Windows 10: After a windows update, I can no longer get playable FPS in games. Update KB4556803 messed...

Discus and support After a windows update, I can no longer get playable FPS in games. Update KB4556803 messed... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have made a Reddit post already on r/Windows10 detailing most of this. Some of this will be pulled from there and the link to it is here. Sorry for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ConorHastings, Jul 2, 2020.

1. After a windows update, I can no longer get playable FPS in games. Update KB4556803 messed...

I have made a Reddit post already on r/Windows10 detailing most of this. Some of this will be pulled from there and the link to it is here. Sorry for the wall of text, but it isn't a problem that can be described in a few words.

My post is as follows:

On June 2nd of this year, I downloaded KB4556803 as I was trying to add a new Destiny 2 overlay tool for Xbox game bar. To download it, the app store told me I needed an update in order to use it. So I did, and that is where my issues started. Since then every single game runs at about 20 frames from the normal 60 that i get. I am on an ASUS Laptop, 60hz screen, NVIDIA GTX 1650, 16gbs of RAM, i5-9300H CPU 2.4GHZ. Not sure what else I can add spec wise that will help but let me know and I will add it. At first I thought it was just a problem with Destiny 2, a game known to have random FPS drop problems, and so I ignored it for the time as I could just play on xbox. The next game I played was Borderlands 2, and I'm not sure if its just cause its an older game or not, but I think it was getting slightly above 30fps. So I couldn't exactly tell if something was wrong, maybe due to being acustomed to 30fps for so long. Obviously I should have checked sooner so I could have rolled back the update, but a lot of this stuff is sill newish to me. And, after a long day of staring at a screen for work, the last thing I wanted to do was mess with a computer some more.

So I pushed it off until today, June 12th the time i had posted this. I attempted to run the Witcher 3, and it was hitting under 20 for frames making it unplayable. It's well past the 10 days couldn't they give us a few more weeks for this? to roll back the previous one, now update KB4557957 is installed and the only one I can uninstall is that one. I tried to uninstall 7957, which I was able to do, but it gave me an error when I tried to uninstall 6803. I unfortunately do not have a back up I can restore to, but maybe this is the kinda problem I needed to have in order to get a backup drive and do regular backups.

Things I have tried to fix this so far:

I have updated and reinstalled the Graphics driver already.

I have messed with all in game settings, I at least know how all that stuff works. Nothing was changed from how I had it running prior to the update. I can play most games on High to a custom hybrid of med to high and will have no problems maintaining 60FPS in everything. Tried changing them all down to low, didn't help at all.

Made sure the games were actually utilizing my GPU.

I went through NVIDIA Control panel and checked my settings.

Tried seeing if shutting Game Bar off would help, it didn't. Even tried it after the reset

I've talked it through with one of my more PC savvy friends and he really wasn't sure what else I could do except for a fresh install of Windows 10 or something called a DDU something I'd like to avoid completely if possible, it is out of my comfort zone. A fresh windows install is a last resort, I wanted to see if there are any other options.

Queue new stuff:

Tried turning on Hardware-accelerated gpu scheduling, it did nothing.

Most recently, I tried what I hadn't wanted to do and reset my pc. That was yesterday. I even had bought a back up drive cause the thought of resetting makes me a bit paranoid. Well, it didn't. It seems like its just reinstalled the same version of windows that was having the problems, which isn't what i thought it was going to do.

NVIDIAs newest driver update, from June 24th, did not fix this either.

I am at complete loss as to what to do next. Resetting things essentially just messed up the way I had everything, which bothers me immensely, and did not fix the problem. Update KB4556803 messed up my laptop, it's the only thing that it could be. Everything points to it. Only days before that it was running perfectly. The following updates did absolutely nothing to fix the problem.

Where do I go from here? Who do I contact to make this problem known? What's the best way of contacting them? I don't have tons of time to devote to all of this.

If anyone could offer any help, I would greatly appreciate it.

