Windows 10: After 20H2 update Windows explorer is not responding when disconnected from network

Discus and support After 20H2 update Windows explorer is not responding when disconnected from network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When you open My Computer Windows Explorer the explorer is not responding immediately. This problem is only occurring when disconnected from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gsara, Dec 29, 2020.

1. gsara Win User

After 20H2 update Windows explorer is not responding when disconnected from network

When you open My Computer Windows Explorer the explorer is not responding immediately. This problem is only occurring when disconnected from the network and when you have mapped drives.

When mapped drive removed from systems the windows explorer opening without issue.

Kindly help us to overcome from this issue.

:)

gsara, Dec 29, 2020

2. Windows 10 20H2 network connection

Since upgrading from Windows 2004 to Windows 20H2 cannot connect to our network drives. The computer has a Local account created, and when I map to a network drive I get this error:
    Microsoft Windows Network: Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again.
    This was never a problem in any previous Windows update - what changed?
    We use local user accounts on several 'shared' computers. Normally when a user needs to connect to a network drive on one of these computers they will need to enter their network credentials. Then connection to the network will be made.
    Since updating to Windows 10 20H2 this no longer works. Anyone have a fix for this?
    Note: I have rolled back to 2004 and network connections work correctly, so this is definitely a 20H2 issue.

Mark Falzarano, Dec 29, 2020
  3. MisterEd Win User
    Problems with Networking went away with 20H2

There have a number of people (including myself) that have posted here about problems with home networking. Ever since I first installed Windows 10 back in 2017 I have been having problems.
    I have three computers networked together
    1. Desktop #1 (wired)
    2. Desktop #2 (wired)
    3. Laptop (wireless)

Problems included:
    1. Computer sometimes could not even ping each other
    2. Even when they could ping each other they did not show up in Windows Explorer > Network

Things improved a little in October when Desktop #1 and Laptop were updated to 20H2. Sometimes I had to run "FDResPub.bat" to get the computers to show up in Windows Explorer > Network. Even when that did not work I could use a desktop shortcut such as "\\Darkmatter" to access the other computers.

Things really improved in November when Desktop #2 was updated to 20H2. Now without doing anything all three computers could see each other in Windows Explorer > Network

My question is this. Did 20H2 improve networking or was there some other update that finally fixed networking?

BTW, I will still keep a folder on my desktop with shortcuts to the other computers. I found that even if a computer was asleep clicking on its shortcut would remotely wake it.

MisterEd, Dec 29, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

After 20H2 update Windows explorer is not responding when disconnected from network

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond After 20H2 update Windows explorer is not responding when disconnected from network :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

1. After 20H2 update Windows explorer is not responding when disconnected from network - Similar Threads - 20H2 update explorer

2. Cortana not responding after 20H2 update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana not responding after 20H2 update.: My computer wanted to update last night and I let it. Turning on the computer today I find my desktop changed, the wrong audio drivers being used and all kinds of little annoyances, fine whatever. Microsoft will be microsoft. But I go to set timers in Cortana and she does...
  3. After updating to 20H2 from 2004 explorer crashes when minimizing/maximising windows,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After updating to 20H2 from 2004 explorer crashes when minimizing/maximising windows,...: this is why no one likes updating windows 10. submitted by /u/sunnysteste [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m0ut8p/after_updating_to_20h2_from_2004_explorer_crashes/
  4. Windows Explorer broken after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer broken after 20H2 update: Since the release of the update, I have been running 20H2 on my laptop however as of yesterday Windows Explorer kinda broke The issues I have are the following: Names of files, folders, and names of tools not showing as well as shortcuts Application files not opening...
  5. Windows Explorer broken after 20H2 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Explorer broken after 20H2 update: Since the release of the update, I have been running 20H2 on my laptop however as of yesterday Windows Explorer kinda broke The issues I have are the following: Names of files, folders, and names of tools not showing as well as shortcuts Application files not opening...
  6. Network computers not showing after 20H2 update

Network computers not showing after 20H2 update: All, There seems to be a problem with the network computers not showing up. Say my computer is named "BRYCE-PC" and the remote computer is "YuleLog-PC" I am trying to get psexec to work properly, and worked until today. I have Spectrum (using their new Wave 2 router and Modem...
  7. Explorer window stops responding for Network after viewing This PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer window stops responding for Network after viewing This PC: On my Windows 10 desktop, I have two icons, "Network" and "This PC". If I click on "Network", it brings up an Explorer window with a list of all devices found on my local network NAS, TV, printers, etc.. If I right-click and choose Refresh, this list will refresh. If I then...
  8. Frequent network disconnection after Windows update.

Frequent network disconnection after Windows update.: Every time Windows does a major update, it somehow disconnects my peer to peer network. I have checked to make sure network discovery is turned on and i have made sure the password is turned off. But i am still getting a thing asking me for my credentials. The mapped...
  9. Explorer stops responding when browsing network share.

Explorer stops responding when browsing network share.: I have a bunch of Windows 10 computers where explorer stops responding once I browse to a network share on a Server 2008r2 box. It seems to happen on specific folders within the share. It happens if browsing via IP, UNC or a mapped drive. Computers are all attached to a...
  10. Windows Explorer not responding after latest Windows 10 update

Windows Explorer not responding after latest Windows 10 update: Since latest Windows 10 update am unable to use my laptop computer as Windows Explorer does not respond after the sign in window. How do I fix this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disconnected network drive crash