Windows 10: After a windows update, Word has disappeared

Discus and support After a windows update, Word has disappeared in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I did a windows 10 update last night. My Microsoft Office 2013 is gone which contained Word. I have several very important documents saved there. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dhb665, Jun 10, 2019.

1. dhb665 Win User

After a windows update, Word has disappeared

I did a windows 10 update last night. My Microsoft Office 2013 is gone which contained Word. I have several very important documents saved there. How can I restore it or find it now?

:)

dhb665, Jun 10, 2019

2. Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

I tried the Ctrl-Alt-Del and found Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I didn't choose Restart; I killed the process. (didn't read the instructions well enough!) :-/ ... I did eventually find a way to Restart Windows Explorer, but the problem (disappearing Task bar not disappearing/reappearing as it should/used to) did not solve itself. I then RESTARTED the PC. Still not fixed.

So, I found another answer from microsoft and followed those steps. It worked! (needed the display driver updated.)

Here's that set of instructions:

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset and display drivers for your computer and install the same.

paisanoglen, Jun 10, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond After a windows update, Word has disappeared :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 10, 2019
  4. After a windows update, Word has disappeared

Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

Dude this was a year ago

Forbidden Duck, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

After a windows update, Word has disappeared

1. After a windows update, Word has disappeared - Similar Threads - update Word has

2. New windows update has ***** word and printers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New windows update has ***** word and printers: So me and my classmates have update all ours computers and now word crashes a lot then we try to print and when we final get to the print screen word still dont want to print. There is one guy who can print and that is because he is the only one who didten update. and now he...
  3. New windows update has ***** word and printers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New windows update has ***** word and printers: So me and my classmates have update all ours computers and now word crashes a lot then we try to print and when we final get to the print screen word still dont want to print. There is one guy who can print and that is because he is the only one who didten update. and now he...
  4. Update history has disappeared

Update history has disappeared: I did a clean legal install of Win10 on Jan 6, 2020. Updates were immediately dowloaded including the features update 1909. Since then updates have been dowloading and installing normally and showing up in "installed updates". Today I looked at "installed updates" and...
  5. Whu has bluetooth Icon disappeared after windows update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Whu has bluetooth Icon disappeared after windows update?: Recently had a Windows 10 update and on restart my Bluetooth icon disappeared from the Action Centre (bottom right of screen where various settings live). Checked in Device Manager and it is still there but the system says not connected. No idea how you are supposed to...
  6. My word icon in the task bar has disappeared.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My word icon in the task bar has disappeared.: The word icon in my taskbar has disappeared. I can't unpin it now, nor open files from it when I right click, though I can still move it around in the taskbar. The word icon is fine when I go through the start panel. This seemed to have happened after the 1809 update....
  7. Windows 10 Hibernate option has disappeared after update?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Hibernate option has disappeared after update?: I had previously activated the Hibernate option in Windows 10 due to it not being available by default when clicking the power button in the start menu. Now it has been removed and it does not seem possible to re-enable (see screenshot of power options below). I believe...
  8. Battery icon has disappeared after a Windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery icon has disappeared after a Windows update: I need help again every time there is a windows update my laptop has issues. now the battery icon disappeared I have tried some methods that go on the internet, but I can not find the solution * Original title: I need help again...
  9. WiFi has disappeared after 9/11 update

WiFi has disappeared after 9/11 update: HP Folio 9470m with Intel Centrino chipset. Very very frustrating. The troubleshooter is useless. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/wifi-has-disappeared-after-911-update/ebc75c40-19a2-4b21-b097-ce8851c4c98b
  10. Word document disappeared after saving

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word document disappeared after saving: I keep a journal and try to update it daily. This morning I updated the journal and got an error message that Normal.dot was being overwritten and did I want to do that? No. Then I got another message that said my file was read only. Hmm. I look again and it says Normal.dot...