Windows 10: After a recent Windows update my printer was no longer available.

Discus and support After a recent Windows update my printer was no longer available. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I tried to reinstall the printer (HP) but it will not complete the install. I reset my computer (Win 10) to no avail, the issue is still with me. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WilliamCrowley2, Dec 11, 2019.

1. After a recent Windows update my printer was no longer available.

I tried to reinstall the printer (HP) but it will not complete the install. I reset my computer (Win 10) to no avail, the issue is still with me. I checked device manager and the printer does not show up. I understand it is an update problem and I am now at Windows Home, Version 1909 (installed 11/20/19) OS build 18363.476 and still the problem persists. What can I do?

:)

WilliamCrowley2, Dec 11, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

No printer drive available for Printer under Devices and Printer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you see “No drivers available” for printer under Devices and Printers in Control Panel. However, it would be great if you can help us with the details requested below:

• What is the make and model of the printer?
    • Are you able to print documents using the printer?
    • When you say, “Is this why my fax isn't working” what happens when you try to use fax?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • May I know which update was installed recently? To check go to
      Start >> Settings >> Update & Security >> Windows Update >> View update history.

We would suggest you to check if the drivers are installed on the computer or not. Please refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Printers and see if the printer is listed.

If the printer driver is not installed, we would suggest you to download the drivers from the printer manufacturer’s website and install them.

For more information, see
    Fix printer connection and printing problems in Windows 10

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 11, 2019
  3. Recent Windows 10 update and printer problems

Hi Kathie,

This issue could be an incompatibility with the setting or some corruption within the device driver after the update. As initial troubleshooting, we suggest running the built-in printer troubleshooter on your Windows PC. To access and run the troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• Click the Windows icon.
    • Choose Settings.
    • Under Settings, choose Update & Security.
    • On the options on the left hand side of the window, click Troubleshoot.
    • Under Get up and running, select Printer and click Run the troubleshooter.

We’ll be waiting for any updates regarding the issue.

Arthur Rui, Dec 11, 2019
  4. After a recent Windows update my printer was no longer available.

Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

After a recent Windows update my printer was no longer available.

1. After a recent Windows update my printer was no longer available. - Similar Threads - recent update printer

2. Mouse no longer working after recent windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse no longer working after recent windows update: After the most recent update windows no longer detects my mouse. I cannot see my cursor.I know that my mouse and usb work fine as I used them on my laptop without issue. The USB ports on my pc are also functioning perfectly. I am sure that the update itself is the issue...
  3. Mouse no longer working after recent windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse no longer working after recent windows update: After the most recent update windows no longer detects my mouse. I cannot see my cursor.I know that my mouse and usb work fine as I used them on my laptop without issue. The USB ports on my pc are also functioning perfectly. I am sure that the update itself is the issue...
  4. Mouse no longer working after recent windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. After a recent update I can no longer access a shared printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After a recent update I can no longer access a shared printer: My wife has been printing remotely for years from her laptop to the shared printer on my desktop. This has suddenly stopped working on both of our laptops which can no longer connect to the shared printer. Googling this problem, I see that a lot of people have been...
  6. After a recent update I can no longer access a shared printer

After a recent update I can no longer access a shared printer: My wife has been printing remotely for years from her laptop to the shared printer on my desktop. This has suddenly stopped working on both of our laptops which can no longer connect to the shared printer. Googling this problem, I see that a lot of people have been...
  7. After a recent update I can no longer access a shared printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. 3840 x 2160 monitor no longer available after recent Windows 10 update

3840 x 2160 monitor no longer available after recent Windows 10 update: Did a series of large updates for Windows 10 last week and ever since then have not been able to get 3840 x 2160 resolution for my monitor. It does not even give me the option to switch to it. Have uninstalled and reinstalled graphics drivers already, so please don't suggest...
  9. Can no longer log in after recent update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can no longer log in after recent update: Recently, my PC installed the latest updates, and now I can't log in. When trying the fingerprint scanner it says, "Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer." If I try to enter my password, I get the message "The sign-in method...
  10. Chrome no longer functions after recent Windows update

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome no longer functions after recent Windows update: just get Aw Snap! as soon as it starts up [img] when I attempt to learn more, I learn nothing [img] 62293