Windows 10: After a windows update, my PC boots to black screen with movable cursor, before login

Discus and support After a windows update, my PC boots to black screen with movable cursor, before login in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For the past couple of months I have been suffering this issue without being able to find a fix. I keep getting a windows update install just before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/graeme95, Nov 24, 2019.

1. After a windows update, my PC boots to black screen with movable cursor, before login

For the past couple of months I have been suffering this issue without being able to find a fix.

I keep getting a windows update install just before my PC shuts down. After the PC boots up again, I get past the bios and "Starting windows" screen but then I am left with a black screen and cursor which I can move. It also has the loading wheel next to the cursor. I am unable to do CTRL + ALT + Delete or Ctrl + Shift + Esc to bring up task manager. In fact none of the windows shortcuts work.

This is what the screen looks like: https://i.snipboard.io/HedOsf.jpg

In order to get around this issue, I have to hard reboot my PC 3-4 times until I get the recovery screen where I can restore to the last system restore point I had. This then allows me to boot back up as normal but as soon as windows tries to update again, the issue repeats.

I literally have no clue on what to do.

Here are the updates which are currently downloading since doing the last system restore: https://i.snipboard.io/fXgjFP.jpg

I am assuming one of these updates is causing my PC to not boot after updating. Any thoughts?

submitted by /u/graeme95
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/graeme95, Nov 24, 2019

2. Windows 10 Black screen upon boot, movable cursor

When I boot up my computer Windows 10 I get a black screen upon boot, with a movable cursor. when I press Ctrl+Alt+Del and enter task manager. I can see the task manager. from there I have to start a new task (explorer) and my computer desktop becomes
    visible. is there any way to correct the boot issue?

Jason FeloDeSe, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Black Spinning Circle with Cursor Pointer Before Login screen

I am in Windows 10 14393.2046 Build and during Boot I am Experiencing Black screen with a cursor and spinning circle ,having updated my Graphics Card Drivers Up to Date and Windows 10 1607 Cumulative Updates too.Since i didnt have any startup issues in
    Windows 8.1 ,10240 as well as 10586 builds and i performed all troubleshooting steps and annoyed me.I can say that it is a windows issue and you have to sort it out ,only problem is

• Windows Logo Spinning Circle
    • Black Screen spinning Circle
    • Login

sasikumar4395, Nov 24, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

After a windows update, my PC boots to black screen with movable cursor, before login

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

After a windows update, my PC boots to black screen with movable cursor, before login

1. After a windows update, my PC boots to black screen with movable cursor, before login - Similar Threads - update boots black

2. Black screen with cursor before login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with cursor before login: Hello this morning I woke up to my pc booting into a black screen with only a cursor and nothing else.I have tried the tutorials on how to fix it but they need access to the task manager which doesn't come up for me...
  3. Black screen with cursor before login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with cursor before login: Hello this morning I woke up to my pc booting into a black screen with only a cursor and nothing else.I have tried the tutorials on how to fix it but they need access to the task manager which doesn't come up for me...
  4. Windows 11 black screen after login, only a movable cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 black screen after login, only a movable cursor: This issue started 2 days ago. The first lauch of the day, the login page loaded fine. After I login it says welcome and start loading. After this loading, it feels like black screen appear when entering the desktop. I got a black screen with a movable cursor. I tried...
  5. Windows 11 black screen after login, only a movable cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 black screen after login, only a movable cursor: This issue started 2 days ago. The first lauch of the day, the login page loaded fine. After I login it says welcome and start loading. After this loading, it feels like black screen appear when entering the desktop. I got a black screen with a movable cursor. I tried...
  6. Laptop will not boot to windows; Black Screen with cursor before login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop will not boot to windows; Black Screen with cursor before login: I have an HP Laptop 14 dk1046nr which originally had an AMD Athlon Silver 3050U, 4GB of DDR4 RAM, and a 500GB Hard Drive. I recently upgraded this computer to 8GB of DDR4 and a 256GB NVMe SSD, while still leaving the entire hard drive. I must not have cloned it correctly,...
  7. Black screen before login with movable cursor (help)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen before login with movable cursor (help): So after booting up the PC the Windows logo finishes loading and I assume the black screen occurs on the log in screen. I can move my cursor around and the blue loading circle flashes as well. This first happened a few days ago and I recall my PC working perfectly fine the...
  8. Black screen with cursor before login.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with cursor before login.: When powering on my laptop it only shows a black screen with the cursor after the logo. Ctrl+shift+esc as well as ctrl+alt+del does not do anything. Help please. submitted by /u/Van_3 [link] [comments]...
  9. Black screen and cursor before login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen and cursor before login: Yesterday my PC was updated to windows 10, I turned it off and the next day I turned it on it started up with the usual logos and start up sound, but the screen stays black and the cursor appears only when I kove the mouse. What do I do?...
  10. Black screen with cursor before login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen with cursor before login: Hello, Yesterday I have updated my Windows 10, but today i can't start the system. When the laptop is starting, before the login screen, we only see black screen with cursor. I can boot the computer in safe mode and works fine, but I don't know how to fix it, becasuse...