Windows 10: After a while, mouse click fails and only Ctrl Alt Del brings back the functionality

Discus and support After a while, mouse click fails and only Ctrl Alt Del brings back the functionality in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; At various times, my system Win 10 stops recognizing mouse clicks in all the active windows including EDGE or any open window and also the taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rousseau57, Feb 16, 2020.

1. After a while, mouse click fails and only Ctrl Alt Del brings back the functionality

At various times, my system Win 10 stops recognizing mouse clicks in all the active windows including EDGE or any open window and also the taskbar items This happens after using laptop for some times. Im using the Dell laptop with all the up to date drivers. This problem started a few days ago suddenly with no new software installed or made any change to the PC. when the problem occurs, the edge browser stops responding to mouse click, it scrolls up/down automatically. After some times, all the active windows including browsing windows or any open window becomes totally unresponsive to mouse click. Only CTRL-ALT-DEL and hitting the taskmanager button can improve the condition and mouse becomes full functional again for a while, but the same problem returns. I uninstalled the mouse driver and again rebooted it to install again, sfc/scannow, virus check or even did a resetting the PC, added another account.... but the problem persists, even in safe mode. Every driver and software of my pc is updated. I even did a system restore but no change. What should i do next? Anybody to help me out please?

:)

rousseau57, Feb 16, 2020

2. Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

The whole Ctrl+Shift+Esc should be used to get that crazy screen with those options and Ctrl+Alt+Del should bring up TM.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Feb 16, 2020
  3. jonmcc33 Win User
    Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

On a domain you won't get Task Manager when you hit Ctrl+Alt+Del. You get a crazy screen with a bunch of options.

Ctrl+Shift+Esc has always brought up just the Task Manager, even back to Windows XP days. You just weren't aware of it. *Wink After a while, mouse click fails and only Ctrl Alt Del brings back the functionality ;)

Go ahead, try it in Windows XP too.

jonmcc33, Feb 16, 2020
  4. Darknova Win User

After a while, mouse click fails and only Ctrl Alt Del brings back the functionality

Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

Depends on whether you have the Welcome Screen, or the Domain Logon screen at boot up.

Darknova, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

After a while, mouse click fails and only Ctrl Alt Del brings back the functionality

1. After a while, mouse click fails and only Ctrl Alt Del brings back the functionality - Similar Threads - while mouse click

2. My mouse suddenly wont click until I Ctrl+Alt+Del and only then the functionality returns...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse suddenly wont click until I Ctrl+Alt+Del and only then the functionality returns...: I read a previous answer to someone with the same problem and changing the mouse was not solving the problem.The laptop is a HP elitebook 8570w with win 10 installed on it.Thank you for your time....
  3. My mouse suddenly wont click until I Ctrl+Alt+Del and only then the functionality returns...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse suddenly wont click until I Ctrl+Alt+Del and only then the functionality returns...: I read a previous answer to someone with the same problem and changing the mouse was not solving the problem.The laptop is a HP elitebook 8570w with win 10 installed on it.Thank you for your time....
  4. My mouse suddenly wont click until I Ctrl+Alt+Del and only then the functionality returns...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. mouse click doesn't work unless I ctrl-alt-del

mouse click doesn't work unless I ctrl-alt-del: Windows 10 - mouse click doesn't work unless I ctrl-alt-del https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-click-doesnt-work-unless-i-ctrl-alt-del/5af4903f-b27a-4057-99d0-f8b4152f9499
  6. mouse click doesn't work unless I ctrl-alt-del

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse click doesn't work unless I ctrl-alt-del: Windows 10 - mouse click doesn't work unless I ctrl-alt-del https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-click-doesnt-work-unless-i-ctrl-alt-del/5af4903f-b27a-4057-99d0-f8b4152f9499
  7. Only able to click when Ctrl+alt+del

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only able to click when Ctrl+alt+del: So I’ve had my pc for a few months now and this happened once since I’ve had my pc. I did a full reset the first time it happened and everything was back to normal. I was playing a game the other day and all of a sudden my middle mouse started pinging without me clicking it....
  8. Only able to click when Ctrl+alt+del

Only able to click when Ctrl+alt+del: So I’ve had my pc for a few months now and this happened once since I’ve had my pc. I did a full reset the first time it happened and everything was back to normal. I was playing a game the other day and all of a sudden my middle mouse started pinging without me clicking it....
  9. Only able to click when Ctrl+alt+del

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Ctrl+Alt+Del

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ctrl+Alt+Del: When I start the computer it is locked. It is asking for Ctrl+Alt+Del to be entered. When I do this there is no response. I cannot get to the password entry; the keyboard doesn't respond. How do I fix this?...