Windows 10: After a new Win10 Install I have a blank gray screen.

Discus and support After a new Win10 Install I have a blank gray screen. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After installing Windows 10 I had a gray screen. I thought the laptop had gone to sleep so I pushed the power button to wake it up. It powered down so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lgwt50, Aug 14, 2015.

1. lgwt50 Win User

After a new Win10 Install I have a blank gray screen.

After installing Windows 10 I had a gray screen. I thought the laptop had gone to sleep so I pushed the power button to wake it up. It powered down so I powered it right back up. I got the small new Windows window icon and the spinning circle below it then the screen goes blank and nothing! ?!?! I have no video, no sound, no cursor. I do not even know if the install completed. Please help! Thank you!

:)

lgwt50, Aug 14, 2015
  2. BobD63 Win User

Installed windows 10 now I have a blank dark gray screen when it restarted. Can do nothing. Any help?

I ran the installation of windows 10. Now I have a dark grey screen. Nothing shows up, mouse or anything so I can do nothing with computer as far as rebooting short of unplugging and then same thing. Did this update just ruin my computer? Ughhhhh

i did check other links Microsoft referred as similar but those links assume the computer responds in any way

BobD63, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Installed windows 10 now I have a blank dark gray screen when it restarted. Can do nothing. Any help?

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Let me help you in upgrading your Computer to Windows 10 efficiently. Please refer to the following link which speaks about possible solution for the error code that you have encountered during the Upgrade:

How to: Troubleshoot common Setup and Stop Errors during Windows 10 Installation

How to: Troubleshoot Common Setup and Stop Errors During Windows 10 Installation

For further reference:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/windows-10-faq

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

How to: A list of things to do if Windows 10 Setup fails.

How to: Fix Windows 10 Setup Failure

These are very helpful articles created by one of our esteemed MVP Andre.

Hope this information is useful. Do get back to us for any assistance regarding Windows 10.

Arul_D, Aug 14, 2015
  4. lgwt50 Win User

I finally got into a restore/reset of some sort but it's been sitting on the same screen for 2 hr now: "Go back to the previous build"
    spinning dot circle "Restarting" ????? I really need to know what this thing is doing.

lgwt50, Aug 14, 2015
  5. lgwt50 Win User
    Ummm yeah, appreciate all the help I received here. Lucky for me I'm still savvy enough to figure things out for myself.

lgwt50, Aug 16, 2015
  6. Hi,

I am also having same problem, can you help me?

Thanks,
    Amit

amitkshirsagar, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. After a new Win10 Install I have a blank gray screen. - Similar Threads - Win10 Install blank

2. Gray Screen after login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Gray Screen after login: So I was cleaning out my windows 10 storage and i delete the temporary files, leaving downloads and pre installations untouchesI restarted my computer and after logging it it gray screens,, with a services panel that does nothingI have absolutely no idea how to fix this !...
  3. Instaled new update today and i only see Gray screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Instaled new update today and i only see Gray screen: Hello i instaled new software update today and when i booted up my notebook, i see only gray screen with my cursor. When i run automatic repairs, it says: Automatic repair was not sucesfull. I tried restorin files but it did not help. What should i do? submitted by...
  4. Gray screen after bootanimation

Gray screen after bootanimation: Today I restarted my computer but after the boot animation I just get a gray screen. I tried another monitor. I looked inside and cleaned it. I removed all cables gave it a rest and tried again. I tried reinstalling windows now it shows an loading circle shortly before it...
  5. Relatively new to Win10. After I installed Win10 I removed Edge from my home screen but...

Relatively new to Win10. After I installed Win10 I removed Edge from my home screen but...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/D-W-06 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ijj0yh/relatively_new_to_win10_after_i_installed_win10_i/
  6. Gray screen after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Gray screen after startup: Hi, Every time my desktop starts up, it has a gray screen for a long time, before the OS finally kicks in. My HDD seems to be loading a lot when this happens. My PC specs are: HDD: Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 6l080l4 80 GB, 7200 RPM Processor: Intel Celeron E3300 2.5 GHz, 2...
  7. Win10 Blank Screen Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Blank Screen Problem: I recent performed a clean Win10 reset, and since then, it's gripped with a very weird and annoying problem. Every time I install ANY software, at the end of the installation the screen goes blank for 3-4 seconds (as if my monitor looses connection) and then resumes....
  8. Grayed-out Buttons on Win10 Login Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Grayed-out Buttons on Win10 Login Screen: Hi, I am having a weird problem. The first problem was that I could not remember my password. I kept randomly entering possible passwords, none of which worked. I turned the laptop off for awhile. When I started up again, and the Login Screen came up, the password box, and...
  9. Win10 blank screen after updating and rebooting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 blank screen after updating and rebooting: I just did another clean install of Win10 and all went smoothly except for one problem. After the updates were installed I rebooted my laptop and then I noticed after coming back from my dinner a blank black screen with not even a mouse cursor. The power button light was...
  10. blank screen after installation win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    blank screen after installation win10: Can help for the solution for this. It is working fine with 8.1 windows Lenovo b540 all in one pc. after installing win10 screen came up ( installing 45 min) and gone screen blank. Switch on but boot up screen noting. 38038