Windows 10: After a while opening a new page in the browser takes long time

Discus and support After a while opening a new page in the browser takes long time in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have a strange problem. I have internet connection and everything works perfectly, but after a while (multiple hours, e.g. after having the computer... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by andis59, Mar 18, 2020.

1. andis59 Win User

After a while opening a new page in the browser takes long time

I have a strange problem. I have internet connection and everything works perfectly, but after a while (multiple hours, e.g. after having the computer on over night) new pages in the browser (I have tried Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE11) takes very long time to access/load. Usually I get an timeout, but sometimes the pages loads

Pages that are already loaded behaves like they should. E. g. If I have made a search in google, I can make new searches and the result comes directly.

It look like if I am on the same site I can change pages and get no timeout, but when I enter a new site then it takes a long time/timeout.

Any ideas on what the problem is and how to fix it?

// Anders
    Windows 10 Home 1909
    DNS Google 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4

:)

andis59, Mar 18, 2020
  2. andis59 Win User

I have a strange problem. I have internet connection and everything works perfectly, but after a while (multiple hours, e.g. after having the computer on over night) new pages in the browser (I have tried Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE11) takes very long time to access/load. Usually I get an timeout, but sometimes the pages loads

Pages that are already loaded behaves like they should. E. g. If I have made a search in google, I can make new searches and the result comes directly.

It look like if I am on the same site I can change pages and get no timeout, but when I enter a new site then it takes a long time/timeout.

Any ideas on what the problem is and how to fix it?

// Anders
    Windows 10 Home 1909
    DNS Google 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4

andis59, Mar 18, 2020
  3. BF4 Browser Utility

New! BF4 Browser Utility v1.1

Change Log v1.1
    • New Features
      • New Switch to BF3/BF4 button.
      • New hyper-link to the Home thread in the About window.
    • Improvements.
      • Code optimization
    • Fixed Issues in previous release
      • Fixed - If Bf4 was open before the browser and the "Auto Refresh" was enabled the Battlelog page would not load properly.
    Download Here!

Mindweaver, Mar 18, 2020
  4. mrgeek Win User

Windows 10 help page opens every time I boot!

"It isn't in the startup list... or listed as a home page in my browser"

Does it do it in Edge too ? Post screenshot of below area, if this doesn't work -
    Check these two areas in "Settings" in Chrome ? It must be listed in "Open a specific ..." or try "Open New Tab page" for a few startups to see if that setting sticks.

After a while opening a new page in the browser takes long time [​IMG]

mrgeek, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

1. After a while opening a new page in the browser takes long time - Similar Threads - while opening page

2. Applications take long time to install/open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications take long time to install/open: I have fresh windows on fresh very powerful computer so this shouldn't be the case but trying to open any installer of any app takes forever like 5 minutes and applications are sluggish to open. Idle resources are low meaning that there is nothing slowing down the computer....
  3. Applications take long time to install/open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications take long time to install/open: I have fresh windows on fresh very powerful computer so this shouldn't be the case but trying to open any installer of any app takes forever like 5 minutes and applications are sluggish to open. Idle resources are low meaning that there is nothing slowing down the computer....
  4. WordPad takes a long time to open or not opening

in Windows 10 News
    WordPad takes a long time to open or not opening: [IMG]If WordPad takes too long to open or just won’t open on your Windows PC, this guide will help you fix the issue. Why is my WordPad file not opening? If your WordPad app is not opening, it might be due to different reasons. Some potential causes of this problem include...
  5. Folders taking a long a time to open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders taking a long a time to open: Out of nowhere, any folder that i try to open, wheter in the SSD or external HDD, take about 30 seconds - 1min to open. It does eventually open but it's so slow. I tried restarting the computer and deleting the thumbnail cache and MORE IMPORTANT tried to navigate through...
  6. All browsers take a long time to launch after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All browsers take a long time to launch after 2004 update: Hi. I have updated to Windows 10 version 2004 and after applying this update it takes 15+ seconds to launch Firefox, Google Chrome, the new Edge... It does not matter witch I launch, all are about same launch speed. System is a i9-9900 CPU with 16GB ram. I have tried to...
  7. After a while opening a new page in the browser takes long time

After a while opening a new page in the browser takes long time: I have a strange problem. I have internet connection and everything works perfectly, but after a while (multiple hours, e.g. after having the computer on over night) new pages in the browser (I have tried Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE11) takes very long time to access/load....
  8. Opening a New Folder takes too long

Opening a New Folder takes too long: Since the last Windows 10 upgrade, it takes about 15 seconds to open a New Folder on the Desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-a-new-folder-takes-too-long/a760502b-d040-4d47-8c50-e60313f26ee7"
  9. How long should it take to open a web page?

in Browsers and Email
    How long should it take to open a web page?: I had great hopes for Windows 10 and edge for some fast webpage loadinbg but because of several things I didn't like and problems I have gone back to 8.1. Just wondered whether it was normal for a webpage to take on average 30 seconds to open (depending on its content I...
  10. Wordpad, Notepad taking long time to open new document

in Windows 10 Support
    Wordpad, Notepad taking long time to open new document: Just upgraded from Windows 10 (1511) to the anniversary edition. When I try to create a new Wordpad or Notepad document, several minutes pass before the document pops up. A pre-existing file pops open upon command as usual. Other pgms may be doing the same, but I...