Windows 10: After 20H2 update: "Windows Security's" Publisher Certificate "Expired" but "Certificate is...

Discus and support After 20H2 update: "Windows Security's" Publisher Certificate "Expired" but "Certificate is... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/winfeeling [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/winfeeling, Mar 21, 2021.

1. After 20H2 update: "Windows Security's" Publisher Certificate "Expired" but "Certificate is...

/u/winfeeling, Mar 21, 2021

2. security certificate

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would like to know if this issue occur on Different Web browsers too?

I would suggest you to try the following steps, when you access secured website you may get this error message.

1. Open Internet Explorer and verify that the page you are trying to view is listing a certificate error.

2. To clear the certificate error goes to Tools --> Internet Options from the menu of IE 11.

3. Click on the advanced tab and scroll down to the security section. Clear the boxes for: "Check for publisher's certificate revocation" and "Check for server certificate revocation".

4. Click Apply and Ok.

5. Attempt to reload the page by clicking the Refresh button at the end of the address bar or by pressing the F5 key. Your page should now load as expected.

This error can be cause by the SSL certificate of the website – maybe it was not issued by a trusted Certification Authority on the client side. It could even be an attempt to fool you or intercept data you send to the server. Or maybe the certificate has
    expired.

I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article and check if it helps.

"There is a problem with this website's security certificate" when you try to visit a secured website in Internet Explorer

I would suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps:

Certificate errors: FAQ

Certificate errors: FAQ

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Swathi Ravichandran, Mar 21, 2021
  3. Lmgpl Win User
    Expired certificate

When trying to update a Nokia N95 I am getting the message "Expired Certificate" after the step Install MMS Sync.

On the computer it is saying installation complete?

Is the installation complete or is the expired certificate a problem?

Lmgpl, Mar 21, 2021
  4. After 20H2 update: "Windows Security's" Publisher Certificate "Expired" but "Certificate is...

Expired security certificate for Metropcs.com

Hi David,

Getting the error message that says the site is using an invalid security certificate may be caused by missing certificates or could be due to web browser cache issues. To sort out this problem, try manually installing the missing certificates and deleting
    the web browser's browsing history. Follow the steps below:

Manually installing the missing certificates.

• In Internet Explorer, click Continue to this website (not recommended), if the error message about having invalid security certificate pops up.
    • Click the Certificate Error to open the information window.
    • Click View Certificates, and then Install Certificate.
    • On the warning message that appears, click Yes to install the certificates.

Clearing browsing history.

• Launch Internet Explorer.
    • Click Tools (gear icon) on the top-right corner, then select
      Internet Options.
    • Under General > Browsing history, click Delete.
    • Tick the box for Temporary Internet files and website files.
    • Click Delete.

Once done, try accessing the website again and see if you still get the same error.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

After 20H2 update: "Windows Security's" Publisher Certificate "Expired" but "Certificate is...

1. After 20H2 update: "Windows Security's" Publisher Certificate "Expired" but "Certificate is... - Similar Threads - 20H2 update Security's

2. Expired certificate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Expired certificate: This keeps poping up."msedge.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate to extensionwebstorebase.edgesv.net."This is vey annoying, when are you going to renew the certificate ?...
  3. Expired certificate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Expired certificate: This keeps poping up."msedge.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate to extensionwebstorebase.edgesv.net."This is vey annoying, when are you going to renew the certificate ?...
  4. Expired certificate

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 11 expired certificates ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 expired certificates ?: Hi, I'm having an array of problems on my Windows 11 laptop for a while now, and I believe they are all tied to expired certificates, but I'm not a 100% sure.Here are the various issues I'm facing, in the somewhat chronological order I encountered them :The Steam friend's...
  6. Windows 11 expired certificates ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 expired certificates ?: Hi, I'm having an array of problems on my Windows 11 laptop for a while now, and I believe they are all tied to expired certificates, but I'm not a 100% sure.Here are the various issues I'm facing, in the somewhat chronological order I encountered them :The Steam friend's...
  7. Certificate security

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certificate security: I have noticed my computers are acting weird. Anti-malware has been run on both computers. My laptop started a download called "ELERA". This is said to be a touch pad driver however this is not the case. My desktop has an usual traffic as well there, applications are opening...
  8. security certificate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    security certificate: I keep getting a security certificate warning because the one I have is outdated. How do I get a current one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-certificate/50fb16c8-dc1a-402f-8283-d483aaf7eeef"
  9. Security Certificate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Certificate: I think I have been scammed by a business. They supposedly help me when my computer has issues. They called and said {and showed me} that I have all of these error messages because my security certificate has expired. They want a rather hefty sum to reinstate my certificate....
  10. Microsoft Windows Certificate Expired?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Windows Certificate Expired?: I opened taskmgr.exe today and I saw that the verified publisher in UAC dialog is Unknown, not Microsoft Windows. (if it's Microsoft Windows it won't open an UAC like that!). I opened Task Manager properties and in the Digital Signatures, I saw that the Microsoft Windows...