Windows 10: After a Windows 10 update I lost my 2 finger gestures on my trackpad

Discus and support After a Windows 10 update I lost my 2 finger gestures on my trackpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I know I must go to the Settings - Devices - Touchpad and I used to have a gestures option... now it is gone and I am limited to scrolling with two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DaveLinares, Dec 11, 2019.

1. After a Windows 10 update I lost my 2 finger gestures on my trackpad

I know I must go to the Settings - Devices - Touchpad and I used to have a gestures option... now it is gone and I am limited to scrolling with two fingers on the opposite way I used to do it... I don't see many options now... what happened?

:)

DaveLinares, Dec 11, 2019

2. my trackpad multi-finger gesture is not working

my trackpad multi-finger gesture is not working

SanniOfuje, Dec 11, 2019
  3. Trackpad multi-finger gestures not working!

I own an Alienware 15 and have just recently upgraded to windows 10. Upon installation all multifinger gestures were working properly; however, after the first day (and I need to clarify, it did not happen after the first reboot, rather it happened I think
    after an update) the gestures got changed to some other useless gestures and I can't seem to be able to change back!

Changed gestures:

Three finger swipe down; original gesture-minimize windows; current gesture-open settings

Three finger swipe up; original gesture-display opened windows/expose; current gesture-invoke Cortana

To sum up the issue: I have two gestures that invoke Cortana (three-finger tap and three-finger swipe up) which is pretty useless; and similarly I have a gesture that opens up settings which isn't very useful either!

I have checked and my drivers are up to date; I have even re-downloaded and re-installed my trackpad drivers; in my mouse settings it reads that the gestures should be doing the original funcion. It appears to be configured correctly but the gestures present
    the behaviour described avobe.

ChristianBradna, Dec 11, 2019
  4. After a Windows 10 update I lost my 2 finger gestures on my trackpad

Trackpad multi-finger gestures not working!

I own an Alienware 15 and have just recently upgraded to windows 10. Upon installation all multifinger gestures were working properly; however, after the first day (and I need to clarify, it did not happen after the first reboot, rather it happened I think
    after an update) the gestures got changed to some other useless gestures and I can't seem to be able to change back!

Changed gestures:

Three finger swipe down; original gesture-minimize windows; current gesture-open settings

Three finger swipe up; original gesture-display opened windows/expose; current gesture-invoke Cortana

To sum up the issue: I have two gestures that invoke Cortana (three-finger tap and three-finger swipe up) which is pretty useless; and similarly I have a gesture that opens up settings which isn't very useful either!

I have checked and my drivers are up to date; I have even re-downloaded and re-installed my trackpad drivers; in my mouse settings it reads that the gestures should be doing the original funcion. It appears to be configured correctly but the gestures present
    the behaviour described avobe.

ChristianBradna, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

After a Windows 10 update I lost my 2 finger gestures on my trackpad

1. After a Windows 10 update I lost my 2 finger gestures on my trackpad - Similar Threads - update lost finger

2. Trackpad registers my tabs but not gestures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trackpad registers my tabs but not gestures: Hello! My trackpad does register tabs with both single and multi-fingers double tab as right click, 3 fingers and fingers tabs but not gestures two fingers to scroll and others.I have tried:- Updating driver- Uninstalling device- BIOS has no option for gestures- Installing...
  3. Trackpad registers my tabs but not gestures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trackpad registers my tabs but not gestures: Hello! My trackpad does register tabs with both single and multi-fingers double tab as right click, 3 fingers and fingers tabs but not gestures two fingers to scroll and others.I have tried:- Updating driver- Uninstalling device- BIOS has no option for gestures- Installing...
  4. No more two-finger gesture in window 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No more two-finger gesture in window 10?: Mine got updated to 2004 for a week now and I've noticed that the option for two fingers gesture're no longer there in the setting. Scrolling using two fingers still works in browser (mostly, because sometimes it freeze out of a sudden). Why is it? Is there anyway to get two...
  5. Trackpad Gestures

Trackpad Gestures: Hello! The guy that asks really obvious questions here! I just got a new device and wanted to change the sensitivity on the trackpad. I saw that the the ELAN page was not there. Neither was the Synaptics driver there for that matter. I checked Device Manager and there were...
  6. Trackpad clicks when I release my finger

Trackpad clicks when I release my finger: For the past 3 months on my laptop, the trackpad clicks automaticaly when I realease my finger. Not just on buttons or windows, but everywhere. How can I stop that ? Thank you submitted by /u/BatDePau [link] [comments]...
  7. External trackpad for Windows 10 with gesture support

External trackpad for Windows 10 with gesture support: Hi all, I know this has been asked before, but not in a while. So hoping there are some developments. Are there any good external trackpads for windows 10, that support features like 2 finger scrolling, 4 finger swipe to change desktops etc? I'm guessing for that they would...
  8. Turn on trackpad gestures

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turn on trackpad gestures: Hi! I need help turning on the trackpad gestures for my HP computer after resetting it. Can you please help? Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/turn-on-trackpad-gestures/f7e9bc52-5e8c-49a2-ba23-016d55a32f16
  9. TrackPad Fingers Scrolling issue after latest Win 10 Update

TrackPad Fingers Scrolling issue after latest Win 10 Update: Issue: Track Pad Fingers 2 fingers Scrolling issue after latest Win 10 Update. Just after a Win 10 update for 'Asus Smart Gesture', the two finger scrolling is not working any more. Event logs below: Faulting application name: check_os.exe, version: 1.0.1.1, time...
  10. Acer v5 windows 10 trackpad gestures

Acer v5 windows 10 trackpad gestures: Hi guys, has any of you had any luck setting up gestures in windows 10 - without going into registry and doing some potentially dangerous tweaks? Id like to enable the gestures. Its not critically important but why not. Thanks. P.s. Love the forum. Great tips as...