Windows 10: After a long run-time, PC wakes up with an error message in BIOS

Discus and support After a long run-time, PC wakes up with an error message in BIOS in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Lately, I have been leaving my desktop on to upload files through OneDrive. Windows is set to put my PC to sleep after 5 hours. The last 2 times I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Setherz6104, Jan 21, 2019.

1. After a long run-time, PC wakes up with an error message in BIOS

Lately, I have been leaving my desktop on to upload files through OneDrive. Windows is set to put my PC to sleep after 5 hours.

The last 2 times I've left my PC on, I've come to it in the morning with an error message along the lines of "Please insert/select boot drive", as if it forgot which drive to boot from. I've never encountered this issue with putting it to sleep normally, like usual, but after long run-times this has been the case. I restart the PC and all works fine, but I'm just curious on why it does this. I am planning on getting a new motherboard soon, anyways, but I am curious nonetheless.

> PC Specifications

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K Quad-core
    Motherboard: GIGABYTE F2A68HM-HD2
    Ram: 8GB DDR3
    SSD/HDD: TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 (1 TB) | ADATA SU800 (120 GB) (Windows Drive) | Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Windforce 4 GB
    PSU: 550W (unknown brand, came with pre-built PC)
    Chassis: Aerocool Strike-X One Gaming Mid-Tower

:)

Setherz6104, Jan 21, 2019

2. 'long running script' error

Hi Sandi,

The issue may occur due to setting configuration of your IE11. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any changes made prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest to check this thread:
    Message that website is not responding due to a long running script
    . Look for Don Varnau answer. It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jan 21, 2019
  4. After a long run-time, PC wakes up with an error message in BIOS

long running script error on IE11

what long running script error?

Cite:

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

After a long run-time, PC wakes up with an error message in BIOS

1. After a long run-time, PC wakes up with an error message in BIOS - Similar Threads - long run wakes

2. windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time: here is the power-trobleshooter- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter" Guid="{cdc05e28-c449-49c6-b9d2-88cf761644df}" /> <EventID>1</EventID> <Version>3</Version>...
  3. windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time: here is the power-trobleshooter- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter" Guid="{cdc05e28-c449-49c6-b9d2-88cf761644df}" /> <EventID>1</EventID> <Version>3</Version>...
  4. windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD after waking from sleep or waking the screen after long periods of time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after waking from sleep or waking the screen after long periods of time: So as the title says whenever my laptop is in sleep or is on for long periods of time and the screen switches off, and i wake the laptop up it shows a BSOD. The error is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and the stopcode is amdkmpfd.sys I had recently installed the adrenaline...
  6. BSOD after waking from sleep or waking the screen after long periods of time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after waking from sleep or waking the screen after long periods of time: So as the title says whenever my laptop is in sleep or is on for long periods of time and the screen switches off, and i wake the laptop up it shows a BSOD. The error is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and the stopcode is amdkmpfd.sys I had recently installed the adrenaline...
  7. Long BIOS boot time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Long BIOS boot time?: Hey guys, so I switched over to an NVMe SSD boot drive about a year ago. It used to take me like 20 seconds to boot fully to my login screen it was amazing. But for the past few months, my computer hangs on the Dell boot icon that spins for like sometimes a full minute now,...
  8. Long BIOS Time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Long BIOS Time: So oin my laptop the BIOS time is around 3 seconds but on my pc, the bios time is 12.4 seconds. The SSD on the PC is actually faster than the one in my laptop. Is there any way I can shorten this time? Yes, I've already disabled some applications that automatically startup....
  9. Waking up after prolonged period of time brings up Bios POST

in Windows 10 Support
    Waking up after prolonged period of time brings up Bios POST: This started happening within the last couple of weeks. Basically, sometimes when I put my computer to sleep and come back after a prolonged period of time, when I wake it back up it seems like the computer is rebooting - my BIOS Post screen comes up, and the system takes a...
  10. Long-running script error message

in Windows 10 Support
    Long-running script error message: With W10 ... I frequently get messages such as "politico.com (or nytimes.com) is not responding because of a long-running script". What "script" is that? How can I permanently close it and stop those interruptions? Thanks. 43885