Windows 10: After a Windows update on my one year old Dell laptop the brightness slider has disappeared...

Discus and support After a Windows update on my one year old Dell laptop the brightness slider has disappeared... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After a Windows update on my one year old Dell laptop the brightness slider has disappeared and the keyboard keys for brightness don't work either. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TimHine1, Jan 28, 2023.

1. TimHine1 Win User

After a Windows update on my one year old Dell laptop the brightness slider has disappeared...

After a Windows update on my one year old Dell laptop the brightness slider has disappeared and the keyboard keys for brightness don't work either. Any suggestions?

:)

TimHine1, Jan 28, 2023

2. Brightness slider disappeared

After the last Windows Update 1909, the brightness slider disappeared. I can't adjust the brightness!

김재성., Jan 28, 2023
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jan 28, 2023
  4. daniel1 Win User

After a Windows update on my one year old Dell laptop the brightness slider has disappeared...

No options to turn OFF adaptive brightness / no power slider

Hello everyone!

I'm stuck with a very weird problem I can't solve. I'm not a full-on reading binary style tech person but I'm using computers (and fix their problems) since forever and never ran against a wall like this:

My Dell M3800 laptop turned on the adaptive brightness feature again that I disabled almost three years ago. Now it's pretty much useless in dim environments because the screen gets so dark. Also every option windows normally has to switch it off is gone. Not greyed out, it's just not there (Both in the legacy power options and in te new UI).

Around the same time it happend that windows decided to get rid of the old power profiles and instead only show the "balanced" one that comes with the power options slider when you click on the battery icon in the tray. I had that briefly and then the slider disappeard along with the option of turning adaptive brightness OFF.

This makes me MAD.
    • I deleted and restored the default power plans in several ways
    • I changed all (all I found, though) corresponding registry entries to disable adaptive brightness
    • I checked the registry for the the option to show the switching-option being ENABLED
    • I even stopped the windows service for the ambient light sensor

No change. Any Wizards around? *Shock

Daniel

daniel1, Jan 28, 2023
Thema:

1. After a Windows update on my one year old Dell laptop the brightness slider has disappeared... - Similar Threads - update old Dell

2. My laptop brightness is not decreasing even after the slider is at 0 after updating it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop brightness is not decreasing even after the slider is at 0 after updating it.: I have tried to restart it but it didn't work. My drivers are updated.My laptop model- Lenovo Ideapad 5 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-brightness-is-not-decreasing-even-after/8c2f357d-5657-49bd-bcee-1157fe08775d
  3. My laptop brightness is not decreasing even after the slider is at 0 after updating it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop brightness is not decreasing even after the slider is at 0 after updating it.: I have tried to restart it but it didnt work. My drivers are updated.My laptop model- Lenovo ideapad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-brightness-is-not-decreasing-even-after/8c2f357d-5657-49bd-bcee-1157fe08775d
  4. After a Windows update on my one year old Dell laptop the brightness slider has disappeared...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After a Windows update on my one year old Dell laptop the brightness slider has disappeared...: After a Windows update on my one year old Dell laptop the brightness slider has disappeared and the keyboard keys for brightness don't work either. Any suggestions?...
  5. The brightness slider in the Action Center has disappeared. Can't adjust brightness at all.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The brightness slider in the Action Center has disappeared. Can't adjust brightness at all.: I have a laptop, so it isn't a separate monitor. The slider was there before but is now gone. Using the keys doesn't work, and there's no way of adjusting the brightness in the Control Panel. I tried updating the display driver, but it appears to be up to date. Is there...
  6. Brightness sliders are disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness sliders are disappeared: Why Brightness sliders are disappeared after Windows 10 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-sliders-are-disappeared/cfc3ada5-8908-4697-b612-6666cfd13101
  7. brightness slider disappears on my pc

brightness slider disappears on my pc: I use an old Windows 10 PC for personal use banking, investing, shopping. Once or twice in the last year the screen went very dark and I couldn't find the brightness slider. It was difficult to use the PC as the screen was very dim. The buttons on the HP pc didn't work to...
  8. Brightness slider disappeared

Brightness slider disappeared: After the last Windows Update 1909, the brightness slider disappeared. I can't adjust the brightness! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-slider-disappeared/beea502a-03a4-4093-af3d-7d74f5a917bd
  9. Sunlight Icon in Brightness Slider Disappeared!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sunlight Icon in Brightness Slider Disappeared!!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Maddox_Mage [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fdbbkw/sunlight_icon_in_brightness_slider_disappeared/
  10. Latest Windows Update has made my brightness slider/function disappear. (Literally can't...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Windows Update has made my brightness slider/function disappear. (Literally can't...: I just got home to my computer laptop having been updated. I went to adjust the brightness, but I do not have any form of brightness control. The add-on to the ease of access bar is non-existent. When I go to "edit ease of access bar" there is NO option to add the...