptop is awake, the auto brightness works relatively fine I wish it was more responsive. But when waking up from sleep, the brightness is set to whatever it was...
  3. Auto brightness doesn't adjust after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto brightness doesn't adjust after waking up from sleep: I have a laptop Asus Vivobook K6602V that has an auto brightness feature. When the ambient light changes while the laptop is awake, the auto brightness works relatively fine I wish it was more responsive. But when waking up from sleep, the brightness is set to whatever it was...
  4. I CAN'T ADJUST BRIGHTNESS AFTER UPDATING DRIVERS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I CAN'T ADJUST BRIGHTNESS AFTER UPDATING DRIVERS: I CAN'T ADJUST BRIGHTNESS AFTER UPDATING DRIVERS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-adjust-brightness-after-updating-drivers/ce0e709b-4580-462e-89bf-316ea1a892cc
  5. Windows doesn't turn on after sleep and I can't adjust brightness

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows doesn't turn on after sleep and I can't adjust brightness: After I updated my Windows 10, these 2 problems started on my laptop. When it goes to sleep after a while or when I press sleep button, it doesn't turn on again. I need to hold the power button to turn off my computer and turn on again. And second problem is I can't adjust...
  6. Windows doesn't turn on after sleep and I can't adjust brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows doesn't turn on after sleep and I can't adjust brightness: After I updated my Windows 10, these 2 problems started on my laptop. When it goes to sleep after a while or when I press sleep button, it doesn't turn on again. I need to hold the power button to turn off my computer and turn on again. And second problem is I can't adjust...
  7. windows10(1809 update) not adjusting a screen brightness after updating.

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows10(1809 update) not adjusting a screen brightness after updating.: windows10(1809 update) not adjusting a screen brightness after updating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows101809-update-not-adjusting-a-screen/c01cc4b0-8a27-4b25-9329-c7c25aac7e6a
  8. Windows Brightness issue after the 1809 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Brightness issue after the 1809 update: hello , Yesterday I installed the 1809 update , and today i noticed that each time i restart my laptop the brightness level is being reset automatically to 0% or 25-50 i'm not really sure , and after windows will boot up , i will need to manually adjust the screen brightness...
  9. Can't adjust screen brightness after the update

Can't adjust screen brightness after the update: I'm using a Lenovo Yoga 730-15" right now and I'm having problem to adjust my screen brightness after the update last night. Can someone help me solve this problem....
  10. Screen brightness not adjusted after recent update

Screen brightness not adjusted after recent update: Dear Team, After recent update of windows 10, my screen brightness will not adjust, it cannot be changed from low....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change windows 10 display brightness 1809

2. i cant adjust brightness in windows 10

3. windows 10 cant adjust screen brightness after sleep

4. cant change brightness after sleep,
  5. brightness adjustment windows 10 version 1809,
  6. can t change screen brightness 1809,
  7. change windows 10 display brightness after 1903 update,
  8. win 10 1809 cannot adjust brightness,
  9. change windows 10 display 1809,
  10. cant adjust brightness windows 10 after it goes to sleep,
  11. unable to change brightness after wake up from sleep,
  12. even after 1903 update i still have NO screen brightness adjustments,
  13. change brightness on windows 10 1809,
  14. brightness windows 10 1809,
  15. brightness settings not working windows 10 after waking up from sleep acer swift 3