Windows 10: After a huge update today - need An APP to open pictures

Discus and support After a huge update today - need An APP to open pictures in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer - Windows 10 did an automatic update this morning. Now, when I go to "Pictures' they come up okay BUT when I click on a picture, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WinwoodJocelyn, Feb 3, 2020.

1. After a huge update today - need An APP to open pictures

My computer - Windows 10 did an automatic update this morning. Now, when I go to "Pictures' they come up okay BUT when I click on a picture, the message "APP WILL NOT START" comes up. How do I get the app? Did it have one before?? I am technically challenged so please keep this in mind when you reply. Thanks heaps xx

:)

WinwoodJocelyn, Feb 3, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. After a huge update today - need An APP to open pictures :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Windows 10: Photos App is not working while opening pictures.

Hi Lowana,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if photo app is corrupt or there is change in photo app settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you tried to checked the issue by opening pictures present in the external USB drive?
    • Have you made any changes in the photo app prior to the issue?

I recommend you to follow the steps below to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter and also check if you are able to access photos app through search bar.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter from the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: I recommend you to check if you are able to access Photos app through search bar.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Photos" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then check if you are able to open the app.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with opening pictures through photos app, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 3, 2020
  4. enso Win User

After a huge update today - need An APP to open pictures

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

After a huge update today - need An APP to open pictures

1. After a huge update today - need An APP to open pictures - Similar Threads - huge update today

2. NEED HELP AFTER A HUGE LOSS DUE TO THE WINDOWS 10 UPDATE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    NEED HELP AFTER A HUGE LOSS DUE TO THE WINDOWS 10 UPDATE: So... After installing the microsoft 10 update. I didnt have enough room on my Surface Pro & followed the directions by putting everything on my gifted/still in packaging, hard drive which needed to be REGISTERED AFTER PURCHASE- according to directions in case anythings lost,...
  3. NEED HELP PLEASE *BOOTMGR IS MISSING* AFTER TODAYS WINDOWS UPDATES

NEED HELP PLEASE *BOOTMGR IS MISSING* AFTER TODAYS WINDOWS UPDATES: So my operating system used to be windows 7 which I updated for free via windows to windows 10 a few years back. Today I had a big update which took about 30 minutes and when it restarted I got a black screen saying BOOTMGR.... I pressed CTRL, ALT DELETE but it kept returning...
  4. Unable to open Word after todays update?

Unable to open Word after todays update?: I am unable to open Word/Mail/Excel/PowerPoint/ etc... after todays update? Any suggestions? Office shows me logged in and up to date. It will not open through Office app or from toolbar or using shortcut. Only the Orange Office update box will show up and then the display...
  5. After update Apps not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After update Apps not opening: So, I did an update today and now my Microsoft store, and my Kodi won't open. How do I fix this?*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh 111727
  6. Apps not opening after update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Apps not opening after update: So, I did an update today and now my Microsoft store, and my Kodi won't open. How do I fix this?*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh 111727
  7. Desktop picture not showing today

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop picture not showing today: Somehow during my tweaking of win10 to match my preferred setup (so it's just like all the previous windows versions in other words), I added the uber-admin account to the login screen. No clue how it got there, but it was, and it didn't need to be - I'm the only user of this...
  8. Today's MS Updates kill apps

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Today's MS Updates kill apps: WUP, KB3038930, KB3040021, KB3021952 and one AMD Radeon HD 5450 installed today. Daum PotPlayer for playing videos, etc., Cyberlink PowerDirector 13 and AudioDirector 5 fail to open now. 4256
  9. Microsoft native app updates today

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft native app updates today: MS seems to be having a field day updating the native apps at the moment, virtually all the native ones have updates available over last couple days so if your store update settings are set to manual you might want to run a check. About the only one i reckon I haven't seen is...
  10. No restart after today's update

in Windows 10 Support
    No restart after today's update: Only spinning dots for 20 minutes now after restart because of update. Should I reset? Or? 71898