Windows 10: After a System restore computer fails to repair

Discus and support After a System restore computer fails to repair in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I did a system restore and after waking up in the morning I saw that the system still didn't restore. So I powered off my device and restored it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by christopher_934, Feb 4, 2021.

1. After a System restore computer fails to repair

So I did a system restore and after waking up in the morning I saw that the system still didn't restore. So I powered off my device and restored it. The acer Logo shows and says its repairing the pc. After that it will give me the advanced options and such. I've tried wiping the pc and that wont even work! i did a sfc scan and it said that windows was unable to do this SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!

:)

christopher_934, Feb 4, 2021
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Failed to complete System Restore

Hello Passegua,

The error code 0x80070005 may indicate a few things that are causing System Restore Failure. It could be corrupted system files, conflict with other programs such as Anti-virus protection, and etc. As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest
    that you perform System restore in Safe Mode. Kindly refer to this link for more information and steps.

Another step that I can suggest is Clean Boot, if the above step fails.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Feb 4, 2021
  3. Auto repair loop triggered by failed system restore

I was having connection issues with my PC and attempted to use a restore point to fix the issue, however it would seem the restore point failed and completely destroyed my computer. Upon finishing it's attempt at restoring the system the Computer shut down unexpectedly - I say 'unexpectedly' because it gave me the message below:

Your PC has ran into a problem

When the computer restarted it was locked in a loop in which "Auto-repair" repeatedly failed to fix the system. I attempted to undo the restore but the Undo failed. Does anyone know how I should move forward?

I should probably clarify further by noting that, as far as I can tell, I'm stuck in a Auto repair loop as a result of a failed system restore.

I'm unable to undo the restore as attempting to do so results in a 0X80070003

user1007908, Feb 4, 2021
  4. Clark Ari Win User

After a System restore computer fails to repair

System Restore - System restore failed to extract the file ...... (0x8007005) error

Hi Loucille,

One of the possible reasons why the error code 0x8007005 occurs when performing system restore is due to corrupted system files that caused software conflicts. Since you have tried several steps to resolve the issue, we recommend that you
    perform a System Restore in safe mode. To boot your device in
    safe mode kindly click on this link. This will start Windows in a basic state, using a limited
    set of files and drivers.

Once done, we suggest that you perform a system restore after booting in safe mode. System Restore will be able to revert your PC or laptop to their previous state, which can be used to repair and recover system malfunctions or issues. Restoring won’t affect
    your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

If in case that the issue persists, we suggest that you run the System File Checker tool. This will be able
    to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore it. We also suggest that you run the DISM command to repair the Windows image on your system. Follow the steps provided
    on this link for the complete guide on how to use
    the tool.

Please post back with the result.

Clark Ari, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

After a System restore computer fails to repair

1. After a System restore computer fails to repair - Similar Threads - System restore computer

2. Preparing automatic repair after system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preparing automatic repair after system restore: Trying to restore my previous changes to my computer and while its restoring the laptop got interrupted by power and now it says automatic repair. I forced the laptop to shutdown then wait before turning it back on but it goes automatically straight to preparing automatic...
  3. Preparing automatic repair after system restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Preparing automatic repair after system restore: Trying to restore my previous changes to my computer and while its restoring the laptop got interrupted by power and now it says automatic repair. I forced the laptop to shutdown then wait before turning it back on but it goes automatically straight to preparing automatic...
  4. Urgent help After system restore computer opening in repair mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Urgent help After system restore computer opening in repair mode: Version 21H1 Windows 10 Japanese updatedComputer Acer E5-576After the recent windows update computer started hanging even Microsoft Outlook hanged a lot. Therefore I used system restore which took 5 hours then it showed will reboot but it did not. Then I started the computer...
  5. Urgent help After system restore computer opening in repair mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Urgent help After system restore computer opening in repair mode: Version 21H1 Windows 10 Japanese updatedComputer Acer E5-576After the recent windows update computer started hanging even Microsoft Outlook hanged a lot. Therefore I used system restore which took 5 hours then it showed will reboot but it did not. Then I started the computer...
  6. Urgent help After system restore computer opening in repair mode

7. Failed System Restore - Failed Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Failed System Restore - Failed Automatic Repair: Greetings everyone. I attempted to Restore (Recover/Reset - whatever it's called now) my 11 month old Lenovo laptop to a previous date. After about 15 minutes it displayed a message saying the process failed and would restart. It never restarted, just shut down. I manually...
  8. Failed System Restore - Failed Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Support
    Failed System Restore - Failed Automatic Repair: Greetings everyone. I attempted to Restore (Recover/Reset - whatever it's called now) my 11 month old Lenovo laptop to a previous date. After about 15 minutes it displayed a message saying the process failed and would restart. It never restarted, just shut down. I manually...
  9. Windows 10 BSoD - Failed System Restore - Failed Automatic Repair

Windows 10 BSoD - Failed System Restore - Failed Automatic Repair: Greetings everyone. I attempted to Restore (Recover/Reset - whatever it's called now) my 11 month old Lenovo laptop to a previous date. After about 15 minutes it displayed a message saying the process failed and would restart. It never restarted, just shut down. I manually...
  10. After system restore fail, my laptop is stuck at repair settings

After system restore fail, my laptop is stuck at repair settings: Hello! My laptop just got stuck on the troubleshoot or restore settings. I also forgot my password and when i click on forgot my password it my laptop restarts and it just becomes a loop. Pls help...