Windows 10: After a support session logmein failed, my wallpaper is black AND it "migrated" to my OTHER...

Discus and support After a support session logmein failed, my wallpaper is black AND it "migrated" to my OTHER... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I chose to work on Laptop #1 with company to prevent anything from happening to new Laptop #2. Laptop #1: Samsung running Win8.1 with a Shell to mimic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Michelle MRegello, May 16, 2020.

1. After a support session logmein failed, my wallpaper is black AND it "migrated" to my OTHER...

I chose to work on Laptop #1 with company to prevent anything from happening to new Laptop #2.

Laptop #1: Samsung running Win8.1 with a Shell to mimic UI of Win7

The session froze and the support rep asked me to restart the computer. When it came back up, still couldn't access either Start/Shell or Network to restart the internet connection. Did a hard reboot held power button until turned off. After turned on again, selected to connect to internet before entering PIN on signin screen as usual. Logmein Support program had disconnected, but wallpaper remained black. Entered Diagnostic by interrupting hard boot 2x but it wouldn't accept my password... After restart, seems to respond/operate normally, but wallpaper still black.

Later turned on Laptop#2 ASUS Win10 - which now also has a black wallpaper, and a silver taskbar! Discovered it was set to "sharing" and turned off, but wallpaper still black even after repeated rebooting!

OH, and attempts at System Restore fail 0x80070005 ...

:)

Michelle MRegello, May 16, 2020
  2. WiIfred P Win User

Logmein window won't close

Yes Mekendar. The link would direct you to a support page that contains steps on how to disable 3rd party applications running in the background. You would need to follow that instruction on that support page. But on step 3, instead of clicking Disable
    all, kindly go over the list and just uncheck LogMeIn or LMI. Same thing with Step 5. Look if LogMeIn or LMI is on the list and disable it. If there's none, you may skip Step 5.

WiIfred P, May 16, 2020
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    LogMeIn Rescue

Hi Wendy,

This can be due to a LogMeIn Rescue session that wasn't closed properly on your device. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• If you've tried closing the window by pressing the X button.
    • If you've already tried restarting your device after pressing the X button.
    • If Cortana is able to locate the LogMeIn Rescue application.
    • If you're able to see the activities from 4:44 PM upto the 5:24 PM already after booting your device or if you're seeing the entries being posted in intervals.

To allow a support representative to access your device through the LogMeIn Rescue application, the owner of the device must accept the Microsoft agreement and enter a code that will be provided by the support representative to establish a session. To know
    more about LogMeIn Rescue, click on this
    link

In addition, establishing a session using the application requires your device to be connected to the Internet. If you've received the pop-up window while your device isn't connected to the Internet, this isn't considered as an active session.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, May 16, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

After a support session logmein failed, my wallpaper is black AND it "migrated" to my OTHER...

Received Remote Assistance Support from Microsoft - LogMeIn Rescue

Hi Ivy123#, that does all sound legit, this would be common practice for Microsoft Support personnel. Once that support was initiated through the 'Get Help' App, you are Okay . . .

You should uninstall LogMeIn once that support session has ended

Open the old Control Panel (click your Start Button, then just type control and hit Enter)

Go to Programs and Features find LogMeIn in the list of installed applications and choose Uninstall . . .

DaveM121, May 16, 2020
Thema:

After a support session logmein failed, my wallpaper is black AND it "migrated" to my OTHER...

1. After a support session logmein failed, my wallpaper is black AND it "migrated" to my OTHER... - Similar Threads - support session logmein

2. Black wallpaper

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black wallpaper: having an issue where my wallpaper goes black if i mark something and if i open a game it goes completely black https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-wallpaper/081405e4-99d0-4a45-a607-a49be2514ea4
  3. Black wallpaper

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black wallpaper: having an issue where my wallpaper goes black if i mark something and if i open a game it goes completely black https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-wallpaper/081405e4-99d0-4a45-a607-a49be2514ea4
  4. Black wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. resume support session

in Windows 10 Gaming
    resume support session: I wish to pick up where I left off with a support session with Panfilo. I can provide the session number if it is safe to do so. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resume-support-session/3d47bc49-bfa9-4a7b-a0aa-d4ee8e5bdeae
  6. resume support session

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    resume support session: I wish to pick up where I left off with a support session with Panfilo. I can provide the session number if it is safe to do so. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resume-support-session/3d47bc49-bfa9-4a7b-a0aa-d4ee8e5bdeae
  7. resume support session

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. uninstall LogMeIn

in Windows 10 Customization
    uninstall LogMeIn: I was helped by Microsoft to retrieve Word since I rebooted the computer and lost it. It was recovered but the LogMeIn keeps poping up and I can't get rid of it. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-logmein/874bb191-7a3d-41a2-aec9-a034c086d2c0
  9. Microsoft LogMeIn Support Legitimate?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft LogMeIn Support Legitimate?: I made a forum post regarding my Outlook account security a few days ago and had a case opened by Microsoft. I received the case ID in my messages, and was waiting for a phone call, but missed it once on Thursday morning. I messaged a member for support to see when I could...
  10. logmein

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    logmein: I had a windows support tech help me with issues after downloading windows 10 and now the logmein boxes won't disappear. I'm an elderly non tech savvy person and even youtube is not helping me understand this. How do I get rid of this please in simple language. thanks...