Windows 10: After a recent update to my windows 10 PC I am locked out of administrator account

Discus and support After a recent update to my windows 10 PC I am locked out of administrator account in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HELLO AFTER A RECENT UPDATE TO MY PC CO,PUTER WINDOWS 10, MY ADMINISTRATOR PASSWOR OR PIN, WILL NOT LET ME ACCESS MY COMPUTER, I FIRST NOTICED THIS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoyceGQF, Nov 1, 2020.

1. JoyceGQF Win User

After a recent update to my windows 10 PC I am locked out of administrator account

HELLO

AFTER A RECENT UPDATE TO MY PC CO,PUTER WINDOWS 10, MY ADMINISTRATOR PASSWOR OR PIN, WILL NOT LET ME ACCESS MY COMPUTER,

I FIRST NOTICED THIS WHEN I COUND NOT GET ON MY INTERNET THEN SAW THAT AIRPLANE MODE IS STUCK IN THE ON POSITION.

DO I HAVE ONE PROBLEM HERE OR TWO? I AAPPRECIATE ANY HELP THE COMMUNITY CAN SEND MY WAY. THANK YOU.

:)

JoyceGQF, Nov 1, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 1, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown After a recent update to my windows 10 PC I am locked out of administrator account :(

Zakin, Nov 1, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

After a recent update to my windows 10 PC I am locked out of administrator account

95Viper, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

1. After a recent update to my windows 10 PC I am locked out of administrator account - Similar Threads - recent update locked

2. Locked out of administrative account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of administrative account: Hi,I signed into our new workstation using my work/school account. After that I made a local account without using an email address, just a username and password and changed its type to administrative while changing my work/school account type to standard. After restarting...
  3. I am locked out of my account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am locked out of my account.: I have just logged into my account on a new device. The moment I logged in, I was prompted with "Help us protect your account." I try to verify other accounts but it does not work. What do I mean by it does not work? Well it goes back into the "Help us protect your account"...
  4. I am locked out of my account.

I am locked out of my account.: I have just logged into my account on a new device. The moment I logged in, I was prompted with "Help us protect your account." I try to verify other accounts but it does not work. What do I mean by it does not work? Well it goes back into the "Help us protect your account"...
  5. I am locked out of my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am locked out of my pc: I am locked out of my pc. It tells me i have entered an incorrect pin too many times. Now I don't even have the option to sign in with my password. How can i do a system restore to a previous date before this happened?Thank you!...
  6. I am locked out of my pc

I am locked out of my pc: I am locked out of my pc. It tells me i have entered an incorrect pin too many times. Now I don't even have the option to sign in with my password. How can i do a system restore to a previous date before this happened?Thank you!...
  7. After Windows update on 8/25/2020 I am locked out of my Administrator account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After Windows update on 8/25/2020 I am locked out of my Administrator account: Hello Microsoft On 8/25/2020 the following updates were added to my Windows 10 Dell Computer: Windows KB 4569745 Adobe Flash Player Windows KB 4566782 Security Update KB 4570334 Now I am not able to open my administrator account I continually loose my Wi Fi...
  8. Locked out of Administrator Windows 10 Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of Administrator Windows 10 Account: I can't log in to my Windows 10 home account. The pin is not working either. I can sign into my windows online account fine, but I'm not 100% sure that the Windows 10 home account is a local account. I've tried shift, restart and then trying to go into safe mode, but it...
  9. Locked out administrator account in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out administrator account in Windows 10: Hello, I have three users. one is administrator and two are users group. I tried many times wrong password and now account (admin) is disabled. I should unlock it explicitly. but other users are limited. How can unlock administrator account? (I'm learning windows 10 and...
  10. I am locked out of my Administrator account (very complicated issue)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I am locked out of my Administrator account (very complicated issue): I am currently on a different computer than the one where I am locked out of the Administrator account. Less than 3 weeks ago, I bought a new laptop that came with Windows 10 installed. When I finally set up the new laptop and tried out Windows 10 for the first time, I was...