Windows 10: After a windows update my Wireless Network Adapter and my Bluetooth are not recognized as...

Discus and support After a windows update my Wireless Network Adapter and my Bluetooth are not recognized as... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My laptop ran a windows 11 update this morning. The Wi-Fi Card and Bluetooth capabilities are not working. After hours of trouble shooting culminating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Adam Trent, Dec 2, 2022.

1. After a windows update my Wireless Network Adapter and my Bluetooth are not recognized as...

My laptop ran a windows 11 update this morning. The Wi-Fi Card and Bluetooth capabilities are not working. After hours of trouble shooting culminating in a system restore both the IntelR Wireless-AC 9560 and the Bluetooth 5 are disconnected even though nothing has physically been changed. Has anyone else had this problem? How can i reset these drivers without connecting with the internet? My computer is a Dell Inspirion by the way, and I now knowI need to run updates from Dell not Windows.

:)

Adam Trent, Dec 2, 2022

2. Wireless adapter suddenly missing/not recognized by Windows 10

Hi,

Last year I installed Windows 10 on my Lenovo ideapad z580. Today suddenly in the middle of my session, my laptop suddenly could no longer connect to wifi. On restarting I realized the wireless network card wasn't working. In fact, the OS does not even realize
    that the laptop has a wireless network card. It can still recognize the ethernet card and bluetooth.

Here is what I did:

• Went to Device Manager --> Network Adapters. I could not find the wireless adapter listed there. The following were listed: Bluetooth Device (PAN), Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM), Realtek PCIe FE.
    • I changed the settings to view hidden items. I can see the wireless adapter (Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2200). There were a few other adapters that are hidden as well, viz.: Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2, Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter, Microsoft
      Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter, Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2.
    • I tried right clicking and uninstalling Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter. It disappeared from Device Manager.
    • When I restarted my machine, I could no longer find Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter even after showing hidden items.
    • I went to Lenovo support site, downloaded and installed the latest wireless network adapter driver. But no change in status.

Given steps 3 & 4 above, I do not know if I should proceed with uninstalling the wireless adapter. The fact that the OS was not able to automatically install a device driver on a reboot indicates that this is a OS issue. The forums also point to the same
    direction. Please advise.

RitwikChatterjee, Dec 2, 2022
  3. Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Nabil,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Method 1:

Step 1: Update network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Update option.
    • Restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.
    Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.
    • Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer for automatic installation of network adapters and check if the changes are effective.

Hope this helps !

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 2, 2022
  4. After a windows update my Wireless Network Adapter and my Bluetooth are not recognized as...

Bluetooth USB Adapter Not Recognizing Devices

Hi Nate,

The issue you're experiencing might be due to a variety of reasons. It can be a driver issue or corrupted system files.

That being said, please provide the answers to the following for us to be able to learn more about your concern:

• Is your Windows 10 updated?
    • Have you tried reinstalling your Bluetooth driver?
    • When did the issue start? What were the changes made before the issue started?
    • Did your Bluetooth USB adapter recognize the same devices before?

If you haven't tried reinstalling your Bluetooth driver, here's how:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Right-click the driver under Bluetooth, then select
      Uninstall
    • Restart your laptop to automatically reinstall the drivers. Make sure that you update the driver after re-installation.

In the meantime, you can run the Hardware and Devices, and the Network Adapter Troubleshooters to find and repair problems with your devices, hardware, wireless, and other network adapters.

• Right-click the Start icon, then select Control Panel.
    • Choose the Large icons option from the View by drop down list found on the upper-right part of the Control Panel window.
    • Locate then select Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all from the left pane.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices/Network Adapter to run the troubleshooter then follow the next steps.

To make sure that you're not experiencing an account specific issue, kindly
    create another administrator account
    and observe if the
    issue will still be present.

Let us know the result of the above mentioned troubleshooting steps.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Dec 2, 2022
Thema:

After a windows update my Wireless Network Adapter and my Bluetooth are not recognized as...

1. After a windows update my Wireless Network Adapter and my Bluetooth are not recognized as... - Similar Threads - update Wireless Network

2. After a windows update my Wireless Network Adapter and my Bluetooth are not recognized as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After a windows update my Wireless Network Adapter and my Bluetooth are not recognized as...: My laptop ran a windows 11 update this morning. The Wi-Fi Card and Bluetooth capabilities are not working. After hours of trouble shooting culminating in a system restore both the IntelR Wireless-AC 9560 and the Bluetooth 5 are disconnected even though nothing has physically...
  3. my wireless network adapter doesn't reinstall

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my wireless network adapter doesn't reinstall: I have uninstalled wireless network adapter But it doesn't reinstall back, even though I scan for hardware change in device manager and restart my computer....
  4. my wireless network adapter doesn't reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my wireless network adapter doesn't reinstall: I have uninstalled wireless network adapter But it doesn't reinstall back, even though I scan for hardware change in device manager and restart my computer....
  5. my wireless network adapter doesn't reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My network adapter is Marvell AVASTAR Wireless

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My network adapter is Marvell AVASTAR Wireless: driver version is 15.68.17018.116I read online that some people were having the same issue. So I tried changing the band to only 5GHz, roll back the driver but it's still slow My MacBook air can connect to the same network with a speed of 400 mbps. This SB2 varies between...
  7. Windows 10 update 2400 wont recognize my wireless 360 adapter for my controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update 2400 wont recognize my wireless 360 adapter for my controller: I downloaded the drivers and I go into device manager and select update drivers, I select browse computer for drivers, I scroll down to xbox 360 and I go to the 2 drivers I have installed for this device I try the 2009 version and the 2019 version and neither are recognizing...
  8. My Wireless Network Adapters just Disappeared

My Wireless Network Adapters just Disappeared: hello, so I have a big problem. so my computer glitched out and it forced itself to shut off. when I turn it back on, my internet won't pop up and my computer is telling me that I have to connect my pc to an Ethernet cable. So I go to my device manager, go to network...
  9. wireless network adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wireless network adapter: my wireless network adapter keeps disconnecting i've taken all the recommended steps so far but have had no success fixing the problem. Other devices work fine on it, ethernet works fine on the device in question but wireless connection disconnects over and over and over...
  10. about my laptop wireless network adapter

about my laptop wireless network adapter: hello i have a g750jx laptop my wireless adapter is AR9485WB-EG i want know my adapter can support 5ghz band ? becuz i wanna order new router 2.4 ghz nd 5 ghz band pls tell me if my adapter Could notwork for 5ghz band which adapter will work for upgrade on ma laptop...