Windows 10: After 2 days, finally upgraded to windows 10 pro!

Discus and support After 2 days, finally upgraded to windows 10 pro! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was finally able to upgrade from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro after loading the default bios settings. The fail codes I had included, 80240020,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mwilliamsuscg, Aug 1, 2015.

1. After 2 days, finally upgraded to windows 10 pro!

I was finally able to upgrade from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro after loading the default bios settings. The fail codes I had included, 80240020, 0x80246017, C1900101, and 80246010. I have a homebuilt Intel 980x with an EVGA X58 LE motherboard with 16GB of RAM. Once I loaded the default BIOS settings, the Windows upgrade proceeded to full installation. After ensuring everything was setup correctly, I rebooted and reloaded my saved bios profile. Windows 10 would not boot after restoring my saved bios. However, once I turned off the Virtualization Technology setting in the bios, Windows 10 is now up and running again. I hope this helps some of you. *Smile

:)

mwilliamsuscg, Aug 1, 2015

2. After 2+ days of troubleshooting, was finally able to successfully upgrade to Windows 10 Creator Version 1709

After 2 days, finally upgraded to windows 10 pro! :)

You got it, Frank. Plus I may have found a good complement to your fine detective work. Please bear with me here.

To begin, a nice part of using the MCT/ISO Windows Setup versus the internal
    Windows Updater is you see Installing Windows full status with specific progress details rather than mere overall completion. Following are the
    Setup steps and status process.

• Copying Windows files
    • Getting files ready for installation
    • Installing features
    • Installing updates (1%)
    • Finishing up

When my clean install reached "Installing updates" it rushed by so quickly you could have, almost literally, "missed it if you blinked." From the beginning of your post I worried what the various installation iterations would do when no Internet connection
    was found. I should have realized neither the Updater or the executables have the capacity for a, "Hey, turn on the
    #$@&%*! Wi-Fi!" pop-up. Confirmation came when I was surprised by a short update not long after
    1709 completed.

So, looking back at the status steps "Installing updates" likely ends at the Updater's 80% mark. And that's our invariable doomsday freeze. Conversely, "Installing updates" likely begins at the
    Updater's 75%, another universal freeze point. I believe as the Updater and the executables when not in clean install seek Internet access for "Installing updates" the
    Ralink goes from unstable to fatal. Perhaps updates installation is where your disabled LAN card reactivated.
    Microsoft's suggestion to turn off Wi-Fi becomes pointless when a script activates a problem LAN or WAN.

Or perhaps your LAN was reactivated during "Getting files ready for installation." That just so happens to
    line up with our universal freeze at 30%. However, I've no conjecture for why my own disabled card smoothly passed 30% with first the Updater and subsequently an MCT/ISO clean install. As I've noted there were no freezes --
    none -- for the ISO.

So with our dilemma likely resolved, I notice many reported failures -- perhaps a majority -- occur at
    identical or similar progress points. That hints at additional LAN or WAN culprits. Plus
    I now firmly believe those unable to install Windows 10 despite trying every
    Microsoft suggestion are overwhelmingly card/driver cases. And while the company does emphasize updating drivers, in my case the
    Ralink has the latest. Which leaves the potential benefits from aligning failure points to
    Windows Setup's five steps. Though I concede the steps are quite cryptic. "Installing updates" may be the lone exception.

William JBartman 2, Aug 1, 2015
  3. After 2+ days of troubleshooting, was finally able to successfully upgrade to Windows 10 Creator Version 1709

After 2 days, finally upgraded to windows 10 pro! :)

Thanks for the detailed description, Bill.

Glad you got things running.

Best!

Frank

PendragonZH, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

After 2 days, finally upgraded to windows 10 pro!

1. After 2 days, finally upgraded to windows 10 pro! - Similar Threads - days finally upgraded

2. Windows is crashing and restarting 2+ times a day after Windows 11 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is crashing and restarting 2+ times a day after Windows 11 upgrade.: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500, 0xfffff80151505330. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: c94e93fd-36a7-417d-b424-b13ffe2e0061.Where do I start looking for a...
  3. Windows is crashing and restarting 2+ times a day after Windows 11 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is crashing and restarting 2+ times a day after Windows 11 upgrade.: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500, 0xfffff80151505330. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: c94e93fd-36a7-417d-b424-b13ffe2e0061.Where do I start looking for a...
  4. windows upgrade from 7 pro to windows 10. cannot complete the installation at the final...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows upgrade from 7 pro to windows 10. cannot complete the installation at the final...: I was doing the upgrade of my laptop from windows 7 pro to windows 10. I completed the necessary procedures and reached the last part of the installation procedure. After 73% of progress, this error pops up. I cannot complete the installation of windows 10. During the final...
  5. windows upgrade from 7 pro to windows 10. cannot complete the installation at the final...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows upgrade from 7 pro to windows 10. cannot complete the installation at the final...: I was doing the upgrade of my laptop from windows 7 pro to windows 10. I completed the necessary procedures and reached the last part of the installation procedure. After 73% of progress, this error pops up. I cannot complete the installation of windows 10. During the final...
  6. Upgrading to windows 10 - Finally...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading to windows 10 - Finally...: So I've just found a genuine copy of windows vista ultimate that I purchased for a full price back in the day (I know, I know..... I was one those people). I was just wondering if there is some way for me to use that copy to get myself a genuine copy of windows 10 pro? Do I...
  7. Will Final Draft 11 require an upgrade to PRO?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will Final Draft 11 require an upgrade to PRO?: Hi guys! I'm crazy old school and am looking to replace my beloved Sony Vaio with a Surface Laptop. A Best Buy employee has me all kinds of confused about Windows 10 S. Can anyone tell me if I'll need to upgrade to PRO in order to download Final Draft 11 and Scrivener...
  8. After Windows 10 upgrade, Laptop crashes 2-3x per day

in Windows 10 Support
    After Windows 10 upgrade, Laptop crashes 2-3x per day: Hello, I have two laptops. On one of them, the Windows 10 upgrade was successful. On the other, an ASUS with 8BG RAM, although Windows 10 installed successfully, the laptop "blue screens" at least twice a day since the upgrade. When I see the blue screen - it references...
  9. Finally made the Windows 10 upgrade, now screen is shutting off 2 min

in Windows 10 Support
    Finally made the Windows 10 upgrade, now screen is shutting off 2 min: So, I found the rest of the forum information (Where you regedit and set it to change settings that aren't available.. ) and put that to 45 mins. However, it still wont listen. Any ideas? edit: here's the problem: Power Options - Add Turns out there's a hidden...
  10. My Fifth and Final Attempt to Upgrade Windows 7 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Fifth and Final Attempt to Upgrade Windows 7 Pro: Let me tell you what I did this morning. 1. I removed every program that can possibly interfere with Windows 10 Upgrade. 2. I restored all services to default. 3. I turn on the UAC 4. I updated Defender 5. I removed Avast as instructed. 6 I went to the default Aero...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo ltd. - firmware - 8/3/2018 12:00:00 am - 1.0.0.14 - error 0x80246017