Windows 10: After a normal successful update (choosing update and shutdown), windows boots to the setup...

Discus and support After a normal successful update (choosing update and shutdown), windows boots to the setup... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/evrdrandosity [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j6gn1m/after_a_normal_successful_update_choosing_update/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/evrdrandosity, Oct 7, 2020.

1. After a normal successful update (choosing update and shutdown), windows boots to the setup...

/u/evrdrandosity, Oct 7, 2020

2. Windows XP Error: Could not Boot after update

repairing windows will just fix any damaged files, id suggest taking off your over clocking settings the try booting in, maybe when you updated you also updated some censoring device which is now causing you a problem with your over clock settings.

jocksteeluk, Oct 7, 2020
  3. Midnite8 Win User
    Cannot Shutdown or Restart W8.1

First update pack was successful and I can shutdown and restart normally.

Midnite8, Oct 7, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

After a normal successful update (choosing update and shutdown), windows boots to the setup...

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

After a normal successful update (choosing update and shutdown), windows boots to the setup...

1. After a normal successful update (choosing update and shutdown), windows boots to the setup... - Similar Threads - normal successful update

2. Successful shutdown process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Successful shutdown process: Is it safe to close my lid before seeing the shutdown screen complete? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/successful-shutdown-process/811b5c71-196f-47bb-9a0d-9864dfd1b6c2
  3. Successful shutdown process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Successful shutdown process: Is it safe to close my lid before seeing the shutdown screen complete? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/successful-shutdown-process/811b5c71-196f-47bb-9a0d-9864dfd1b6c2
  4. Can't boot Windows 10 in Normal Startup If I choose Normal boot I can't boot and have to...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't boot Windows 10 in Normal Startup If I choose Normal boot I can't boot and have to...: Thought I would give here a try to see if any one could help resolve this issue.But unlike others here with nearly same issue I can select Normal or Selective start-up however I have installed windows countless times now and it's always the same outcome. Ie.on clean install...
  5. Windows fails to boot successfully after Windows Update. BOOTMGR is missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows fails to boot successfully after Windows Update. BOOTMGR is missing: Goal: Get the original windows installation on E: working so the old programs can be used. The user has many old programs which were purchased for a one time fee that have changed to a subscription model. Reinstalling them on a clean OS would be too expensive for them. The...
  6. Windows freezes during boot after a normal restart or shutdown. After a forced shutdown it...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows freezes during boot after a normal restart or shutdown. After a forced shutdown it...: I'm very sure this issue is hardware related as it only happens on two of my systems with very similar Supermicro motherboards, X9DAE and X9DRi-LN+. Linux always boots without problems....
  7. LOSS OF NORMAL WINDOW AFTER SHUTDOWN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    LOSS OF NORMAL WINDOW AFTER SHUTDOWN: I am running Windows 10 on Inspiron 3793 bought just when Windows 7 stopped being supported. I lost the normal windows but was still able to get excel , word and use internet even if I had to use mouse differently from normal Going back to pale blue screen and pressing...
  8. Shutdown after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Shutdown after update: Hello, After installing KB4517389 update which contains Intel drivers, my laptop (Dell Latitude E6220) shutdowns every 30 minutes. It happens too when I enter the BIOS and leave it during 30 minutes. The update has left my laptop unusable. I reinstalled Windows,...
  9. Slow boot and shutdown after updating to 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow boot and shutdown after updating to 1903: I've updated my windows from 1803 to 1903 yesterday and have noticed starting up my PC took significant longer. Usually it takes 10-15 seconds from completely off to the login screen but after the update the PC will show a black screen after the boot loading screen and stays...
  10. Update and Shutdown Still Updates on Boot

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update and Shutdown Still Updates on Boot: I manage several PC's in an office environment and staff have been complaining that their PC's are taking 10-15 minutes in the morning to update after they chose the "update and shutdown" option the night before, Is there any way to ensure this does not happen? 79930