Windows 10: After a Windows 10 reset mouse, keyboard not working, cannot login

Discus and support After a Windows 10 reset mouse, keyboard not working, cannot login in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Here we go again. Something simple like a PC reset goes **** and I cannot log in or use the mouse. Both are dead on Win 10 yet work fine with Linux on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by xamcrx, Sep 17, 2018.

1. xamcrx Win User

After a Windows 10 reset mouse, keyboard not working, cannot login

Here we go again. Something simple like a PC reset goes **** and I cannot log in or use the mouse. Both are dead on Win 10 yet work fine with Linux on another hard drive on the same PC. My Dell does not have a PS2 input so I cannot try the PS2 fix. Everything was working albeit slowly prior to the reset and now a useless PC. This is so annoying. Download yet another ISO and start from scratch again? I have a backup but this will put back everything as it was when the PC was running slowly.

:)

xamcrx, Sep 17, 2018

2. Keyboard & mouse not working at windows 10 login

Hi Gonzukes,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. Your interest on Windows 10 is appreciated.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to follow the methods given below and check if it works:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

• Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

• Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: Un-install and re-install latest keyboard and mouse drivers from the computer manufacturer’s website and check.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.

• Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

• Right click on the keyboard and mouse drivers and select
      “Uninstall”.
    Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Sep 17, 2018
  3. crapieman Win User

My desktop computer's mouse and keyboard stopped working after an update in February. I searched for a fix but all of the recommendations involve touching this or that key or using mouse to change things. How can I follow the steps when my mouse and keyboard
    do not respond. Please help. My mouse and keyboard work fine until windows starts. I also tried a new mouse and keyboard and it is still blocked. the computer says it is installed when I plug it iin but the curser is not there.

crapieman, Sep 17, 2018
  4. After a Windows 10 reset mouse, keyboard not working, cannot login

Keyboard and mouse not working after reseting of windows 10 to windows 10, stuck at login screen

Hi Shay,

I highly appreciate your efforts and time.

Sorry to know that the issue persists.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • As I can see Keyboard and Mouse works fine when in Advanced Options (Safe Mode from CMD), is that right?
    • Did you try Online Keyboard?
    I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Restart the computer a few times.

Remove all the external devices except Mouse and Keyboard.

On the right lower corner of the system, click on Ease of access to enable Online Keyboard and check.

Please get back to us with the required information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

1. After a Windows 10 reset mouse, keyboard not working, cannot login - Similar Threads - reset mouse keyboard

2. keyboard and mouse are not working after resetting windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard and mouse are not working after resetting windows 10: I reset my windows 10 and there are 2 options, I did the [save files but delete all the apps that didn't come with windows 10]after that I see my computer screen but my mouse and keyboard don't work.I already tried: using another mouse and keyboard, trying every port.I put in...
  3. keyboard and mouse are not working after resetting windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard and mouse are not working after resetting windows 10: I reset my windows 10 and there are 2 options, I did the [save files but delete all the apps that didn't come with windows 10]after that I see my computer screen but my mouse and keyboard don't work.I already tried: using another mouse and keyboard, trying every port.I put in...
  4. Keyboard and mouse not working after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse not working after reset: Im using a old HP computer and I just reset it after it not being able to boot into windows, im using windows 10 and ive tried all the ports on my computer and none of them worked, my keyboard and mouse were also getting power once i plugged them in when my pc was on sleep,...
  5. Keyboard and mouse not working after reset

Keyboard and mouse not working after reset: Im using a old HP computer and I just reset it after it not being able to boot into windows, im using windows 10 and ive tried all the ports on my computer and none of them worked, my keyboard and mouse were also getting power once i plugged them in when my pc was on sleep,...
  6. Keyboard and mouse not working after reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyboard and mouse not working after reset: I reseted my windows 10 pc After i reset my pc,keyboard and mouse not working. so ,i can't unlock my pc. How to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-after-reset/bc753dcf-6ba3-4ddd-9010-0dd11431d2d2
  7. Keyboard and mouse not working after reset

Keyboard and mouse not working after reset: I reseted my windows 10 pc After i reset my pc,keyboard and mouse not working. so ,i can't unlock my pc. How to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-after-reset/bc753dcf-6ba3-4ddd-9010-0dd11431d2d2
  8. Keyboard and Mouse not Working after Windows 10 Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and Mouse not Working after Windows 10 Reset: After messing up some registry tweaks, I attempted to restore the registry backup I made. It did not work. I decided to just reset windows. After awhile Windows returned to my lock screen but both my keyboard and mouse aren't working. I there a way around this/ make them...
  9. Keyboard and Mouse Not Working After Resetting Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and Mouse Not Working After Resetting Windows 10: After going through reset of Windows 10, my computer restarts and asks me to select my keyboard configuration. But the USB keyboard and mouse have no power and do not allow me to select the keyboard configuration to finish the windows reset process. I have confirmed the...
  10. After a windows 10 reset mouse and keyboard is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After a windows 10 reset mouse and keyboard is not working: After a windows 10 reset my keyboard and mouse are not working because of that I can't use my computer and please help me and don't tell me to go to start menu and go to settings and that all because I can't control my PC help me. I can't control my computer so please help as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse not working after windows 10 reset

2. keyboard and mouse dead after reset win 10

3. after doing a reset on windows 10 cant get mouse and keyboard to work

4. mouse not working after reset,
  5. reset win 10 usb keyboard mouse not working,
  6. mouse not working after PC reset,
  7. keyboard and mouse not working windows 10 after reset,
  8. mouse and keyboard not working after win 10 reset