:)

ConorHastings, Jul 2, 2020

2. After a windows update, I can no longer get playable FPS in games. Update KB4556803 messed up my system.

I have made a Reddit post already on r/Windows10 detailing most of this. Some of this will be pulled from there and the link to it is here.
    Sorry for the wall of text, but it isn't a problem that can be described in a few words.

My post is as follows:

On June 2nd of this year, I downloaded KB4556803 as I was trying to add a new Destiny 2 overlay tool for Xbox game bar. To download it, the app store told me I needed an update in order to use it. So I did, and that is where my issues started.
    Since then every single game runs at about 20 frames from the normal 60 that i get. I am on an ASUS Laptop, 60hz screen, NVIDIA GTX 1650, 16gbs of RAM, i5-9300H CPU 2.4GHZ. Not sure what else I can add spec wise that will help but let me know and I will add
    it. At first I thought it was just a problem with Destiny 2, a game known to have random FPS drop problems, and so I ignored it for the time as I could just play on xbox. The next game I played was Borderlands 2, and I'm not sure if its just cause its an older
    game or not, but I think it was getting slightly above 30fps. So I couldn't exactly tell if something was wrong, maybe due to being acustomed to 30fps for so long. Obviously I should have checked sooner so I could have rolled back the update, but a lot of
    this stuff is sill newish to me. And, after a long day of staring at a screen for work, the last thing I wanted to do was mess with a computer some more.

So I pushed it off until today, June 12th (the time i had posted this). I attempted to run the Witcher 3, and it was hitting under 20 for frames making it unplayable. It's well past the 10 days (couldn't they give us a few more weeks for this?) to roll back
    the previous one, now update KB4557957 is installed and the only one I can uninstall is that one. I tried to uninstall 7957, which I was able to do, but it gave me an error when I tried to uninstall 6803. I unfortunately do not have a back up I can restore
    to, but maybe this is the kinda problem I needed to have in order to get a backup drive and do regular backups.

Things I have tried to fix this so far:

I have updated and reinstalled the Graphics driver already.

I have messed with all in game settings, I at least know how all that stuff works. Nothing was changed from how I had it running prior to the update. I can play most games on High to a custom hybrid of med to high and will have no problems maintaining 60FPS
    in everything. Tried changing them all down to low, didn't help at all.

Made sure the games were actually utilizing my GPU.

I went through NVIDIA Control panel and checked my settings.

Tried seeing if shutting Game Bar off would help, it didn't. (Even tried it after the reset)

I've talked it through with one of my more PC savvy friends and he really wasn't sure what else I could do except for a fresh install of Windows 10 or something called a DDU (something I'd like to avoid completely if possible, it is out of my comfort zone).
    A fresh windows install is a last resort, I wanted to see if there are any other options.

Queue new stuff:

Tried turning on Hardware-accelerated gpu scheduling, it did nothing.

Most recently, I tried what I hadn't wanted to do and reset my pc. That was yesterday. I even had bought a back up drive cause the thought of resetting makes me a bit paranoid. Well, it didn't. It seems like its just reinstalled the same version of windows
    that was having the problems, which isn't what i thought it was going to do.

NVIDIAs newest driver update, from June 24th, did not fix this either.

I am at complete loss as to what to do next. Resetting things essentially just messed up the way I had everything, which bothers me immensely, and did not fix the problem. Update KB4556803 messed up my laptop, it's the only thing that it could be. Everything
    points to it. Only days before that it was running perfectly. The following updates did absolutely nothing to fix the problem.

Where do I go from here? Who do I contact to make this problem known? What's the best way of contacting them? I don't have tons of time to devote to all of this.

If anyone could offer any help, I would greatly appreciate it.

UPDATE. I randomly decided to try destiny 2 once more 2 days ago and to my surprise, it was working. However, after just two whole days of not even using it, it is back to having the same issue. I am at a complete loss.

