Windows 10: After a recent update I was required to use a password to open my PC. After doing that, I...

Discus and support After a recent update I was required to use a password to open my PC. After doing that, I... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot open files, or file explorer after windows update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JACKWOLTEMAR, Jan 28, 2020.

1. After a recent update I was required to use a password to open my PC. After doing that, I...

I cannot open files, or file explorer after windows update.

:)

JACKWOLTEMAR, Jan 28, 2020

2. Log in requires password

Since a recent update the PC now requires a password to log in.

I have tried Windows Key - netplwiz and unchecked "users must use password...."

There are no other users shown in the listing.

I use my Windows account as my log in which is also the administrator account.

Also on restart the lock screen shows - pretty picture and no taskbar. I have to press spacebar to release that and then it shows my account and requires a password input.

carrotmuseum, Jan 28, 2020
  3. Enable Require password on Wake up Windows 10

To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest disabling and
    enabling
    the Require a password on wakeup settings on your power plan
    by following the steps below:

• Open the Advanced power settings for your current chosen
      power plan
    • Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link.
    • Set the Require a password on wakeup settings to Yes
      or No, and click on OK.

Once done with the steps, let us know how it goes.

Jefferson Ore, Jan 28, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

After a recent update I was required to use a password to open my PC. After doing that, I...

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond After a recent update I was required to use a password to open my PC. After doing that, I... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

After a recent update I was required to use a password to open my PC. After doing that, I...

1. After a recent update I was required to use a password to open my PC. After doing that, I... - Similar Threads - recent update was

2. My PC requires me to change my expired password but I can't remember using a password. I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC requires me to change my expired password but I can't remember using a password. I...: My PC requires me to change my expired password but I can't remember using a password. I have been using this same system for weeks and it just pops up today. I have tried all the passwords I know...
  3. My PC requires me to change my expired password but I can't remember using a password. I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC requires me to change my expired password but I can't remember using a password. I...: My PC requires me to change my expired password but I can't remember using a password. I have been using this same system for weeks and it just pops up today. I have tried all the passwords I know...
  4. AFTER UPDATE- LOGIN REQUIRES PIN. I USE A PASSWORD - LOCKED OUT OF MY LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AFTER UPDATE- LOGIN REQUIRES PIN. I USE A PASSWORD - LOCKED OUT OF MY LAPTOP: Hello. I have the same issue with a different situation. I have Windows 11. My Dell laptop was turned on a couple of days ago and an windows update immediately started. Was not concerned until I finally went to login and a pin was requested instead of a password. I have never...
  5. AFTER UPDATE- LOGIN REQUIRES PIN. I USE A PASSWORD - LOCKED OUT OF MY LAPTOP

AFTER UPDATE- LOGIN REQUIRES PIN. I USE A PASSWORD - LOCKED OUT OF MY LAPTOP: Hello. I have the same issue with a different situation. I have Windows 11. My Dell laptop was turned on a couple of days ago and an windows update immediately started. Was not concerned until I finally went to login and a pin was requested instead of a password. I have never...
  6. After Recent Windows Update, Drivers Break After a Time. What do I do?

After Recent Windows Update, Drivers Break After a Time. What do I do?: After the last few windows updates at time of posting within the last three or so, specific drivers seem to "break" after my computer goes into sleep mode or is on for a set period of time unsure which.The specific drivers in question are three drivers called "USB Input...
  7. I can't use internet on my pc after an update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't use internet on my pc after an update: Since an update on security in October my internet acces is blocked on every app and everything else. I disinstalled the update back in October but now I can't do it anymore because it doesn't give me the option to do it. I think there is a problem with firewall but I don't...
  8. After latest update Password required.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    After latest update Password required.: I did turn the password requirement off/to never in settings, but now after the update I have to sign in to windows each time after a new start. It is not a big issue for me, just wondering if it was like this for everyone. 170257
  9. When I first got my PC it used to require a password after the display timed out not sleep....

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I first got my PC it used to require a password after the display timed out not sleep....: Title, basically. I know how to require a password on wakeup from sleep, but specifically I want my PC to, after the display times out, require a password upon resuming. I've googled all over and the only results I get back have to do with sleep....
  10. After rebooting, how do I force my PC to require a password?

in Windows 10 Support
    After rebooting, how do I force my PC to require a password?: Hello How do I force my PC to require a password when logging in? I tried running NETPLWIZ but although "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer" is ticked this is NOT TRUE. As things stand after I reboot, the username is defaulted and I simply...