Windows 10: after a recent update, everything on my computer is now blurry. What can be done?

Discus and support after a recent update, everything on my computer is now blurry. What can be done? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I got into to work this morning and everything is blurry. I have tried to toggle the scaling on/off button. I am not sure what happened and how to fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chad McFarland, May 1, 2023.

1. after a recent update, everything on my computer is now blurry. What can be done?

I got into to work this morning and everything is blurry. I have tried to toggle the scaling on/off button. I am not sure what happened and how to fix it.

:)

Chad McFarland, May 1, 2023

2. Text blurrying out casually?

Hi Alessio, welcome to the Microsoft community, my name is Bruno Leonel, I am happy to help you.

I understand that you're having issues with blurry text on your new monitor, and I'm really sorry about that. I will try to help you in the best possible way.

In some cases, the problem can be caused by a loose or faulty cable.

See if the cable is tight on the monitor and also on the computer. If the problem persists, consider replacing the cable.

I suggest initially that you try to perform the steps below:

Step 1

Use ClearType

Open the menu and search for "Adjust ClearType Text" and click trim to open.

Follow the steps on the screen that will open.

step 2

Click "Start Menu" and click "Settings" > "System".

In "System", click "Display", the option "Change the size of text, apps and other items", set it to 100%. If it already is, go to the next step.

step 3

Open Windows 10/11 search and type fix blurry apps. In the list of options, click Fix apps that are blurry settings.

This will open the Advanced Scaling Settings page.

You need to enable the toggle button behind 'Let Windows try to fix apps so they aren't blurry'

step 4

Update the video driver by the manufacturer.

Press Win + R keys and type MSinfo32.

Check the manufacturer and access the website, download the video driver and install it.

If you have an NVIDIA or RADEON graphics card, search for the card model and install the latest driver version.

If the answer helped in any way, please mark it as an answer, if your question has not been solved, please post again.

I hope I helped, see you later!

Bruno A. Leonel, May 1, 2023
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Blurry downloaded images

Hi,

Outdated graphics card driver is one of the possible reasons why you are having a blurry downloaded images on your computer. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which browser are you using to download the image?
    • Have you tried using another browser and check if you will encounter the same issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried updating your graphics card driver to its latest update?
    • Which app are you using to open the images?

Regards.

Eric Ber, May 1, 2023
  4. after a recent update, everything on my computer is now blurry. What can be done?

Recently used items does not show after a recent Windows update

Hello Timothy,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

To be able to assist you better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

1) Did you make any recent changes to the computer?

2) Did you check if similar issues occur when logged in to the computer using a different user account?

3) Do you have any system restore point set prior to the issue?

To check if there is any Restore Point already created, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select System.

• In the left pane, click on System Protection.

• Select the option to system restore > next. It will show all restore points already created.

4) What is the particular Windows update you are referring to?

To do so, you need to check the settings through Windows update. Follow the below steps.
    • Open the Settings Charm with the shortcut Windows Key
      after a recent update, everything on my computer is now blurry. What can be done? Windows_Key.png
      +
      I.
    • Click/tap Change PC settings.
    • Click on the Update and recovery and click on the View your update history.
    • You will now see a list of your installed Windows Updates. If you click on any one of the
      "Successfully installed on (date)" links

As an initial step towards troubleshooting, I suggest you to check if the 'recently used item' feature is hidden. If yes, uncheck the options. Follow the below steps.

• Right click on Taskbar and choose Properties.
    • Select the tab Start Menu.
    • Uncheck both the options for:

1) Store and display recently opened programs in the Start Menu

2) Store and display recently opened items in the Start Menu and the Task Bar
    • Also select a higher number recent items to display in Jump List

If the above does not apply, please follow the below suggested methods and check in case if it is a functionality issue in Windows.

Method 1

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

Ref: Using System File Checker
    in Windows 10

Method 2

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state or were irrecoverable, then I suggest you to try the following steps to deploy the DISM command lines:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click command prompt (Run as administrator).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 1, 2023
Thema:

after a recent update, everything on my computer is now blurry. What can be done?

1. after a recent update, everything on my computer is now blurry. What can be done? - Similar Threads - recent update everything

2. Pc won't boot after an update. What can be done?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc won't boot after an update. What can be done?: My PC recently wanted to automatically update, which it did. But it has failed to boot after. And even as l have tried the safe mode boot system, l can not go any further, it still gets stuck on the booting process. Also, l am unable to even login, so most attempts have...
  3. Pc won't boot after an update. What can be done?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc won't boot after an update. What can be done?: My PC recently wanted to automatically update, which it did. But it has failed to boot after. And even as l have tried the safe mode boot system, l can not go any further, it still gets stuck on the booting process. Also, l am unable to even login, so most attempts have...
  4. after a recent update, everything on my computer is now blurry. What can be done?

after a recent update, everything on my computer is now blurry. What can be done?: I got into to work this morning and everything is blurry. I have tried to toggle the scaling on/off button. I am not sure what happened and how to fix it....
  5. after a recent update, everything on my computer is now blurry. What can be done?

in Windows 10 Customization
    after a recent update, everything on my computer is now blurry. What can be done?: I got into to work this morning and everything is blurry. I have tried to toggle the scaling on/off button. I am not sure what happened and how to fix it....
  6. Had issues with recent update what can be done?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Had issues with recent update what can be done?: To whom it may concern: I recently had an update occur on my Windows 10 machine, NVIDIA - Display - 31.0.15.2802 that is causing numerous subsequent issues. One shows that the control panel for NVIDIA cannot be found. However, more importantly, all of my apps, shortcuts,...
  7. Had issues with recent update what can be done?

Had issues with recent update what can be done?: To whom it may concern: I recently had an update occur on my Windows 10 machine, NVIDIA - Display - 31.0.15.2802 that is causing numerous subsequent issues. One shows that the control panel for NVIDIA cannot be found. However, more importantly, all of my apps, shortcuts,...
  8. Had issues with recent update what can be done?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Lockscreen image blurry after recent update (?)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lockscreen image blurry after recent update (?): Pretty sure KB4511555 is to blame for my Lockscreen images coming through blurry. No matter which image I choose, they all come through blurry. Despite uninstalling and reinstalling all pertinent drivers the problem continues. Are we supposed to wait for a Microsoft fix for...
  10. Everything on my computer is blurry

in Windows 10 Support
    Everything on my computer is blurry: All of the text, images, etc. have become blurry for some reason. This is especially noticeable when zoomed in with the Magnifier tool. I just updated (I believe to version 1803), and this wasn't happening until after the update. To specify, when looking at the text and...