Windows 10: After a recent update my Windows setting have change.

Discus and support After a recent update my Windows setting have change. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After a recent update my Windows setting have change. My wallpaper is gone, my taskbar has changed, and my Office 365 license also isn't working. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BrianP0427, Mar 16, 2021.

1. After a recent update my Windows setting have change.

After a recent update my Windows setting have change. My wallpaper is gone, my taskbar has changed, and my Office 365 license also isn't working. I am not sure what else is affected at this time. Can I restore these settings somehow?

:)

BrianP0427, Mar 16, 2021
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Have you tried the following? how to disable "recent places" in MS Word? - Super User

jaamulberry, Mar 16, 2021
  4. jbailey8 Win User

After a recent update my Windows setting have change.

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

After a recent update my Windows setting have change.

1. After a recent update my Windows setting have change. - Similar Threads - recent update setting

2. After the recent update, my folder view settings keep resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After the recent update, my folder view settings keep resetting: I always have my folder view set to a specific preference, in terms of order, icon/list view/size, with absolutely no grouping honestly I just find that grouping thing annoying. However, ever since a recent update, every single folder has reset to plain list view, ordered by...
  3. recent big update this week changed my default settings and keeps changing them back after...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recent big update this week changed my default settings and keeps changing them back after...: I go to the settings page and go back to my original default settings, but after a reboot it keeps going back to making Edge my default browser, and docs on one drive and adobe edge... getting very annoying...looks like you are pushing your other products as defaults... I...
  4. Windows deactivated (and edition changed!) after recent update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows deactivated (and edition changed!) after recent update: Had this PC 2 years. After the recent Windows Update it says it's not activated. ADT and LicensingDiag outputs are attached. Version 1809, OS Build 17763.864. Details below; some differ from the more usual scenario for these questions (of which I've read several dozen):...
  5. having issues after recently updates on win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    having issues after recently updates on win10: 1. no volume during watching video, I found the ways to solve it, however, it doesn't work(sometimes it works for a while) 2. cannot type Chinese anymore(everywhere!) 3.Microsoft Edge doesnt work anymore 2019.09.15 all happened today. cant figure out why this all happened...
  6. all my settings have changed on my laptop, after latest update install.

all my settings have changed on my laptop, after latest update install.: I am currently using a Toshiba Satellite lap top computer and installed the latest update to windows 10. All my settings IE: power down, micro phone, camera, ETC. is all on and active even though it is turned off in the settings. the power being the biggest issue. When I...
  7. Monitor settings change after recent 1903 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor settings change after recent 1903 update: I read a ton of people have had this issue for several years. My issue just happened August 2019. Seems like after an update. On sleep or restart the monitor 2 settings only go to 1600x1280. I tried everything. Here is my stupid work around. 1. Delete display driver and...
  8. language changes after recent update

language changes after recent update: hello there, i am using hebrew as my default language, after recent updates in some places i see toolbars in English, it never happen before: As you can see when i right click on desktop i have half the options in Hebrew and half in English.. also, all of my control...
  9. recent updates have have disabled my computer. It changed my pin which I have since...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    recent updates have have disabled my computer. It changed my pin which I have since...: Recent updates have disabled my computer. Initially it prevented me from gaining access by changing my pin number. This has been corrected as it changed the pin to one that was never used with this computer, This has been corrected. The second problem is that it is dening me...
  10. Unable to change my screen brightness after recent updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to change my screen brightness after recent updates: Since the latest update of my windows on 17 September, 2018 I am unable to change my screen brightness. I don't know why windows is giving so many updates. I am from India and the internet speed is not good at everyplace so in every 10 days updating my windows is a hard...