Windows 10: After a power outage USB drive data some excel files are not working for one particular...

Discus and support After a power outage USB drive data some excel files are not working for one particular... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After a power outage USB drive data some excel files are not working for one particular user profile. The user connected Domain Network. When there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AntonyChinnaian, Aug 5, 2020.

1. After a power outage USB drive data some excel files are not working for one particular...

After a power outage USB drive data some excel files are not working for one particular user profile. The user connected Domain Network.

When there was a power outage he connected two USB drives to the same computer. Both USB drives have some excel files not working.

But if i logged administrator other user accounts, it is working fine all the excel files.

Problem only one user account profile had this problem, when power cut he used his USB drive excel file.

I tried to re-join the domain, also i tried to copy the local disk that time also not working. its working workgroup and other user Domain profiles.

:)

AntonyChinnaian, Aug 5, 2020

2. Power outage caused programs to disappear and/or become disfunctional

Hello,

There are few factors that can contribute to the issue you are encountering. Power outages can result in data loss, corruption of folders/files, and programs not functioning.

To assist you further, kindly provide more details by answering the following questions:

• Which browser are you using to check the passwords and favorites section? Provide the list of browsers where you encountered the concern.
    • Have you tried using another account to verify if the programs are still missing on your program list?

There is a possibility that the drive index has been corrupted. We highly suggest that you check your hard drive and scan for errors by following these steps:

• Open This PC on File Explorer and locate your hard drive.
    • Right-click and choose Properties.
    • Under Tools tab, click on Check Now button.

After scanning the hard drive, hidden files and folders, as well as lost data can be restored.

Additionally, we advise running the System File Checker as another way for us to check or scan for data corruptions in Windows system files that can be affected by the power outage. To do so, follow the steps on this article:

Using System File Checker in Windows 10.

Let us know of any details pertaining to your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Aug 5, 2020
  3. knute97 Win User
    Power outage change my external drive letters again

I have 2 external USB drives connected to my W10 computer. Originally when installed, these drives were assigned D: and E: (C: contains all the programs, etc. and F: was configured by HP as the Factory Backup).

Just had a power outage, and when the computer rebooted, these drives were assigned the letters E: and L:.

After previous power outages, I was able to reassign the drive letters back to their original letters, but this time, when I use the disk management program, the letter D is not available for reassignment.

I do not keep my data files on the C: drive, preferring to keep all my data on the E: drive. The D: drive is used as a continuous backup for the E: drive.

Being unable to restore the drive letters makes all my file and backup schemes invalid since the drive letters are all wrong and I don't want to figure out and correct all my links.

How can I restore my original configuration?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

knute97, Aug 5, 2020
  4. After a power outage USB drive data some excel files are not working for one particular...

RAM went bad after power outage?

In our country we get power outages regularly, where i live power outage occurs at list once a week, but sometimes several times during the day or week. The thing that baffles me is its been like this for many years and i have never used a surge protector, tho i have thought of buying one.

Good thing is despite all the outages, i have never had any electrical appliance damaged. But normally when the power goes out most people switch off power from the wall sockets just to be safe

Protagonist, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

After a power outage USB drive data some excel files are not working for one particular...

1. After a power outage USB drive data some excel files are not working for one particular... - Similar Threads - power outage USB

2. usb drive not showing up after power outage?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb drive not showing up after power outage?: hello. a recent power outage happened where i live and now my flash drive doesnt work. it worked fine after that but it was beeping like "....beep...beep...beeep..." it is a seagate ps4 gaming drive, 2 terabytes....
  3. Ethernet not working after a power outage of sorts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet not working after a power outage of sorts: Yesterday there was a big storm and my power sort of went out but nothing actually turned off except my wifi, Soon after the wifi turned back on I realized the ethernet on my computer doesn't work at all. I tried it on another device and it would still be working but not on...
  4. Ethernet not working after a power outage of sorts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet not working after a power outage of sorts: Yesterday there was a big storm and my power sort of went out but nothing actually turned off except my wifi, Soon after the wifi turned back on I realized the ethernet on my computer doesn't work at all. I tried it on another device and it would still be working but not on...
  5. Ethernet not working after a power outage of sorts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. One particular flash drive is not working on one particular computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One particular flash drive is not working on one particular computer: I have a laptop, computer A, and a brand new Lexar 128GB flash drive. When I plug the flash drive into computer A, it doesn't work. If I try to open File Explorer specifically to This PC, to show all drives or try to open Disk Management, both freeze, and neither window will...
  7. One particular flash drive is not working on one particular computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One particular flash drive is not working on one particular computer: I have a laptop, computer A, and a brand new Lexar 128GB flash drive. When I plug the flash drive into computer A, it doesn't work. If I try to open File Explorer specifically to This PC, to show all drives or try to open Disk Management, both freeze, and neither window will...
  8. One particular flash drive is not working on one particular computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Ethernet not working after power outage flicker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet not working after power outage flicker: I'll try to be brief. I have a router on one end of the house with an ethernet cable running underneath to the opposite end into a netgear box that runs ethernet to 2 desktops. Our power flickered and now we're not getting internet, wifi still works from the router. Internet...
  10. Data gain after power outage?

in Windows 10 Support
    Data gain after power outage?: Just lol. Power went out and came back after 5 mins. and at boot Windows wanted to scan & repair C:, I let it (was fast due to SSD). After that, in the desktop I saw a intact personal text file from 2017 October. Just how? edit: now I'm thinking maybe that file was...