Windows 10: After a Windows 10 Update yesterday, I believe it was, Windows Explorer appears to hang!

Discus and support After a Windows 10 Update yesterday, I believe it was, Windows Explorer appears to hang! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After a Windows 10 Update yesterday, I believe it was, Windows Explorer appears to hang at times. It's not very nice since I can't use Task Manager to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WayneCarpenter- [O365], Sep 13, 2018.

1. After a Windows 10 Update yesterday, I believe it was, Windows Explorer appears to hang!

After a Windows 10 Update yesterday, I believe it was, Windows Explorer appears to hang at times. It's not very nice since I can't use Task Manager to restart Windows Explorer and have had to quit using the computer twice without closing down any of my many programs properly and rebooting the computer.

I also fixed a Taskbar not hiding yesterday following Microsoft's suggestion so this should have nothing to do with the problem.

I called Microsoft Support but as all too often all that is done is be put on hold and then at least the last time I have to listen to music for a long time without anyone answering the phone---even their automated answering system so calling is a waste of my time and nothing gets fixed!

This needs to be fixed very soon!

:)

WayneCarpenter- [O365], Sep 13, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 13, 2018
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

4. AsRock Win User

After a Windows 10 Update yesterday, I believe it was, Windows Explorer appears to hang!

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

After a Windows 10 Update yesterday, I believe it was, Windows Explorer appears to hang!

1. After a Windows 10 Update yesterday, I believe it was, Windows Explorer appears to hang! - Similar Threads - Update yesterday believe

2. Windows 10 Windows Explorer Hangs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Windows Explorer Hangs: I've had this problem for a long time where the Windows Explorer on my machine hangs every 50 - 60 seconds. It makes it hard to type, like this description for example, or papers for school. I also notice that it causes my games to lag as well. It only hangs for a brief...
  3. Windows 10 Windows Explorer Hangs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Windows Explorer Hangs: I've had this problem for a long time where the Windows Explorer on my machine hangs every 50 - 60 seconds. It makes it hard to type, like this description for example, or papers for school. I also notice that it causes my games to lag as well. It only hangs for a brief...
  4. Windows 10 Windows Explorer Hangs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 hangs/windows explorer crashes after updating to 22h2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 hangs/windows explorer crashes after updating to 22h2: I have a PC at work that we updated to 22h2, and now when we login windows explorer will crash over and over and we are unable to click or open anything. It takes about 30 seconds or so after going to the login screen before the entire PC hangs and badly lags.Currently we are...
  6. Windows 10 hangs/windows explorer crashes after updating to 22h2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 hangs/windows explorer crashes after updating to 22h2: I have a PC at work that we updated to 22h2, and now when we login windows explorer will crash over and over and we are unable to click or open anything. It takes about 30 seconds or so after going to the login screen before the entire PC hangs and badly lags.Currently we are...
  7. Windows 10 hangs/windows explorer crashes after updating to 22h2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows Explorer Hanging

Windows Explorer Hanging: For some reason windows explorer suddenly stops responding even though i am doing light work. I am able to use the apps normally that i have opened already but the taskbar becomes frozen. It restarts when i click on it and wait for a couple of seconds. Apps have also started...
  9. I had an update to windows 10 yesterday.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I had an update to windows 10 yesterday.: Had the update yesterday now I cannot find my windows flight simulator X,any ideas please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/i-had-an-update-to-windows-10-yesterday/034a337f-69f3-4735-895d-0c88ad73696a
  10. Windows Explorer Hangs

Windows Explorer Hangs: Hi, I have a laptop at home that partially hangs when you open Windows Explorer. After booting up and logging in - when you open Windows Explorer it displays 'Quick Access' (no folders) and on the right says 'Working on it' - and then it stays like this forever. I've...