Windows 10: After a slow startup, the Lock Screen slams shut before I try to log in!

Discus and support After a slow startup, the Lock Screen slams shut before I try to log in! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I think this situation might have been brought up in relatively different ways, but I have this issue logging in: My HP ENVY laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SgtPepperArc360, Nov 20, 2020.

1. After a slow startup, the Lock Screen slams shut before I try to log in!

Hello.

I think this situation might have been brought up in relatively different ways, but I have this issue logging in:

My HP ENVY laptop immediately returns to the lock screen as soon as I click, press Ctrl+Alt+Del, press the Up arrow key, or - even worse - any other keys on the keyboard! First time I discovered that was after that laptop had come to a complete, dramatic shutdown, and now when I try to turn it on, it takes much longer for it to boot up than it used to. I'm not certain of this but it might be because of a "SMART Hard Disk Error". So I cannot log in to defragment that disk.

No, this does not have a fingerprint scanner, unlike my HP SPECTRE, which I posted this question on.

Is there anything I can do to fix that?

David "SgtPepperArc360" Egan

:)

SgtPepperArc360, Nov 20, 2020
  2. SlipSlice Win User

Slow Startup

Does anybody know why I am having really slow system startups? I don't have extra startup programs than I use to have. The only thing that I think it could be is my antivirus program. I use AVG now since I reformated 2 days ago..and every since then, I have a really slow startup..I don't know if that is the reason..Does anybody have any suggestions, on how to speed my startup? I use to be able to be on my desktop screen in like 35-40 seconds at most. And now it is way over a minute. Any help would be gr8.

-slip*Cool After a slow startup, the Lock Screen slams shut before I try to log in! :cool:

SlipSlice, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Nov 20, 2020
  4. After a slow startup, the Lock Screen slams shut before I try to log in!

Black Lock Screen

Hi Eugen,

As you have already tried to update the driver and changed the settings, I suggest you perform a startup repair by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.

After the Startup Repair is complete, check for the status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

After a slow startup, the Lock Screen slams shut before I try to log in!

1. After a slow startup, the Lock Screen slams shut before I try to log in! - Similar Threads - slow startup Lock

2. Slow startup and slow shut down help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow startup and slow shut down help: Hi guys,So I have some problems with my PC. There was a point in time where my PC couldn't shut down properly and each time i pressed shut down from windows, it keeps rebooting. My fix to that was to fiddle with something from the registry where I had to uncheck something. It...
  3. Slow startup and slow shut down help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow startup and slow shut down help: Hi guys,So I have some problems with my PC. There was a point in time where my PC couldn't shut down properly and each time i pressed shut down from windows, it keeps rebooting. My fix to that was to fiddle with something from the registry where I had to uncheck something. It...
  4. Slow startup and slow shut down help

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Laptop Hibernating, Locking, then shutting down a while after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Hibernating, Locking, then shutting down a while after startup: This happened ever since last Friday. I have never encountered this problem before. After startup, somewhere between 0 mins to 5 mins, my laptop shows "Hibernating" followed by "locking" then it just shuts down. Sometimes it just shuts down without the locking screen....
  6. black screen before startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    black screen before startup: i have a problem When I open the computer, a black screen appears for a minute or two and then it runs Windows. I want a solution to speed up the startup. Note: I use hard hdd, not sdd...
  7. Screen says 'Locking', shuts down and it will not startup now

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen says 'Locking', shuts down and it will not startup now: My wife is using an ASUS laptop, having recently upgrading to the latest windows 10 a week or so ago. She was using Skype for a business call when it came up with a message says that for security reasons, Skype was going to be shutdown. Skype shut itself down and the laptop...
  8. Windows 10 startup problem before log in

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 startup problem before log in: Hello, I have downloaded windows 10 today onto a USB and got it installed to a PC, all was running perfect, I put in the licence key and started to do stuff on the pc for a couple of hours, then click “update and restart”. Now I have been stuck for a while on a black screen...
  9. slow after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow after startup: My computer is very slow after startup(booting is good but after login it takes 3 minutes or more to open google chrome or any another program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-after-startup/81e68cdc-453b-44c0-a425-1f656a7ec7cd
  10. Windows 10 slow startup, short black screen before Welcome screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 slow startup, short black screen before Welcome screen: Hi TenForums people, Firstly i'm sorry if i posted this to the wrong thread im just a junior member lol. So on to my problem... I'm having a much much slower startup time. And i mean really slow. I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64 build 10586.916 on a quadcore AMD...