Windows 10: after 4/30/2020 Window System update, my Nvidai 940 graphic card also updated and then it...

Discus and support after 4/30/2020 Window System update, my Nvidai 940 graphic card also updated and then it... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a good PC with ASUS MAXIMUS motherboard, i7-4790 4000 Mhz. CPU and Nvidia 940 graphic card with Window 10 working perfectly until three days... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BoChao1, May 3, 2020.

1. BoChao1 Win User

after 4/30/2020 Window System update, my Nvidai 940 graphic card also updated and then it...

I have a good PC with ASUS MAXIMUS motherboard, i7-4790 4000 Mhz. CPU and Nvidia 940 graphic card with Window 10 working perfectly until three days ago. A new WIndow 10 64bit update and the immediate G force graphic card upgrade software. After installation, I lost the 2nd monitor, and then the BIOS shuts down PC for overheating. And now it just won't show Republic of Gamer==manufacture's name at star-up but a lit-up the keyboard and mouse with the black screen.

What I can do to revive it? Please help.

:)

BoChao1, May 3, 2020

2. Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 3, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, May 3, 2020
  4. after 4/30/2020 Window System update, my Nvidai 940 graphic card also updated and then it...

Anniversary Update broke GTX 960 graphics card

Hi,

What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the drivers from manufacturer’s website and check if it helps.

Sometimes even though the drivers are up to date there might be some bugs/corruption with the drivers.

Step 1:

Steps to uninstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

1. “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

2. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

3. Search for the Graphics Card from the device list, right click on it and then select
    “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Manually Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website

Go to the Computer or Graphics Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Graphics Card model and then install it by following the manufacturer/developers website.

For reference:

Update drivers in Windows 10:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...566-b983195752c1/update-drivers-in-windows-10

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, May 3, 2020
Thema:

after 4/30/2020 Window System update, my Nvidai 940 graphic card also updated and then it...

1. after 4/30/2020 Window System update, my Nvidai 940 graphic card also updated and then it... - Similar Threads - 2020 Window System

2. my graphics card wont update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my graphics card wont update.: i have been trying to update my driver for months now and i keep running into the same problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-graphics-card-wont-update/aeef5710-b559-473d-8eb3-49564e70a349
  3. my graphics card wont update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my graphics card wont update.: i have been trying to update my driver for months now and i keep running into the same problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-graphics-card-wont-update/aeef5710-b559-473d-8eb3-49564e70a349
  4. my graphics card wont update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows operating system blocked from graphics card after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows operating system blocked from graphics card after windows update: Running windows 11 and it update yesterday at 1 am and was working fine until a game crashed and now my screen freezes then goes black and Windows is saying the operating system has been blocked from the graphics card. I went ahead and factory reset my computer removing...
  6. Windows operating system blocked from graphics card after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows operating system blocked from graphics card after windows update: Running windows 11 and it update yesterday at 1 am and was working fine until a game crashed and now my screen freezes then goes black and Windows is saying the operating system has been blocked from the graphics card. I went ahead and factory reset my computer removing...
  7. No audio after graphics card update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio after graphics card update: I updated my amd radeon r7 and after that i had no sound. I have Microsoft windows 10 home version 2004 Os build 19041.630 169384
  8. Window 10 and GForce recent 4/30/2020 update causing my PC crash..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 and GForce recent 4/30/2020 update causing my PC crash..: after 4/30/2020 Window System update, my Nvidai 940 graphic card also updated and then it will not start I have a good PC with ASUS MAXIMUS motherboard, i7-4790 4000 Mhz. CPU and Nvidia 940 graphic card with Window 10 operating system working perfectly until three days ago,...
  9. Graphic card update

Graphic card update: I am a photographer and use Lightroom Classic.I am having a lot of trouble in the development module post processing my images.I contacted Adobe and was told that my graphic card needed updating whatever that means.Could someone ,anyone please help me....
  10. Windows Update ruined my Graphic card

Windows Update ruined my Graphic card: Sinces a few updates ago (everything worked well on march of this year) My Photoshop started to has issues and then, my Blender startet to render a really horrible 3D images using my gpu, I really tried to avoid these updates but you didn't let me, you forced me to update,...