Windows 10: After a Roll-UP update I got some strange effects about the file explorer

Discus and support After a Roll-UP update I got some strange effects about the file explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Last week I received a roll-up upgrade (Windows 10 Pro US-International) and after that I got strange activities about the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohanAnsems, Nov 1, 2019.

1. After a Roll-UP update I got some strange effects about the file explorer

Hi everyone,

Last week I received a roll-up upgrade (Windows 10 Pro US-International) and after that I got strange activities about the file explorer. The refresh of the screen isn't normal. Everything from the screen disappears and comes back not completely. I've included a screenshot. The roll-up upgrade can't be uninstalled. So how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance, Johan

After a Roll-UP update I got some strange effects about the file explorer 4d9cee2d-ecd5-4b7a-a419-8ecc4d74b171?upload=true.png

:)

JohanAnsems, Nov 1, 2019

2. Windows 10 File Explorer crashes strangely when resized

Hi,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

This might be a temporary issue on your computer.

I suggest you to sign-in out from the current user account, restart the computer, sign-in and check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step : Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

Follow the steps given below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the
      System Maintenance

• Click on Next to perform the System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Step 2: End the Windows Explorer process and create the new one.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, under Process
      tab, search for Windows Explorer.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Click on File in the Task Manager
      at top left corner of the window and select Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe and click on Ok.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of accessing File Explorer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 1, 2019
  3. camera roll

Hi Rosalyn,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps for arranging the camera pictures in recent order and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+E” it will open file explorer.
    • Go to “This PC” and click on “pictures folder”.
    • Then click on “camera roll folder”.
    • And right click on the empty space and select “sort by” option.
    • Then select ascending option.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 1, 2019
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

After a Roll-UP update I got some strange effects about the file explorer

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

After a Roll-UP update I got some strange effects about the file explorer

1. After a Roll-UP update I got some strange effects about the file explorer - Similar Threads - Roll update got

2. 23h2 Windows file explorer roll back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    23h2 Windows file explorer roll back: I initially had issues installing the 23h2 feature update and I decided to reinstall windows with the windows 11 ISO which I downloaded this week. Install went fine and the feature update installed perfectly. However today when booted up I was prompted restart for a Windows...
  3. i accidentally got a virus that messed up some of my system files

i accidentally got a virus that messed up some of my system files: my windows security service is missing windows defender doesn't work reset this pc too and the only restore point i have is when the problem is already there when i try to do an ESD-ISO install it takes for lever or gets stuck on 14% plz anyone can help +windows upadte is...
  4. i accidentally got a virus that messed up some of my system files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i accidentally got a virus that messed up some of my system files: my windows security service is missing windows defender doesn't work reset this pc too and the only restore point i have is when the problem is already there when i try to do an ESD-ISO install it takes for lever or gets stuck on 14% plz anyone can help +windows upadte is...
  5. i accidentally got a virus that messed up some of my system files

6. i accidentally got a virus that messed up some of my system files

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Strange pop-up notice after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Strange pop-up notice after update: Anyone know what is this earth-shape pop-up notifications which I cannot click or get rid of it? It showed up after I installed feature updates 20h2. If I restart, it shows up suddenly in the righ-hand bottom corner which covers my 1/4 screeen. Hope someone can help!...
  8. File Explorer keeps rolling back to top

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer keeps rolling back to top: When there are a lot of files, File Explorer Windows 10 won't let me scroll all the way down to the bottom to look at them all, it keeps returning to the top. This just started recently. What do I need to do to fix it? Thanks....
  9. Strange file explorer behaviour

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange file explorer behaviour: This is quite odd, but doesn't happen very often, only once or twice a week maybe. I'll have file explorer open, and be using something else, for example chrome, maximised. All of a sudden for no apparent reason the file explorer window appears in foreground! Any ideas what...
  10. Some things I like about FIle Explorer ...

in Windows 10 Support
    Some things I like about FIle Explorer ...: Nothing's perfect, but I enjoyed these changes: - an option to not show libraries - options to not show recently used - the scroll wheel works just by hovering over either the nav pane or the file list regardless of which is currently selected 11635

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer and troubleshooter dont display text