Windows 10: After a Defender Scan, Windows are Missing Text

Discus and support After a Defender Scan, Windows are Missing Text in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After I have run a full Defender scan most often but not always, windows are missing text. A reboot resolves the problem. This is Windows 10... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Barry S. Finkel, May 2, 2021.

1. After a Defender Scan, Windows are Missing Text

After I have run a full Defender scan most often but not always, windows are missing text. A reboot resolves the problem. This is Windows 10 Professional 64-bit 20H2. This is clearly a BUG in WIndows that needs correction.

:)

Barry S. Finkel, May 2, 2021

2. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 2, 2021
  3. Cannot schedule scans for Windows Defender

Hi Nathaniel,

As per the description, you are experiencing issue with you can’t schedule scans for Windows defender and getting error message pop ups: “The combination of properties that task is using is not compatible with the scheduling
    engine” on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix this issue.

There could be a possibility that this issue might have occurred if there are corruptions in Windows defender services.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if that helps.

Method 1:

You can enable the Windows Defender either from control panel or from services.

Step 1:
    Enable Windows Defender from control panel

• Press Windows + X, Click on control panel.
    • On right top corner click on View and then choose large items.
    • Now from the list click on Windows Defender and try to enable it.
    If not try to enable it from services.

Step 2:
    Enable Windows Defender from services.msc.

• Press Windows + R, to open run prompt.
    • Type services.msc and press enter to open services list.
    • Under services look from Windows defender service and start the service and set to automatic.
    Note: If the services are already started, then click on the option that says: “Restart the service” and check if that helps.

If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

How to use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files, please follow the steps in the link provided below.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Note: System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. This article describes how
    to run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)to
    scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows 8.1 or Windows 8.
    If a Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

All the above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, May 2, 2021
  4. Brian Cab Win User

After a Defender Scan, Windows are Missing Text

Windows defender custom scan does not scan external drives

Hi Joe,

to scan external drives using Windows Defender, follow the steps provided below.

• Open Windows Defender.
    • Go to Settings tab.
    • Select the Advanced option.
    • tick the checkbox for Scan removable drives.

Regards.

Brian Cab, May 2, 2021
Thema:

After a Defender Scan, Windows are Missing Text

1. After a Defender Scan, Windows are Missing Text - Similar Threads - Defender Scan are

2. defender scan option missing in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    defender scan option missing in windows 11: How to get back the scan options in windows 11. Been to community all that is there is a lot of people with their own solutions which none work. Need a solution from microsft and the steps to take to fix this problem....
  3. defender scan option missing in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    defender scan option missing in windows 11: How to get back the scan options in windows 11. Been to community all that is there is a lot of people with their own solutions which none work. Need a solution from microsft and the steps to take to fix this problem....
  4. Windows Defender Offline Scan Missing Definitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Offline Scan Missing Definitions: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro build 19405When I run a Windows Defender Offline Scan, msssWrapper always shows a warning message saying definitions are missing. How I Got Here: I was initially concerned because 1 my computer is slower than it ought to be, 2 there were two programs...
  5. Windows Defender Offline Scan Missing Definitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Offline Scan Missing Definitions: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro build 19405When I run a Windows Defender Offline Scan, msssWrapper always shows a warning message saying definitions are missing. How I Got Here: I was initially concerned because 1 my computer is slower than it ought to be, 2 there were two programs...
  6. Windows Defender Offline Scan Missing Definitions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Windows defender no notification after a scan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender no notification after a scan: I did a system reset and now windows defender is not notifying me what happenee after a scan submitted by /u/TropicalLad1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/13y9umf/windows_defender_no_notification_after_a_scan/
  8. Missing definitions in Defender Offline scan

Missing definitions in Defender Offline scan: Hi !Although no threats were found, The log of Defender Offline scan indicates the following missing definitions :WARNING 2021/06/06 08:52:55:641 TID:1596 PID:1564 Missing definitions file in 'C:\mpam-fex64.exe' WARNING 2021/06/06 08:52:55:641 TID:1596 PID:1564 Missing...
  9. no history in scan history after defender scan 2x

no history in scan history after defender scan 2x: scan done..i watched it....no results.....eufi downloaded now says unknown update downloaded what is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/no-history-in-scan-history-after-defender-scan-2x/5b612db7-d14e-4fcd-9e63-f4c08e3bae64
  10. Windows Defender Missing Scan Button

Windows Defender Missing Scan Button: Suddenly when I open Windows Security, I no longer have the buttons to scan for viruses. Even though I have McAfee, I always could scan with Windows Defender-- it just didn't do real-time scan. Now I can't even scan. If anybody is experiencing this, please let me know....