Windows 10: After a Win10 Update & restart ALL I get is a Flashing grey/black screen.Drat!!... : *Wot...

Discus and support After a Win10 Update & restart ALL I get is a Flashing grey/black screen.Drat!!... : *Wot... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After a Win10 Update & restart ALL I get is a Flashing grey/black screen.... : *Wot Can I Do to fix my computer,Plz?... : - I am Quite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by tiredchrisNEWBIE, Apr 17, 2020.

1. After a Win10 Update & restart ALL I get is a Flashing grey/black screen.Drat!!... : *Wot...

After a Win10 Update & restart ALL I get is a Flashing grey/black screen.... : *Wot Can I Do to fix my computer,Plz?... :

- I am Quite ILL,Unfortunately,so I Ask your patience as well as Good advice.... :

Thanks,

Chris,UK.

:)

tiredchrisNEWBIE, Apr 17, 2020
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

Black Screen Flashing

Hi MichaelCretz,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. What is the make and model of the PC?
    2. Do you get the black screen when restarting the computer or when using the computer?
    3. As you mentioned it occurs for 1-2 seconds, do you get the black pop up or the entire screen goes black?
    4. Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to the issue?
    5. Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type:winver in start menu and hit enter.)

I appreciate the time you have taken to resolve this issue. There can be many reasons for booting to a black screen.
    These screens may appear with or without the mouse pointer.
    The main causes are Problems with the driver for your display adapter or incompatible application. As you have already updated the drivers, I would suggest you to follow the other steps mentioned in the article on
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen
    errors.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Windows Ten Screen flashing black and grey

Hello! I recently got a windows 10 ASUS laptop, and I tried to install this theme on it. After installing it, I went to personalization, and clicked on the theme. The screen started flashing black and light gray, I tried rebooting, but to no avail. It starts off with the normal loading screen, and after that a flickering black and grey screen, I am still able to move the mouse around but it doesn't help. If anyone has any information on how to fix this problem I would be very grateful.

Here is a video of my screen:
    MMS74M1ELIo

desperadoundead, Apr 17, 2020
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

After a Win10 Update & restart ALL I get is a Flashing grey/black screen.Drat!!... : *Wot...

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

After a Win10 Update & restart ALL I get is a Flashing grey/black screen.Drat!!... : *Wot...

1. After a Win10 Update & restart ALL I get is a Flashing grey/black screen.Drat!!... : *Wot... - Similar Threads - Win10 Update restart

2. Screen flashing/ Black screen after failed update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flashing/ Black screen after failed update: Hello, I'm having issues with my laptop, I turned it on this morning and got a loading screen saying that there was a failed attempt to update, and that it would delete recent changes, it restarted by itself a few times and after the login screen the screen it would flash...
  3. Screen flashing/ Black screen after failed update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flashing/ Black screen after failed update: Hello, I'm having issues with my laptop, I turned it on this morning and got a loading screen saying that there was a failed attempt to update, and that it would delete recent changes, it restarted by itself a few times and after the login screen the screen it would flash...
  4. Screen flashing/ Black screen after failed update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Flashing black screen after recent Windows updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flashing black screen after recent Windows updates: As topic stated, after recent Windows updates I have experienced fairly frequent flashing black screen. Never seen before on the laptop HP 240 I have had for about a year....
  6. Win10 Fresh install black screen after the first restart

Win10 Fresh install black screen after the first restart: Hi, I have decided to do a fresh windows 10 install on my laptop (dell xps17), I upgraded it a while back from win7 to win 10 and it ran fine. I created the installtion media through the windows iso download tool and am using a USB to do the install. After booting to the...
  7. After the latest Win10 update, sometimes I get a black screen

After the latest Win10 update, sometimes I get a black screen: I get a black screen with a simple text box asking for a password. But none of the passwords I enter work. However, when I reboot, the normal login screen shows up. Why does this happen?...
  8. Black screen after win10 update, all peripherals unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after win10 update, all peripherals unresponsive: I installed win10 updates last night. I now only get a black monitor which immediately goes to sleep. My keyboard and mouse are also non responsive. I have an optical mouse connected via usb and it appears to be dead as no light is on on the underside. When I turn the cpu off...
  9. PC black/grey screens then restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    PC black/grey screens then restarts: Hey all So the last 2 days on 3 separate occasions my computer has crashed and restarted, when it happens my screens (2) either turn black or a random colour (light greyish on 2 of 3 occasions). All 3 times have happened whilst I have been watching netflix, in-between...
  10. Windows Ten Screen flashing black and grey

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Ten Screen flashing black and grey: Hello! I recently got a windows 10 ASUS laptop, and I tried to install this theme on it. After installing it, I went to personalization, and clicked on the theme. The screen started flashing black and light gray, I tried rebooting, but to no avail. It starts off with the...