Windows 10: After a control panel fix Office 2013 requires a key i no longer have

Discus and support After a control panel fix Office 2013 requires a key i no longer have in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; HI there I had my computer checked and upgraded ready to begin study and they installed Windows 10. When I went to use it no Office applications... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Melsin, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Melsin Win User

After a control panel fix Office 2013 requires a key i no longer have

HI there
    I had my computer checked and upgraded ready to begin study and they installed Windows 10.
    When I went to use it no Office applications worked.
    As I could not keep anything open to go to "file" I searched internet and followed directions for a repair via the control panel (internet repair).
    It took ages and must have reinstalled the whole program as now when I open Office 2013 home and student version it asks for a product key or my account.
    HOWEVER I cannot find the product key any more after many house moves AND when I log in to Microsoft it says my account is not linked to this product.
    I tried instructions from internet for a ?dry boot ? using msconfig .. which made no difference .. and now not sure if everything from that is back where it should be.
    I also logged onto Microsoft and booked a tech call but 24 hours later have not received one.
    Please help. I am at my wits end.

:)

Melsin, Mar 17, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Microsoft Office no longer working

Hi Chris, follow these steps to perform a full repair of your Office installation . . .

Open Control Panel - Programs and Features

Click Microsoft Office in the list of installed applications

At the top, click 'Change'

On the resulting dialog, click 'Repair' - choose the Quick Repair first, if that does not resolve this, try the Online Repair, it is a comprehensive fix

That should fix any issues with your Office Installation . . .

NOTE: Please be advised, if you are running Office 2013 or earlier, before attempting a repair, have your Microsoft Office Product Key at hand, Office may need to be re-activated in some cases

DaveM121, Mar 17, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Left Control Key Doesn't Work

Hi Adelhard, if this functionality is just missing in Office, please try the following:

Follow these steps to perform a full repair of your Office installation . . .

Open Control Panel - Programs and Features

Click Microsoft Office in the list of installed applications

At the top, click 'Change'

On the resulting dialog, click 'Repair' - choose the Online Repair, it is a comprehensive fix

That should fix any issues with your Office Installation . . .

NOTE: Please be advised, if you are running Office 2013 or earlier, before attempting a repair, have your Microsoft Office Product Key at hand, Office may need to be re-activated in some cases

DaveM121, Mar 17, 2019
  4. After a control panel fix Office 2013 requires a key i no longer have

windows 10 control panel

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you want to know how to access the control panel in Windows 10?

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following steps to open the Control Panel in the system.

Step 1: Opening Control Panel in Windows 10.

• Open Run command box by simultaneously pressing Windows and R keys (Windows + R).

• In the Run dialog box, type
      Control
      and then press Enter key to open the classic Control Panel.
    Step 2: Access Control Panel in Windows 10 from desktop.

• Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo button at the bottom-left corner of the desktop) and then click Control Panel to open the same.
    Step 3: Launch Control Panel using search.

• Open Start menu or screen.

• In the search box, enter Control Panel and then press Enter key to open the same.
    Note: You can quickly access the search with the help of Windows + C hotkey.

Step 4: Create Control Panel shortcut on desktop.

• Right-click on desktop, click New, and then click Shortcut.
    • In Type the location of the item box, type the following path.
    explorer shell:ControlPanelFolder

• Click Next button.
    • In the Type a name for this shortcut box, type Control Panel, and click Finish button. You can now double-click on the Control Panel icon on the desktop to quickly launch the same.
    Step 5: Pin Control Panel to Start or taskbar.

• In the Start search box, type Control Panel.

• When you see search results, right-click on Control Panel entry and then click Pin to Start to pin it to the Start menu or screen.
    Note: Clicking Pin to taskbar will pin the Control Panel to taskbar.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

After a control panel fix Office 2013 requires a key i no longer have

1. After a control panel fix Office 2013 requires a key i no longer have - Similar Threads - control panel fix

2. Control Panel Mail "Application Not Found" after Office reinstallation

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Control Panel Mail "Application Not Found" after Office reinstallation: All When I logged on to my Windows 10 64-bit PC today, when I tried to open Outlook, it refused to work and I was presented with message I was "Error Code 0x426-0x0". No other Office application worked: I use Office 2016 32-bit. Following various instructions I have been...
  3. I have the wrong Control Panel on my OS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have the wrong Control Panel on my OS: OK so, I have Windows 10. But I have the Windows 7 Control Panel. How do I fix this and bring back the Windows 10 version? Thanks. submitted by /u/Caifabe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dxb1c8/i_have_the_wrong_control_panel_on_my_os/
  4. After a control panel fix Office 2013 requires a key i no longer have

in Windows 10 Support
    After a control panel fix Office 2013 requires a key i no longer have: HI there I had my computer checked and upgraded ready to begin study and they installed Windows 10. When I went to use it no Office applications worked. As I could not keep anything open to go to "file" I searched internet and followed directions for a repair via the control...
  5. Microsoft Excel (Office 2013) requires MSOINTL.DLL to run

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Excel (Office 2013) requires MSOINTL.DLL to run: I was using Excel in Office 2013 yesterday. When I opened the program later in the day I got the message "Microsoft Excel requires the file MSOINTL.DLL to run. Run Setup again to ensure proper installation. I have reinstalled Office 2013 three times from my Microsoft account...
  6. Control Panel Shortcut Key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control Panel Shortcut Key: Is there a shortcut key to Control Panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel-shortcut-key/f3288db2-f2c7-4f30-aee8-f001eb6258c1
  7. Themes no longer in control panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Themes no longer in control panel: Greetings! First, thank you for having a forum for helping those of us who can't leave anything alone. *Huh Now onto my query... I stupidly tried to copy a theme file into Windows/Resources/Themes. Following this idiotic act, my themes and display options no longer...
  8. Microsoft office 2013 licence key

Microsoft office 2013 licence key: Hi, how do i find the licence for the installed Microsoft office 2013? Thank you 77780
  9. office 2013

office 2013: So i installed my office 2013 and it i guess trying to install the update threw windows update seems like service pack 1 is stuck at 14% and never moves. any idea or way to restart the updates 12440
  10. Latest update -- Control panel no longer working

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest update -- Control panel no longer working: Hi there After latest update I find that Control Panel is no longer working --it starts (displays) and then locks up and then disappears after a few seconds. Is my system broken or is control panel now disabled )get to it via Right mouse from Windows start button)....