Windows 10: After a Windows 10 update my computer is not booting up.

Discus and support After a Windows 10 update my computer is not booting up. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I got a forced Windows 10 update, but update failed and computer got stuck in a loop indicating "Undoing Changes" I tried a some suggestions, but now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlejandroJasso, Dec 6, 2019.

1. After a Windows 10 update my computer is not booting up.

I got a forced Windows 10 update, but update failed and computer got stuck in a loop indicating "Undoing Changes"

I tried a some suggestions, but now I think the software is corrupted.

I just have the laptop original software key for Windows 7.

I got the free upgrade from Mirosoft some time ago.

If I reinstall windows 7, will I be able to upgrade again to windows 10?

:)

AlejandroJasso, Dec 6, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 6, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 6, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

After a Windows 10 update my computer is not booting up.

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

After a Windows 10 update my computer is not booting up.

1. After a Windows 10 update my computer is not booting up. - Similar Threads - update computer booting

2. Windows 10 computer not booting up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 computer not booting up: So, I've had this problem for a day or two now, basically whenever I boot my PC prepares automatic repair, after that it either sticks on repairing disk or just shoots me to bios after a few mins. I checked to see if the hard drive is the cause of this issue, it is not I...
  3. after update my computer will not boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after update my computer will not boot: after update my computer will not boot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-update-my-computer-will-not-boot/95f9ba93-af95-45bc-9b64-9de2ed96fc5b
  4. After updating windows 10 on my laptop it will not boot up

After updating windows 10 on my laptop it will not boot up: After updating windows 10 on my laptop it will not load. I just get a rotating circle of dots https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-updating-windows-10-on-my-laptop-it-will-not/ffbb8135-0ffc-4770-85d7-fcb9ae3c2a6b
  5. After BSOD, my computer no longer boots up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After BSOD, my computer no longer boots up: Hello, I first encountered this problem last night while on chrome. While watching a video the audio on my computer cut out and became a loud static. I quickly held down the power button to shut the computer down. I turned off the power supply, and thought the issue would be...
  6. my windows 10 computer will not boot up

in Windows 10 Customization
    my windows 10 computer will not boot up: I keep getting the Blue Screen saying my boot device can not be found. How do I fix this with out having to re-install windows and loos all my files etc?...
  7. My computer's boot up

My computer's boot up: So just today my computer has this issue where is boots and then it goes "please wait". Then it brings me to a screen where I select my keyboard. After that it gives me 2 options, troubleshoot or turn off your pc. When I try to reset with command prompt it says there was an...
  8. Booting up windows 10 after deleting an update

Booting up windows 10 after deleting an update: Hey Microsoft. I downloaded (unwillingly) an update to Windows 10 and I really didn't like it. So I tried to revert back to the version I had. But now I cant access windows it says preparing automatic repairing and goes to blue screen. When I enter command prompt it says "not...
  9. after an outage my computer with windows 10 won't boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    after an outage my computer with windows 10 won't boot up: I got home from work last night and my computer would not boot up after an outage of the area. When i turned it on it goes to a black screen shows the, the controller and patents it is covered by build and copyright client mac addr........ it gives me an error message...
  10. After the Oct 2018 update, my computer won't boot up

After the Oct 2018 update, my computer won't boot up: My computer automatically installed the new windows update on Oct 13. I downloaded a new program monosnap on Oct 14 and now my computer won't boot up completely. It spins like it's working on booting up. I took out the battery and tried to boot up again. Then I got an error...