Windows 10: After a BSOD, my Acer laptop no longer picks up any wifi.

Discus and support After a BSOD, my Acer laptop no longer picks up any wifi. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was using my computer when the wifi suddenly disconnected, I tried to reconnect, but my computer started lagging, perhaps because I was spam-clicking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IanTan3, Jan 26, 2019.

1. IanTan3 Win User

After a BSOD, my Acer laptop no longer picks up any wifi.

I was using my computer when the wifi suddenly disconnected, I tried to reconnect, but my computer started lagging, perhaps because I was spam-clicking "reconnect", and suddenly I had a BSOD. It got to 100% quickly, but stayed in BSOD for several hours, so I force restarted.

When it rebooted, nothing had changed. After restarting several times, it still does not pick up wifi. No one else on our network has this problem at the moment.

I asked my computer to troubleshoot and its advice was to check if the network cable is unplugged, and that the adapter may be disabled. Obviously this is not the problem because everyone else has wifi.

I did not take a picture of the stop code, but I do know that it was a "Page faut in nonpaged area" error.

Plugging in the cable directly to my computer isn't really an option.

Any advice?

:)

IanTan3, Jan 26, 2019

2. No wifi - Windows 10

My Acer laptop is no longer picking up wifi. It will not allow me to turn on wireless access. I have used the other prompts listed and DNI_DNE was not found.

1111111111xxx, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Victor Win User
    cannot turn on wifi on acer laptop

Laptop model: Acer Aspire A515-51-59DP

Here's what I've done so far:

1. Settings > WiFi Settings > Turn On WiFi (it shows as off). That switches the toggle, but never turns on. If I reload the WiFi settings, it shows as off again.
    2. It does have a keyboard shortcut to enable/disable WiFi (Fn + F3), but that does nothing at all. (the other F-key hotkeys work). This machine does not have a hardware switch for WiFi.
    3. Reinstalled WiFi driver.
    4. Replaced WiFi card, installed drivers.
    5. Disabled power management (don't allow Windows to turn off wireless)
    6. Found a couple posts that said with Intel cards to disable 40hz. Now explicit setting for that here, but found one similar and changing it did nothing.
    7. I don't see anything in the BIOS for enabling/disabling it.
    8. Restarted machine multiple times. Also pulled battery and cord and held power for 30 seconds.

Any suggestions?

Video of the problem:

Victor, Jan 26, 2019
  4. cheetahfm Win User

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

1. After a BSOD, my Acer laptop no longer picks up any wifi. - Similar Threads - BSOD Acer laptop

2. Laptop picks up lower wifi signal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop picks up lower wifi signal: Hello,I moved to a new apartament with 3 other roommates, we got ourselves a fiber internet connection with a 1 Gbps speed. First two weeks my wifi worked fine, the router is one room from me, signal was 4/4 bars. Since last monday, my network card barely picks up signal,...
  3. Laptop picks up lower wifi signal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop picks up lower wifi signal: Hello,I moved to a new apartament with 3 other roommates, we got ourselves a fiber internet connection with a 1 Gbps speed. First two weeks my wifi worked fine, the router is one room from me, signal was 4/4 bars. Since last monday, my network card barely picks up signal,...
  4. Windows 10 Acer Laptop Detected Microphone But Can't Pick Up Sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Acer Laptop Detected Microphone But Can't Pick Up Sound: Like the title said, it detected sound but its not picking sound.To be more clear, I will list down all the problems.1 The Windows 10 Acer Laptop can detect the microphone.2 It can't pick up any sound.3 There is a mic section in the Volume Mixer.\4 If I turn up the volume in...
  5. My pc does not pick up any WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My pc does not pick up any WiFi: Hi, for the past week my Pc has not been connecting to the internet. When i trouble shoot all it tells me is that my ethernet cable is not connected. Now ive never connected my pc to an ethernet cable Ive done everthing other forums have asked and still nothing...
  6. my laptop is not picking up my mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my laptop is not picking up my mic: my microphone is not being picked up on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-not-picking-up-my-mic/1747720d-4870-4ed2-9f95-abe43e09ffbe
  7. My Pc’s wireless wifi isn’t picking up any wifis

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Pc’s wireless wifi isn’t picking up any wifis: I Built a pc not too long ago and added a wifi adapter from asus (Dual-Band wireless-AC1900 PCI-E Adapter). This wifi adapter was working for a short while but then stopped one day and I have no idea why. Can someone help me out? submitted by /u/Calebk504 [link]...
  8. Home Wifi not being picked up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Home Wifi not being picked up: Good Day I would like to know a reason why my home why I cannot pick up my home Wifi but other Wifi signals can be picked up? I have fibre line and my laptop is an HP Pavilion G7. I have tried using other laptops and they do work so I am not sure why this could be...
  9. Not picking any networks on WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not picking any networks on WiFi: Strange issue seems to be occuring. I have a HP laptop which is only a couple of months old and it has completely stopped picking up any networks wirelessly. Hotspot from phone doesn’t appear, my home wifi has stopped appearing. I’ve tried to set up a network manually home...
  10. My internal laptop mic cannot picking up any sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My internal laptop mic cannot picking up any sound: Laptop: Asus K450JN Windows: 10 Pro My internal laptop mic cannot picking up any sound, no green bars raising I tried to install the latest driver (6.0.1.8010) and nothing happen, All disconnected and disabled recording devices are checked it is the default mic, and I...