Windows 10: After 1809 upgrade unable to run Skype or Microsoft Store

Discus and support After 1809 upgrade unable to run Skype or Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [img] [img] I've not been able to find any mention of this problem with 1809 yet. I had no problem running the update. Tried turning firewall off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bbinnard, Oct 3, 2018.

1. bbinnard Win User

After 1809 upgrade unable to run Skype or Microsoft Store

After 1809 upgrade unable to run Skype or Microsoft Store [​IMG]

After 1809 upgrade unable to run Skype or Microsoft Store [​IMG]

I've not been able to find any mention of this problem with 1809 yet. I had no problem running the update. Tried turning firewall off - no help. Tried re-registering Store - no help. Needless to say my internet connection is fine. I also verified that both SKype and Windows Store are in the list of apps allowed through the Defender firewall.

:)

bbinnard, Oct 3, 2018

2. Skype not downloading from windows 10 store

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please provide us with additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What is the exact error code that you receive while trying to download Skype from Windows Store?
    • Is this issue confined only to Skype app?
    • Were you able to access any other apps from Windows Store?

As this could be an issue Store, I suggest you to run Windows Store troubleshooter and check if it helps:

Method 1: As an initial step, I would suggest you to follow the below steps and see if the issue can be resolved.

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the
      Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Windows store Apps.

• Follow the on screen instruction.

Method 2: Clear the Store cache

You may try these steps to clear the Store cache and check if it helps:

• Press the "Windows + R" keys on the keyboard.
    • Type "wsreset.exe" and press "Enter".
    • Reboot the computer and then check the issues with the App.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    unable to run window store and update

Sorry for the late response. If the above steps did not work, let's try another troubleshooting step. You can try the suggestion by Linley Meslier above and see if it will resolve the issue. If not, try resetting Windows Store cache. Follow the steps below:

• Click on Cortana.
    • Type WSreset.exe, then click it.
    • The Store app and a command prompt will open without any messages and it will automatically close when the process is done.
    • Restart the computer.

After doing the steps, try running Windows Store again and see if you can do an update.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Oct 3, 2018
  4. After 1809 upgrade unable to run Skype or Microsoft Store

Skype Microphone echo only on 1 Win Pc

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the troubleshooting steps that you have tried to resolve the issue?

As the issue persists with the Skype app, I suggest you to try the below if not yet tried and check if it helps:

• Try to log-in to Skype using different account on the same computer, access the microphone and check if the issue persists.
    • Try to log-in to Skype account on different computer using this account, access the microphone and check.

Also try the below if the issue still persists.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Windows app troubleshooter to check if the issue persists.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

If issue still persists,

Step 2: Uninstall and re-install Skype from Windows Store.

You can also uninstall Skype app from the Control Panel:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Programs and Features.

• Right click on Skype
      and select uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions.

Steps to Install Skype app:
    Log-in with administrator account, open
    Windows Store, search for Skype app and download latest version.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

After 1809 upgrade unable to run Skype or Microsoft Store

1. After 1809 upgrade unable to run Skype or Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - 1809 upgrade unable

2. Unable to upgrade to Pro from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to upgrade to Pro from Microsoft Store: I have this ACER Nitro 5 with OEM WIndows 10 Home and have been upgraded to Windows 10 Pro months ago from MS Store. A few weeks back I'm reinstalled my laptop with clean installation and it reactivated as Windows 10 Home. Now when I tried to upgrade to Windows 10 again from...
  3. Unable to start Microsoft Store, Skype, Xbox and some other

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to start Microsoft Store, Skype, Xbox and some other: Microsoft Store doesn’t want to start. When I click to launch it, it keeps loading. The same problem with other services. I tried resetting Store cache, then I disabled antivirus. What other methods can you suggest?...
  4. Skype/ Microsoft Store not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Skype/ Microsoft Store not working: Hello, Since the windows 10 update all of my drivers and my apps have been deleted. I tried downloading Skype to my cpu once it downloaded, I tried opening the app and I keep getting an error " unable to connect please check your internet connection...." I tried to...
  5. Unable to upgrade to win10 Version 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to upgrade to win10 Version 1809: Hello , recently I upgraded my windows software from 1803 to 1809 but the the problem is that on lock screen once it finishes installation and prompts me to enter the password , it for ever stucks on looping at welcome screen no matter how many times i restarted the device....
  6. Unable to run 3rd party Software after upgrade the windows 10 version to 1809 (Peachtree)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to run 3rd party Software after upgrade the windows 10 version to 1809 (Peachtree): Hi, Recently I have Upgraded my windows 10 OS from 1709 to 1809, After that it required admin privilege for my accounting software(Peachtree). Because of that non admin users are unable to use this software. i need to fix this without using 3rd party software. Can I fix...
  7. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 1809

Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 1809: Split from this thread. I have the exact same issue. It gets to 15% and restarts, then starts with "undoing changes", then boots normally into 1803. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-upgrade-to-windows-10-1809/9a504d80-d7b8-4fef-8838-0c92325f23a1
  8. Unable to upgrade windows to 1809 from 1803

Unable to upgrade windows to 1809 from 1803: Hi there, I am attempting to upgrade to the newest version of windows ( 1809 ) since it is important to my work. I have attempted using the update assistant but it says there is no available update. My system is currently running windows 10 pro Version 10.0.17134 Build...
  9. post 1809 upgrade - egde and skype not internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    post 1809 upgrade - egde and skype not internet connection: Win 10 Pro x64 1809 17763.1 After the upgrade from 1803 to 1809 neither egde nor skype are connecting to the internet. No such issues with any other application. Running edge in a Application Guard window it does connect to the internet however. Which is all very...
  10. After 1809 upgrade unable to run Skype or Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After 1809 upgrade unable to run Skype or Microsoft Store: [img] [img] I've not been able to find any mention of this problem with 1809 yet. I had no problem running the update. Tried turning firewall off - no help. Tried re-registering Store - no help. Needless to say my internet connection is fine. I also verified that both...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1809 cant logon to skype

2. no skype after win10 1809 update

3. Windows 1809 latest skype

4. windows 10 1809 can open skype,
  5. windows 1809 skpye problems with firewall and network protection,
  6. 1809 unable to open store,
  7. windows 10 update 1809 skype error,
  8. unable to upgrade to 1809