Windows 10: After a recent feature update I am facing problems with the integrated cameras on my laptop

Discus and support After a recent feature update I am facing problems with the integrated cameras on my laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am running Windows 10 version 1909 OS Build 18363.778 on Lenovo T480. After a recent feature update I can't say exactly which system update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KrishnaKishore Y, May 4, 2020.

1. After a recent feature update I am facing problems with the integrated cameras on my laptop

Hello,

I am running Windows 10 version 1909 OS Build 18363.778 on Lenovo T480.

After a recent feature update I can't say exactly which system update was installed, I am either not able to use the main integrated camera or the IR camera. IR camera stopped working altogether the IR LEDs do not start blinking during the login process and system reports an error - "can't open the camera". And the main integrated camera Webcam? shows "active" with the LED getting on but there is no image seen it's just a crossed camera icon. The Webcam status is true for any application that tries to use it internal Camera App, Chrome Camera App or any other video conf application.

I tried to update the drivers from Windows, Lenovo websites and at least I don't see any errors pertaining to driver version. It always says that I have the best driver installed.

After a bit of Internet search, I came across the Registry editor where people suggested me to add an entry to disable FrameServerMode under the path "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Media Foundation\Platform". When I added a DWORD EnableFrameServerMode with a Hex value of "0", the webcam works in all applications but the integrated IR does not still work - thus Windows Hello fails too.

However, after changing this DWORD EnableFrameServerMode to a non zero hex value >1, then I can get the IR camera work but not the main camera.

People also suggested adding a similar DWORD at Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows Media Foundation\Platform too but this does not have any effect at all - perhaps, I don't use any 32-bit applications.

So, the summary:

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Media Foundation\Platform -->

DWORD EnableFrameServerMode - Hex value 0: main integrated camera works. Integrated IR camera does not not even active

DWORD EnableFrameServerMode - Hex value >=1: Integrated IR camera works but the main camera does not active but no image

Can someone please help me activate both the cameras, so I can use Windows Hello as well as use the "Camera" apps?

Thanks!
    Krishna

:)

KrishnaKishore Y, May 4, 2020

2. Problem with Lenovo integrated camera

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this. This issue may arise due to driver corruption issue. Kindly follow the below given steps to
    troubleshoot the issue:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2:

You may also update the Camera driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.
    • Expand “Other devices”.
    • Right click on the “Integrated webcam” drivers and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Method 3:

If issue persist, I suggest you to try installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the Integrated webcam drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
      and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Do reply if you need further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, May 4, 2020
  3. integrated laptop camera not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that laptop camera is not working.

This could be due to hardware conflicts.

Do you get any error code or error messages?

I suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to runthe Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • ClickonHardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Method 2:

I suggest you to install/update the drivers for integrated webcam from the device manager. Kindly refer the below given link to do so:

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Method 3:

If issue persist, I suggest you to try installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode
    and check if that helps.

• Download the Integrated webcam drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, May 4, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

After a recent feature update I am facing problems with the integrated cameras on my laptop

windows hello face problem...

List of Windows Hello supported Dell Laptops:

After a recent feature update I am facing problems with the integrated cameras on my laptop [​IMG]

Edwin, May 4, 2020
Thema:

After a recent feature update I am facing problems with the integrated cameras on my laptop

1. After a recent feature update I am facing problems with the integrated cameras on my laptop - Similar Threads - recent feature update

2. I am facing a problem recently.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am facing a problem recently.: Every time when I turn on or restart my computer, it shows me 0xc000012f notice, also I can't go to the security setting to set up, it's constantly freezing there.I am using windows 11 pro, so how can I fix this problem...
  3. I am facing a problem recently.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am facing a problem recently.: Every time when I turn on or restart my computer, it shows me 0xc000012f notice, also I can't go to the security setting to set up, it's constantly freezing there.I am using windows 11 pro, so how can I fix this problem...
  4. Problem with the integrated laptop camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with the integrated laptop camera: I have a problem in Windows 10 with the camera on my laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X250. The camera works properly with the Windows 10 app. However, if I try to use it in another app e.g. Google meet, Teams, Zoom, etc it doesn't work. I already verified, and I have granted...
  5. I am recently facing a problem in the latest updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am recently facing a problem in the latest updates: Hello Community, I am recently facing a problem installing the updates. This is not the 20H2 updates. These are the cummulative updates for 20H2. The error code it shows is 0x80070002. Here is a screenshot of the update window: [ATTACH]I tried retrying it several times. It...
  6. I am facing this strange problem with my laptop's screen. I face it every now and then and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am facing this strange problem with my laptop's screen. I face it every now and then and...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Bettermercury [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k6tjqv/i_am_facing_this_strange_problem_with_my_laptops/
  7. Unable to My Dell laptop after the recent feature update 1903

Unable to My Dell laptop after the recent feature update 1903: I've got some issue with the battery charging after the latest update 1903. While starting the machine for the first time after the update, it has gone to BIOS setup and showed me a warning like I've been using a 35W charger instead of a 45W one though I'm using the same 45W...
  8. Intel Integrated graphics and webcam problems after recent update

Intel Integrated graphics and webcam problems after recent update: Hi all. I am having an issue with the drivers for my Intel graphics and logitech web cam since a recent update. The message in drvier properties for the graphics is: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)...
  9. I am faced with a problem installing the feature update to Windows 10, version 1903

I am faced with a problem installing the feature update to Windows 10, version 1903: Hi Everyone! While trying to click on 'download and install' the feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 via the Windows 10 live update, I got this error below after some time of showing me the status as "initializing". My existing Windows 10 is verizon 1803 (OS Build...
  10. my laptop integrated camera is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my laptop integrated camera is not working: I have brought a new laptop recently ,everything worked fine but few days ago the camera stopped working, there is a camera symbol with / over it. there isn't any error message when opened . I tried updating the drivers ,uninstalling the drivers and re-installing it ,I also...