Windows 10: After a recent Windows upgrade my scanner doesn't work

Discus and support After a recent Windows upgrade my scanner doesn't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On 19th May there was an upgrade to Windows 10 and ever since then my scanner fails to work (error message: "cannot communicate with the scanner"). I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mj6602, May 20, 2019.

1. mj6602 Win User

After a recent Windows upgrade my scanner doesn't work

On 19th May there was an upgrade to Windows 10 and ever since then my scanner fails to work (error message: "cannot communicate with the scanner"). I have reinstalled drivers and scanner updates and had my IT consultant working on it all afternoon without success. I did some troubleshooting on the programme that I use to open the scanner and received a report that says: "incompatible program; escndv is incompatible" - although it was before the upgrade. I have also tried the microsoft scanner app. This does allow the scanner to open but only seems to allow scanning from the scanner glass and does not seem to either auto detect the feed tray or allow that option. It also happens to be a vastly inferior programme to the one I used to use which allowed all sorts of other features (e.g. Professional mode, colour changes etc.).

:)

mj6602, May 20, 2019

2. What flat bed scanners work under Windows 10?

At least with the Canon, I didn't come across any Windows 10 drivers, but that's reasonable to expect with such an old scanner. Did you really buy this one recently from Amazon?

My suggestion would be to just look in to any recent scanner and make sure it lists Windows 10 compatibility. Know what you are buying before you purchase.

DeaconFrost, May 20, 2019
  3. Bushka Win User
    Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, May 20, 2019
  4. jds63 Win User

What flat bed scanners work under Windows 10?

*Ditto On that last sentence.

jds63, May 20, 2019
Thema:

1. After a recent Windows upgrade my scanner doesn't work - Similar Threads - recent upgrade scanner

2. All-in-one scanner will not work after upgrade.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All-in-one scanner will not work after upgrade.: I upgraded my laptop and have the all-in-one printer/scanner. I downloaded and installed the driver from Epson support site; however, scanner doesn't work. Error message states it cannot communicate with scanner....
  3. All-in-one scanner will not work after upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All-in-one scanner will not work after upgrade.: I upgraded my laptop and have the all-in-one printer/scanner. I downloaded and installed the driver from Epson support site; however, scanner doesn't work. Error message states it cannot communicate with scanner....
  4. All-in-one scanner will not work after upgrade.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Hello fingerprint scanner no longer working after upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Hello fingerprint scanner no longer working after upgrade: I have just installed the latest Windows 10 upgrades; upon restarting the laptop the only options to login are a pin and a password; fingerprint doesn't work. When going to settings the system claims "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello...
  6. Fingerprint Scanner not Working After Recent Update to Windows

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint Scanner not Working After Recent Update to Windows: I have an HP Envy with a fingerprint scanner, which worked fine until I did a Windows update today. I checked my settings and it says, "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint."...
  7. My fingerprint scanner doesn't work to setup.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My fingerprint scanner doesn't work to setup.: My fingerprint sensor is on synaptics 6.0.22.1111 and does not work, when I go to set it up in setting I put my finger on the scanner and right away it says "Sorry something went wrong try closing windows hello and going through the setup process again." Here's what I've...
  8. printer works / scanner doesn't

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer works / scanner doesn't: I have a Epson XP-640 printer scanner. Printer works great and always have. I have never needed the scanner part until now. I can not get it to scan. My computer recognizes the printer. I bought a new USB cord but it still won't scan. I don't know what I am missing....
  9. Jack Mic doesn't work after recent windows updates

Jack Mic doesn't work after recent windows updates: Hello, The endpoint we currently using is Dell 3060 installed Win 10 Pro, before the update, we have a Jack Mic device as the default input device and it works fine. But after the update, the Jack Mic doesn't works, the headset was plugged in as same as before, but the...
  10. Jack Mic doesn't works after recent windows updates

Jack Mic doesn't works after recent windows updates: Hello, The endpoint we currently using is Dell 3060 installed Win 10 Pro, before the update, we have a Jack Mic device as the default input device and it works fine. But after the update, the Jack Mic doesn't works, the headset was plugged in as same as before, but the...