ConorHastings, Aug 5, 2020
  3. All games are capped at 60 fps after Windows 10 Update

After the latest windows 10 update. All games seem to be capped at 60 fps when before the update I got well over 80 fps. I DO NOT have vsync enabled nor do I have Game DVR enabled. I looked all over online and have received no help. Any suggestions?

JesusVelarde1, Aug 5, 2020
  4. After a windows update, I can no longer get playable FPS in games. Update KB4556803 messed...

LOW FPS AFTER WINDOWS 10 UPDATE WITH UPDATED DRIVERS!

After i updated windows 10 and updated all the drivers too, i get minimal FPS in every game. I used to play on max settings ~200 FPS, but now i can barely get stable 60 FPS. PLEASE HELP

EmilsLakis, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

After a windows update, I can no longer get playable FPS in games. Update KB4556803 messed...

1. After a windows update, I can no longer get playable FPS in games. Update KB4556803 messed... - Similar Threads - update longer playable

2. FPS of games are capped after Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS of games are capped after Windows 11 update: Hi there,I installed Windows 11 2 weeks ago and since then have had this problem. Before Windows 10 my fps would be uncapped in all games and it would work fine, but since installing it my games cap at 75 FPS and have a noticably lower performance. I've searched the internet...
  3. FPS of games are capped after Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FPS of games are capped after Windows 11 update: Hi there,I installed Windows 11 2 weeks ago and since then have had this problem. Before Windows 10 my fps would be uncapped in all games and it would work fine, but since installing it my games cap at 75 FPS and have a noticably lower performance. I've searched the internet...
  4. Windows 22H2 update low fps in games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 22H2 update low fps in games.: I have installed the 22H2 update on my Lenovo Legion 5 RTX 3060, R7 5800H, 16gb ram. and I get low fps now, I can't do a clean install because all the programs that I need take a while to download. is there a way to fix this?...
  5. Unable to gaming after windows update huge FPS drop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to gaming after windows update huge FPS drop: Dear Microsoft,Please let me know when i can play games again, because after i installed windows updates, almost all games have huge FPS drops in full screen mode.This is a huge problem for months now. I can't play old games too like games from 2007My PC:Asus n752vx...
  6. fps drops after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    fps drops after update: Hello! I mainly play csgo. It used to run in 60 fps. Yesterday, there was a small update. After the update, the fps keeps dropping to 5-15 constantly. I tried to revert that update but I couldn't because windows will only allow me to revert versions and I can't do that...
  7. No longer can boot after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No longer can boot after Windows Update: For context, I have an Asus ROG. Yesterday, my laptop ran its automatic windows update and I woke up the next morning to see it was stuck at the boot up screen with the asus logo. At first i thought it wasnt complete, went to work, came back and it was on the same screen....
  8. windows 10 2004 may 2020 cumulative update issues KB4556803

windows 10 2004 may 2020 cumulative update issues KB4556803: I just installed the version 2004, and everything was working great. better than how 1909 was working at the end infact. And then windows update installed the may cumulative update. then everything went to hell. programs stopped opening correctly. explorer kept freezing, and...
  9. windows 10 may 2020 cumulative update issues KB4556803

windows 10 may 2020 cumulative update issues KB4556803: I just installed the version 2004, and everything was working great. better than how 1909 was working at the end infact. And then windows update installed the may cumulative update. then everything went to hell. programs stopped opening correctly. explorer kept freezing, and...
  10. GAMES RUNNING ON LOW FPS AFTER UPDATE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GAMES RUNNING ON LOW FPS AFTER UPDATE: I JUST UPDATED MY LAPTOP HAVING WINDOWS 10 ON 24/7/18. AFTER THE UPDATE MY LAPTOP HAS BECOME SLOW AND ALL MY GAMES WHCIH WERE RUNNING SMOOTHLY ARE NOW RUNNING ON 10 FPS OR 15.......PLZ HELP...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 19041.264 fps drop

2. 19041.264 game frame