Windows 10: After 20h2 update, no 365 day deferral option

Discus and support After 20h2 update, no 365 day deferral option in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I can pause updates, but 365 day option isn't there. Is there any other way to control an involuntary update? 178453 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by kitpzyxmsir, May 4, 2021.

1. After 20h2 update, no 365 day deferral option

I can pause updates, but 365 day option isn't there. Is there any other way to control an involuntary update?

:)

kitpzyxmsir, May 4, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

After 20h2 update, no 365 day deferral option

Thank you for your reply.

You may find Policy Plus (free, Google) easier. It's like the Group Policy editor, but has a find feature.

After 20h2 update, no 365 day deferral option [​IMG]

Here I searched for 365 - there's the deferral policy.

I believe others have told you. Bottom option, then they are in the Windows Update section.

dalchina, May 4, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User

Removal of deferral in Settings: a simple search offers this article: see:
    Microsoft removed the defer feature update setting in Windows 10

You have Win 10 Pro, therefore you can use the Group Policy Editor.

This next is a very handy policy, which ensures you are notified of a pending update, and nothing is downloaded until you say so.

This second lets you hang back, and check for comments here e.g. in the News section where there is a thread per update per build.

dalchina, May 4, 2021
  4. After 20h2 update, no 365 day deferral option

Hello Matthew,

I don't want to disable WU. I'm trying to follow the typical practice of giving new Windows releases time to sort out the bugs, before upgrading, as in 21H1. Before, I could employ the deferral, and still get the security updates.

Are we saying there is no way to do this any longer, or there is, perhaps in the form of the WU page offering us an option of manually activating a release upgrade?

edit: I just went to my WU settings and I'm seeing this

So, my questions are, do we know this quality update is stable, and in the future will I be given this choice for new releases?

kitpzyxmsir, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. After 20h2 update, no 365 day deferral option - Similar Threads - 20h2 update 365

2. last day update 21h1 20h2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    last day update 21h1 20h2: last day update 21h1 version my pc get hang and showing blue screen of death what i do now suggest something. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/last-day-update-21h1-20h2/58a9a1ce-b75d-47b1-8c3c-dcef4c3d08ee
  3. power options stopped working after Win10 feature update 20H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    power options stopped working after Win10 feature update 20H2: System fails to sleep according to settings following recent Win10 feature update 20H2. It worked properly before that. I followed earlier threads on this topic and ran Cmd prompt powercfg -requests and this shows up: EXECUTION: [PROCESS]...
  4. An Optional Update in 20H2 x64...

An Optional Update in 20H2 x64...: KB4598291 If one looks closely at this KB, relevance comes to mind. If there seems to be none to a User... might just pass. Reminder: It is optional. Here are the highlights. Do they relate to you? They didn't in my case ergo, I will pass. "Don't fix what's not broken"...
  5. Day of the Week suddenly appeared, with no option to remove it? (20H2 19042.630)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Day of the Week suddenly appeared, with no option to remove it? (20H2 19042.630): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/furryTay [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ka66yk/day_of_the_week_suddenly_appeared_with_no_option/
  6. Why is the Windows Update Deferral Settings page missing?

Why is the Windows Update Deferral Settings page missing?: 1909-64 Up-to-date .... I installed the Nov CU KB4586786 on 11/10 & don't recall if I looked at the Settings/Update & Security section B4 today. The site only Opens first to Delivery Optimization or then any selected link on left sideBUT shows nothing of the usual page with...
  7. Pause for 7 days update option

Pause for 7 days update option: How do I disable the scheduled update option. I do not require a pause. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pause-for-7-days-update-option/b6c5222c-d483-45e0-af21-8a911e377a87
  8. missing deferral semi-annual channel feature update option in window update

missing deferral semi-annual channel feature update option in window update: I have window 10 Pro, version 1903, from yesterday I faced this problem, in this sense that I have missed deferral semi-annual feature update in order to delay a new and upcoming " feature update " by 365 days, I contacted Microsoft support, one time they told me to...
  9. Windows 10 1903: the case of the missing update deferral options

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 1903: the case of the missing update deferral options: Windows 10 machines that have received the Windows 10 version 1903 feature update, the May 2019 Update, may lack update deferral options in the Settings application. Windows 10 administrators may defer feature updates to block their installation on devices that they manage....
  10. Windows Update Deferral

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Deferral: I think it was last September when I deferred the Fall Creators update for 365 days. I occasionally do a Macrium backup restore, and most often when I go to Settings>Windows>Advanced, the box for how many days the feature update can be deferred is blank. I'm also curious...