Windows 10: after a crash startup apps will not start at all

Discus and support after a crash startup apps will not start at all in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After i was attempting to select multiple images in a folder with ctrl+click my computer crashed and now the apps that are listed as startup apps will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by glenngarrett1, Jul 3, 2020.

1. after a crash startup apps will not start at all

After i was attempting to select multiple images in a folder with ctrl+click my computer crashed and now the apps that are listed as startup apps will absolutely not start at all. These include steam and icue which i have tried downloading the installers and reinstalling but not even the installers will open. I have tried to start the apps manually through the exe files but they absolutely will not start at all, can i please get some help? I have been trying everything i can think of for at least an hour.

:)

glenngarrett1, Jul 3, 2020

2. all office apps startup only after re-start windows

If your computer has an SSD, then this should solve your issue and you won't see any noticeable bootup speed changes:

Disable Fast Startup (step by step):

1. Open Control Panel
    2. Navigate to Hardware and Sound --> Power Options
    3. Then click on "Choose what the power buttons do"
    4. Press "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    5. Under Shutdown settings untick the box beside "Turn on fast startup (recommended)"
    6. Save changes and reboot once.

after a crash startup apps will not start at all [​IMG]

Once logged in and Windows has booted up properly and settled, shut down your computer. After that boot your computer again and test your Office apps. They should work now.

slicendice, Jul 3, 2020
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 3, 2020
  4. after a crash startup apps will not start at all

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

after a crash startup apps will not start at all

1. after a crash startup apps will not start at all - Similar Threads - crash startup apps

2. Photos App Crashes at Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App Crashes at Startup: If I open Photos app, it begins to open shows just a blank gray window then crashes almost immediately.If I double-click a picture file, it opens fine, but then clicking the button jump back to all pictures will also cause it to crash.Repair or Reset from App Settings didn't...
  3. apps keep starting at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps keep starting at startup: I have a question, how can I stop the applications to start when I open my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-keep-starting-at-startup/8b010aaa-814f-4ea3-8a98-f06fb216112e
  4. Xbox app crashes on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app crashes on startup: When I start Xbox app it crashes on startup, when i deleted it and tried to reinstall it gave error Code: 0x80070422. I have installed the latest windows updates, drivers, and troubleshot after every restart to no avail....
  5. crash after startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    crash after startup: if i turn on my laptop it starts up to login screen and then crashing without blue screen or it just survives 10 minutes then crashes (fairly new laptop) this happened out of my eyes, i just left the laptop running and went somewhere for 4mins... then i got to laptop...
  6. All programms crash after starting them.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All programms crash after starting them.: Hello there. I got a "little" problem today. I m working on windows 10 with the latest update (it was around a week since the last update). All programms I try to start manualy (not autostart programms) are crashing right after the start and a can send a crash report. It...
  7. App crashes on startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App crashes on startup.: Hi, I bought a game off the windows store and I've tried to start it up and it crashes. I examined the error in the event viewer and got this output. Can someone tell me what this means and what i have to do to fix it? Faulting application name:...
  8. All Apps crashing after hardware switch

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    All Apps crashing after hardware switch: I have Windows 10 Pro running with a retail key (not the generic upgrade key). I boot this installation sometimes natively and sometimes as a (VMWare Fusion) VM. Whichever I boot my installation is immediately seen as permanently activated (although the hardware is different...
  9. all office apps startup only after re-start windows

in Microsoft Office and 365
    all office apps startup only after re-start windows: Happy to help. Glad to hear you got it fixed.
  10. Some apps crash on startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Some apps crash on startup: Hey guys, I just upgraded to Windows 10 and some apps and accessories aren't working for me. Microsoft Edge doesn't open or do anything when I click the taskbar icon for it. When I try to open System Information it opens for a second then sends an error report for crashing....